2015 Ondrej Nepela Trophy Pairs SP and FS | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2015 Ondrej Nepela Trophy Pairs SP and FS

zytolda

On the Ice
for me their body languages were screaming: I am so uncomfortable with my partner
QUOTE=bramweld;1231811]It was almost as though the throw was poorly timed. it barely had any lift or was I seeing things? Does this mean that poor Ksenia has to go on a severe diet to get her weight down to something he can manage or was it a matter of the technique, did they rush things? That just looked all kinds of uncomfortable. But it has the potential to be a great program. They looked all kinds of stiff in the K&C. If only these skaters could be a little less tense :frown:

Dylan and Lubov, coming along nicely :party2:. Bring it in the LP!![/QUOTE]

bramweld

Record Breaker
for me their body languages were screaming: I am so uncomfortable with my partner
QUOTE=bramweld;1231811]It was almost as though the throw was poorly timed. it barely had any lift or was I seeing things? Does this mean that poor Ksenia has to go on a severe diet to get her weight down to something he can manage or was it a matter of the technique, did they rush things? That just looked all kinds of uncomfortable. But it has the potential to be a great program. They looked all kinds of stiff in the K&C. If only these skaters could be a little less tense :frown:

Dylan and Lubov, coming along nicely :party2:. Bring it in the LP!!
[/QUOTE]

He didn't even look at her in the K&C or find out if she was okay. :shrug:

Layback11

Record Breaker
Watching pairs programs now. A/R were a joy to watch! That program is great for them and I can't wait to see it live at SA!

Alba

Record Breaker
Well, we'll maybe have to agree to disagree here. A lot of their errors last season were on the throws.

I'm afraid we cannot agree to disagree for the simple fact that protocols shows (not to mention the videos) you are wrong. Besides showing they they didn't have many errors overall, as you seem to think, you will also see they had positive GoE's for all their throws, in all competitions last season, except one throw in the LP at the Euros. I'm not counting the 3STh they missed in the end of the LP because Fedor toe picked the ice during crossovers before the throw.

Protocols of all their competitions during 2014-2015. You may

Rostelecom SP
Rostelecom LP

TEB SP
TEB LP

GPF SP
GPF LP

Euros SP
Euros LP

Same during 2013-2014 season actually. They had 2 errors during the whole 2013-2014 with the 3FTh. Once in the LP at Skate America and the second time in the SP at CoR.

You might not like them but their throws are their most solid element really. Their weakness is the twist because it was 2Tw before and now is 3Tw level 2 (sometimes not very well performed either) and some of the lifts. Although they have worked this season with a great italian WC roller skater on the lifts.

As for Trankov what I think I don't like is that he doesn't conceal his effort and he often stops to see how Tatiana does rather than just smoothly moving on with the choreography.

I don't know what you mean really? The partner should wait for the partner and get the right timing. None of the pairs does what you seems to be saying.

She gets great height, yes, gets excellent positions yes but almost half her landings are always two footed. So excellent technique no, but impressive to look at yes.

I'm not going to bother with 2011-2012 and 2012-2013 season now, but just having a quick look at their protocols from 2013-2014 season I can tell you their throws is again one of their strongest elements. They skated to: SA, NHK, GPF, Euros and Sochi. They got all +3 for the 3LoTh and +2 for 3STh in all competitions, except 2 times: the 3STh in the LP at the Euros where they got all -3 GoE's and a little bit low GoE's (although still positive) in Sochi during the LP because she slightly touched with the other foot during the landing of the 3STh.

I think you have a strange way to calculate how "often" these pairs make errors on their throws, and how "half of Tatiana's landings" are two footed.
Maybe you remember all their errors, like the SBS jumps, and you're mixing them with throws?

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What the h**l? I couldn't watch the pairs live, and was going to watch now, but the whole pairs SP video is blocked because of some copyrights :mad:. And most likely it's all because of one track used in one of the SPs :rolleye:.

Edit: Thankfully it seems that some good people have uploaded separate pairs videos to YouTube. Not the same as watching the whole competition, but much better than nothing :).

I'm sorry but copyright is getting too strict here. Like if a skater skates to it and fans want to watch it, then we should see it.

:disapp: Sorry but some people need to make exceptions (Like a LOT of exceptions), when their songs are used.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I am excited for groups 2 and 3 of the pairs... I suspect group 1 is going to be a bit touch and go but I suppose we'll all make it through somehow...

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
they worked with Alex Wong from So You Think You Can Dance, he worked with Merly and Charlie for their 2013-2014 FD as well i think, i dont remember if anyone else helped choreographing though

Meryl and Charlie worked with Derek Hough of Dancing With the Stars.

I hadn't read who the Shibs worked with for the SD, but it shows nicely. Beautiful program. I agree that it would help if they danced a little closer.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I just did a Google search on Ioulia CHTCHETININA to try to find out about her background. (OK, so my primary motivation was to get some semblance of an idea as to how to pronounce her surname!)

And, EVERYTHING I can find about her is connected to her skating Singles.

So, I wonder if she is only a recent convert to Pairs skating?

And no, unfortunately I didn't make any progress with regards her name. :disapp:

CaroLiza_fan

tulosai

Record Breaker
There's something really charming about Paris and Matthew :)

I'm sorry but I can't stand them. I feel like they literally have no redeeming qualities as a pair and should put all of us and themselves out of their misery and split or retire ASAP. There are too many problems to even begin to list them here in the amount of time we have before the next pair, but one fundamental issue that is impacting a lot of their elements is that the height difference is plainly insufficient, especially considering that she is not a teeny tiny little thing but instead dares to weigh a normal amount for her height (and in all seriousness good for her, she looks healthy, but the elements are just not working).

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Woo! Thr3Lo and SBS 2As were ON today!

Poor Matthew. Haven't seen him have a skate that bad in quite a while. He'll be beating himself up for sure.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Well, let's take the positives.

They didn't have any falls. And their costumes were lovely.

And at least they did not use the same awful edit of the Evita music that Roberta RODEGHIERO will be using tomorrow.

Hey, you never know, Matthew might have used up the full quota of bad luck that was allocated to the Dodds brothers for this event. So, we may see something spectacular from Jordan and Andrew tomorrow! ;)

Better luck next time!

CaroLiza_fan

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'm sorry but I can't stand them. I feel like they literally have no redeeming qualities as a pair and should put all of us and themselves out of their misery and split or retire ASAP. There are too many problems to even begin to list them here in the amount of time we have before the next pair, but one fundamental issue that is impacting a lot of their elements is that the height difference is plainly insufficient, especially considering that she is not a teeny tiny little thing but instead dares to weigh a normal amount for her height (and in all seriousness good for her, she looks healthy, but the elements are just not working).

Oof. A little harsh. Not to say I disagree with the baseline for your argument, but that was a little harsh.

Matthew is not very tall at all, unlike Andrew and Jordan. He's shorter than me, I'm pretty sure, which makes his options pretty limited in a country where everyone, including ladies, gets fairly tall. Plus, we have a general shortage of pairs skaters anyway, both male and female. So it's all very well to say they should split, but then they'd both be out of a partner.

Although, I really admired Jordan and Eliza when they were together...perhaps if Eliza was still interested in pairs...

tulosai

Record Breaker
P/M had some charming moments. That last lift was really awkward/weird though- I hope they change it.