2015 JGP Riga Cup Pairs SP Aug 27 | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2015 JGP Riga Cup Pairs SP Aug 27

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
The two Russian teams that have gone so far are way out ahead of all the other pairs.

That's the annoying part of it. When a couple that you think has potential only lasts one season.

One season is rarely enough to know if a partnership is going to go places or not. For me, you need at least two.

So, I wonder if Xie Zhong is impatient and expects success straight away. Or if he is just hard to work with, and the girls can't put up with him!

CaroLiza_fan

I also kind of wonder if the Chinese fed thinks he has a lot of potential and are going through girls trying to find one that fits with him. On the other hand, I assume they'd ALSO know that you probably need at least a couple seasons to give a couple a chance.

s_parks

Record Breaker
I do hope he sticks with his partner this time. And if nothing else, the Chinese have Sui/Yang, who already have a quad twist and aren't yet age eligible.
edit: holy crap, he's still 16, with all his partner changes? At least we know he has some time.

Last edited:

Layback11

Record Breaker
reminds me of the shoplifting talk in the next JGP's thread:laugh:

Oh, but these are part of a large costume rental program. The junior pairs get to pick two senior singles they admire and borrow their costumes for a season (with slight alterations).

We also saw it at nationals when a novice girl skated in Yuna's Kiss of the Vampire dress.

And the song playing over the warm up just f-bombed. Did not know that was allowed at a sporting event....

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
With the Chinese pairs, it would be hard to imagine that the federation/powers that be don't have a lot to do with forming and breaking up pairs...

I also kind of wonder if the Chinese fed thinks he has a lot of potential and are going through girls trying to find one that fits with him. On the other hand, I assume they'd ALSO know that you probably need at least a couple seasons to give a couple a chance.

Ah! I hadn't actually thought of that possibility.

Mmmm. Don't like federations interfering in partnerships. It should be up to the skaters do decide whether something is working or not.

Probably should have stuck with Zhang Mingyang. :biggrin:

Needless to say, I have a feeling Zhao's height is probably going to become a major problem in the future. And she's only 15!

I wasn't going to say it, but those two thoughts had crossed my mind too!

I do hope he sticks with his partner this time. And if nothing else, the Chinese have Sui/Yang, who already have a quad twist and aren't yet age eligible.

Haven't seen them yet, but what you say does sound promising!

edit: holy crap, he's still 16, with all his partner changes? At least we know he has some time.

I know! That's what I couldn't get over!

Anyway, let's see what happens in the final group!

CaroLiza_fan

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Fun fact about "Booty Swing": In April of this year, I had to watch the spring gala of the dance company for my university as an assignment for my jazz class and I heard this song in one of the dance pieces in it. It was the first time I ever heard it and I was wondering why the heck it reminded me of "Chambermaid Swing" (Cause Kevin Reynolds skated to it) and so I looked in the program that was provided and I saw the name of who it was by and it was the same person who created "Chambermaid Swing" and I thought outloud, "That explains a lot!" LOL.

Just wanted to have a bit of storytime here.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Anastasia POLUIANOVA / Stepan KOROTKOV (RUS)

Music: Booty Swing by Parov Stelar

Purple fringe dress / purple, tartan vest, white shirt, brown pants

3Tw - nice
3STh - nice
2A - he stepout on 2A<<
PCosp3p
Stsq
4Li
BoDs

Bit anonymous, but some solid pairs elements

SP: 25.50+20.10 = 45.60, 3/7

TMC

Record Breaker
I enjoyed the last Russian team the most! Stepan is very charismatic :)

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
loved Czech team!! loved the music and their spin :clap:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Anna DUSKOVA / Martin BIDAR (CZE)

Music: Selection from Cirque du Soleil by Rene Dupere

Purple dress / black costume - both with folk flower motifs

2A
3Tw - ok, hands on shoulder on catch
3STh - fall
4Li
PCoSp3p
StSq
BoDs

SP: 26.82+22.09-1.00 = 47.91 (PB), 2/8

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Liked the Russian and Czech pairs we just saw!

But, is it just me, or does Anna Duskova look very like another skater?

Answers on a postcard to...

CaroLiza_fan

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
loved Czech team!! loved the music and their spin :clap:

47.91 points!!! Their new PB I think :) I saw them about three weeks ago at the summer camp skating their program and they've made a great progress over the past two years. I'm happy they are currently on the 2nd.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just as well this Ukrainian couple are going last. Because they are about to get arrested for crimes to fashion and music!

But, based on the skating, they should be released on bail no bother.

CaroLiza_fan

s_parks

Record Breaker

Pika

Final Flight
I loved the Ukrainian pair ! My favourites in the competition. The twist was huge

Layback11

Record Breaker
Oh gosh, the outfits, the deafeningly loud race sound affects, the breathy rapping...it is just too much! This pairs event is basically the equivalent of the Yellow Highliter and Shirt Pulled out of The Rubble of a Bombed Building in the men's event last week :laugh2: