Detailed event schedule for 2015 Skate America? | Golden Skate

Detailed event schedule for 2015 Skate America?

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Has anyone come across a detailed full event schedule for 2015 Skate America yet? They've released the days/times of each individual competition, but I was hoping for something more in-depth.

For example, 2015 Skate Canada International has published a full event schedule, which is basically what I'm seeking for SA:

http://skatecanada.ca/wp-content/up...RAFT-5-clean-copy-ENG-071315-RB-July-6-SC.pdf

ETA:

The color-coded schedule is now up:

http://www.isuresults.com/events/GP-USA2015_ColouredTimeSchedule.pdf

Last edited:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Has anyone come across a detailed full event schedule for 2015 Skate America yet? They've released the days/times of each individual competition, but I was hoping for something more in-depth.

For example, 2015 Skate Canada International has published a full event schedule, which is basically what I'm seeking for SA:

http://skatecanada.ca/wp-content/up...RAFT-5-clean-copy-ENG-071315-RB-July-6-SC.pdf

Go to the USFSA website, go to "events," click Skate America, and look for schedule.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Go to the USFSA website, go to "events," click Skate America, and look for schedule.

When I went to USFSA website and clicked Skate America, it kicks me to the main page of http://www.2015skateamerica.com/ which doesn't list a detailed schedule (unless I'm missing it).

If you click on the Skate Canada schedule above, you will see that it includes Thursday, as well as all practice sessions on Friday and Saturday.

ice coverage

Record Breaker

When I went to USFSA website and clicked Skate America, it kicks me to the main page of http://www.2015skateamerica.com/ which doesn't list a detailed schedule (unless I'm missing it).

If you click on the Skate Canada schedule above, you will see that it includes Thursday, as well as all practice sessions on Friday and Saturday.

sabinfire, I know exactly what you are looking for, and I have seen no sign of the color-coded schedule PDF yet. Not on usfigureskating.org; not on the Skate America site; and not on the ISU site.
(For 2014 Skate America, I don't think it was published until early October.)

CKH, if you really have already found the color-coded schedule PDF for Skate America, please give us either the URL for the PDF itself -- or at least the URL for whatever page has a link to the PDF. Thanks.

ETA, the color-coded schedule is not at the link below either, but BTW, the arena has a Facebook page for Skate America. Just making note of the link:

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker

Thanks, but the basic Fri-Sun schedule at your link is not what sabinfire is looking for. (He is looking for additional information not shown at your link.)

Again:
sabinfire has said that he is looking for the full-blown color-coded schedule (which would have details on Skate America practice sessions, for example, including on Thursday).
It would be the document analogous to the Skate Canada color-coded schedule PDF, which sabinfire gave in the OP.

ETA:

As I think sabinfire knows, the link to the color-coded schedule PDF eventually -- eventually -- should show up on the ISU page(s) for Skate America. The question is when it will show up. It could be a matter of weeks before it does.

sabinfire, please let us know whenever you do find it, whether on the ISU site or elsewhere.​

Last edited:

TanithandBenFan

On the Ice
The color-coded SA schedule is never up this early. I remember one year it wasn't posted until the day before the event. I was scrambling to print color copies before I got on the plane lol.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Thanks for looking into this. Evidently, the 2015 SA color-coded schedule doesn't appear to be available yet. I was hoping, since 2015 SC posted theirs in July, that 2015 SA would not be far behind (especially since the event is a week prior to SC) -- the full event schedule is extremely useful for pre-planning and developing an event itinerary, so I hope it becomes available sooner rather than later.

If the schedule has not already surfaced here before I come across it, I will definitely post the link when I find it.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
My level of "oh hell yes" is very high right now. Men's events are in the middle of the day on a Saturday and Sunday my time! PERFECT!

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Three weeks and three days to go! But who's counting? :p

I am. lol I waited forever to buy a flight ticket and book a hotel and car (still haven't done any of it :slink:). Now all the flights I wanted are gone :laugh2: Will have to fly to Chicago and drive to Milwaukee, oops :hopelessness:

ETA: nevermind, I managed to get a flight that arrives in Milwaukee right before Thursday practices and I can get back to DC at a reasonable time on Monday, i.e. not at midnight :biggrin:

Last edited:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Three weeks and three days to go! But who's counting? :p

I'm going to be SOOOOOOO busy between now and then. Three tests, one lab report, practice every week day for two weeks for my college's midnight madness, a field trip with my ecology lab section to a beehive (Which I much prefer to write 3 lab reports in one night than to go to a beehive. G-D please help me. I'm terrified), helping out at a race with my team, our midnight madness, and....hmmmmmm more to come.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I'm going to be SOOOOOOO busy between now and then. Three tests, one lab report, practice every week day for two weeks for my college's midnight madness, a field trip with my ecology lab section to a beehive (Which I much prefer to write 3 lab reports in one night than to go to a beehive. G-D please help me. I'm terrified), helping out at a race with my team, our midnight madness, and....hmmmmmm more to come.

Oh Good...now my old college nightmares are REALLY comming back....where are my classes....did I get enough credits and for which degree? Where DID I park my motorcycle? Paper? What paper?

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Anyone know if the arena seats are padded? If not, I have a special blow up cushion thanks to my wife.....
Bony old Coyote

firal

Record Breaker
Anyone know if the arena seats are padded? If not, I have a special blow up cushion thanks to my wife.....
Bony old Coyote

I usually bring an extra scarf so I can sit on it...even the padded ones hurt my rear-end after awhile...:) However remember to bring it home with you since I've stood up and walked out without it once.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I usually bring an extra scarf so I can sit on it...even the padded ones hurt my rear-end after awhile...:) However remember to bring it home with you since I've stood up and walked out without it once.

Not a bad idea but this self inflating tush pad is pretty slick and rolls up to nothing. I emailed the box office but they elected to not answer my question. If I can find some time in the next five days, I will call them...Saturday is going to be a very long day in that seat!
Chris who doesnt have much of his own padding