StSq
2A
LSp
CCoSp3p

Have to go now

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Elizabet changed her SP?! I really enjoyed that program when she skated it as EX at SA, it shows how musical she is, i cant wait to see it!

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
I am really curious about this, I'm gonna watch it later. I wonder how she performs to upbeat music.

Elizabet's SP was to I Got Rhythm, her exhibition music from earlier in the season. (There's a version with quality camera footage of the exhibition from Skate America). I think she skates well to both types of music. This being her first outing of the competitive program, she wound up behind and missed the end of the music while finishing her spin. Hopefully to be improved upon the next outing.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Alright I'm starting to watch now... going to start by watching the (relatively few) early skaters of actual interest to me but I should catch up to real time soon.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Okay thoughts on a few early competitors:

Group 1:

Lutricia BOCK: Knew she rang a bell for some reason, turns out it's because of her gorgeous costume :rofl: She's actually a very lovely skater, I am surprised her score wasn't a but higher!

CHOI: Do we know why she is alone in K&C?? It seemed so sad.

Elizabet TURSYNBAEVA: Not her best skate but thank god someone finally got her away from those serious ballads she clearly doesn't understand- she's only 15 for the love of God. I think this is a much better for for her!

Layback11

Record Breaker
Elizabet TURSYNBAEVA (KAZ)

Music: I Got Rhythm by Nikki Yanofsky (new)

Hot pink dress, black shoulders/lining/arm warmers (new)

3S+3T
CCoSp3p
3F - stepout
StSq
2A
FCSp
LSp

New program and layout. A more spunky/upbeat program from her than we're used to

SP: 31.64+25.84 = 57.48, 1/6

Hold up. She's turned her exhibition into an SP?

:cheer: I LOVED that ex! And it's less...serious/heavy, which is good. Can't wait to see that!

tulosai

Record Breaker
Group 2 thoughts:

Nicole SCHOTT: Lovely skate. Like with Bock, surprised she didn't score more... in fact these scores seem a bit depressed generally.

Maria GOROKHOVA: I really only wanted to watch her since she's Russian but I actually as it turns out really liked her... and her costume:agree:. Pity about the hard fall :( Great step sequence, quite powerful!

Viveca LINDFORS: She caught my attention earlier this season so I was SO excited to see her! She didn't disappoint me- her musicality is just great! It is really too bad about the popped jump :drama:

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Onto the last group now, Tyler Pierce scored 62 and is the current leader. I hope my dear Sotskova does well. Super excited for her.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Group 3:

Best part of this group: being able to just joyfully skip the Roxanne song!

Juni Marie BENJAMINSEN: Quite lacking in polish but some very nice qualities- another one where it's a shame about the pop.

Tyler PIERCE: Another costume to love! :love: This was awesome and she should be so proud :cheer: Hopefully she'll also be able to deliver in the long!

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Oh lord I am in love with this Black Magic Sotskova :love: Nice senior debut, I hope scores will be high.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Finally basically up to real time!

I love Maria Sotskova! I think this was her senior debut, and what a great one! She has fantastic energy and lines and presence! Well deserved lead!

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Camilla GJERSEM (NOR)

Music: The Havana Slide by Vanessa Mae

Hot pink fringe dress, orange hem, open back

3Lo+2T - turn in-between
3S - ok, hangs on
FCSp
LSp
1A*
StSq
CCoSp3p