2018 JGP Linz Pairs Free Skate | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Linz Pairs Free Skate

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
12 Laiken LOCKLEY / Keenan PROCHNOW (USA)

Music: Cloud Atlas (soundtrack)

Dark blue costumes, light blue sparkle

2S
3Tw
2A+COMBO - she fell, he did wonky 2A+1T
5ALi* - aborted during takeoff
3LoTh - bit low
3STh - hand down
4Li
ChSq
BoDs
PCoSp

Costly mistake with lift and jumps, so I'm guessing no medal

FS: 36.08+49.42-1.00 = 84.50, 139.11, 4/12

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I would love another all-Russian podium but I don't want these two to mess up ahhh

We will see. This time the field was much more equal than last week when all russian pairs were on completely different level. American pair had some mistakes, but still can make it to the third I think.
Edit: They didn't, I must see it again, there was much freezing again, I didn't see it all.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Watching these junior couples, I have the biggest admiration to male partners: so much strenght and effort put inside every skate, to see them being out of breath after the ending pose is a proof that what looks like an effortless thing requires tons of stamina and focus.
Polina is super cute, reminds me a bit of young Elena Radionova :), also very impressed of Anastasia's softness in movement and finishings. I dig also French pair, for girl this high they manage to pull it off, these catsuits were tres chic.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Aborted lift. and a weird fall on the sbs.

Big sigh. I've never seen this pair before and I'm very very impressed by them. Well this was a bit of a meltdown, but they did recover as well as one could hope. They definitely need to up their tech difficulty. But what has me excited about them is the rest of their skating. There's a real grace and emotional connection to this pair I haven't seen in an American pair in ages and ages.

So I hope they chalk this up as a Learning Experience and work on upping their tech. Because I really think they have something.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Big sigh. I've never seen this pair before and I'm very very impressed by them. Well this was a bit of a meltdown, but they did recover as well as one could hope. They definitely need to up their tech difficulty. But what has me excited about them is the rest of their skating. There's a real grace and emotional connection to this pair I haven't seen in an American pair in ages and ages.

So I hope they chalk this up as a Learning Experience and work on upping their tech. Because I really think they have something.

They really do, remind me of their coaches Rockne and Stefania. Lovely quality of general skating, good speed and flow, it is a matter of ironing these jumps and gaining more strenght in lifts. It definitely should be take a a learning curve, especially after promising SP.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker

I think for most of these teams it is a learning experience. Only the Russians, so far, have come with pair teams that look ready to go to seniors soon. The ones that won last year could go to senior now I think with S/K breaking up and the other team..retiring or breaking up.

Sorry..last week. Mishina and her partner.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
6 medals awarded in the JGP and all have gone to Russia. Their juniors teams have been a level above everyone else so far.
K/I were impressive, great on the tech side but work to do on the PCS. I still question their long term future and both programmes were not exactly to my liking but they score big here. She is a real star, very fiery performer.

Again I think P/S were the most mature of the teams here. I really like Spartacus and they skated to the high points of the music really well. I loved her landing positions on the throws, the way she stretches out and reaches with her arm is so effective. They bounced back well after yesterday’s short and Stas looked much happier today. I was pleasantly surprised by P/P. Not everything worked today but I liked the style and feel of the programme but they need to work on their expression. She is very elegant quite a compliment from Ted to compare her to Gordeeva.

I was disappointed for the Americans. I was impressed with their short but they were a little of today. Still they have good potential. Nice to see 2 Austrians pairs competing and good to see a big field.

hanca

Record Breaker
Again I think P/S were the most mature of the teams here. I really like Spartacus and they skated to the high points of the music really well. I loved her landing positions on the throws, the way she stretches out and reaches with her arm is so effective. They bounced back well after yesterday’s short and Stas looked much happier today. I was pleasantly surprised by P/P. Not everything worked today but I liked the style and feel of the programme but they need to work on their expression. She is very elegant quite a compliment from Ted to compare her to Gordeeva.

I love Poluyanova/Sopot’s throw landings. Poluyanova is a pretty decent pair skater and has consistent jumps, but I think this pair will not last. She is getting too tall. She is 169, he is 190 and she is outgrowing him. It is a huge advantage in pairs to have a bigger size difference. Even though it is possible to manage with smaller size difference such as Savchenko/Szolkovy or Sui/Han, unfortunately Sopot is neither Szolkovy nor Han. It doesn’t help that Poluyanova does not have the typically Russian pair thin figure and even though she is slim, her figure combined with how tall she is will make their prospects quite limited. I don’t think this pair will survive, especially in such competitive environment as Russian senior field will soon be. Which is a pity because Poluyanova is a good pair partner.