2015 US International Figure Skating Classic Men SP and FS | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2015 US International Figure Skating Classic Men SP and FS

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Great program. He seems like he's really enjoying himself. Shame about the jumps though. :cry:

sses1

On the Ice
Daniel is a really great performer. Needs a bit more speed and better spins, but he could be the next big skater from Europe after Javi if he continues to improve...Who knows?

I was just thinking the same thing. Maybe he can borrow Javi's coach too. I mean Daniel has soooooo much potential that he could easily challenge for the podium at any big senior competition if he goes clean. His jump technique is inherent but his skating, spins and speed needs a lot more work. He looks so laboured in his stsq, I'm wondering if its stamina issues or a by product of his training process. So much potential there, I need him to realize it!

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
1 10 Ross MINER, USA 74.66
2 1 Alexei BYCHENKO, ISR 72.60
3 12 Daniel SAMOHIN, ISR 71.52
4 14 Timothy DOLENSKY, USA 69.18
5 7 Keiji TANAKA, JPN 66.54
6 16 Richard DORNBUSH, USA 65.33
7 9 Andrew DODDS, AUS 59.59
8 8 Christophe BELLEY-LEMELIN, CAN 58.12
9 5 Shoma UNO, JPN 52.45
10 2 Bela PAPP, FIN 50.04
11 4 Lukas KAUGARS, LAT 49.62
12 15 Carlo Vittorio PALERMO, ITA 47.05
13 3 Leslie IP, HKG 42.37
14 6 Javier RAYA, ESP 40.34
15 13 Jordan DODDS, AUS 38.39
16 11 Yaroslav PANIOT, UKR 37.45

Proud of you, Daniel! :cheer2:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I was just thinking the same thing. Maybe he can borrow Javi's coach too. I mean Daniel has soooooo much potential that he could easily challenge for the podium at any big senior competition if he goes clean. His jump technique is inherent but his skating, spins and speed needs a lot more work. He looks so laboured in his stsq, I'm wondering if its stamina issues or a by product of his training process. So much potential there, I need him to realize it!

He is coached by his parents so it's doubtful he would ever change. Consistency is his downfall, but I feel like he will get there eventually. He's still only 17.

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
Let's get it together for the free skate, please Shoma. This comp should've been an easy win for you! :cry:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Congrats Ross! Who would've guessed the leader in the SP would be a quad-less man with a UR 3A? :drama:

Layback11

Record Breaker
Poor Shoma! That can't be what he wanted...

Also, great for Ross! Really happy for him.

I'm not very good at deciphering men's scores (it took a year just to figure that out for the two disciplines I more actively follow), but I'm trying to learn. So could somebody please tell me whether or not Ross' 74 was a good international score?

Also a little surprised to see Ricky in 6th...I mean, this is a multiple time GP medalist! How is he not placing higher in this field? Is he injured or sick? Or did he just have a really terrible day?

FTnoona

Final Flight
I don't think Shoma ended up actually attempting a 4T. He was so loose in the air that he barely got it into a 3T. His timing was really off on his first 2 jumps. Hopefully he isn't injured :no: