3T+3T - stepout, looked at least 3T+3T<
3Lz - scratchy, looked <
CCoSp3p
StSq
FSSp
LSp

Think I missed her 2A somewhere

SP: 29.62+23.24 = 52.86, 4/22

She did her 2A before the combo, it was okay.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Oh lord I am in love with this Black Magic Sotskova :love: Nice senior debut, I hope scores will be high.

26 PCS for 38 TES is robbery IMO. I don't understand why Pierce had higher PCS scores?

Anyways I love this program and wonder if Masha can make it to Euros or Worlds this season. Apart from Evgenia, the rest of the senior ladies seem very vulnerable right now. Hope she kicks booty in the FS!

tulosai

Record Breaker
26 PCS for 38 TES is robbery IMO. I don't understand why Pierce had higher PCS scores?

Anyways I love this program and wonder if Masha can make it to Euros or Worlds this season. Apart from Evgenia, the rest of the senior ladies seem very vulnerable right now. Hope she kicks booty in the FS!

I also thought it was a bit crazy that Pierce got higher PCS..

Watermelondrea

Final Flight
38 TES is a little generous and 26 PCS is SO lowballed... IMO should have scored around 66 ish...

But someone brought up worlds or Europeans earlier, for sure Europeans, I don't think they would send her to Senior Worlds as they'd rather send her to Junior since they don't really have a replacement for a third Russian member, they'd make use of Pogorilaya or Radionova, even Sotnikova before Sotskova.

It will be interesting to see next season how Sotskova will fair up against the Russian field since she's already had her growth spurt and her jumps clearly aren't going anywhere. I think next season she will make it to worlds, regardless of how anyone else does just because of the fact that Medvedeva and Radionova may be out of the running as there growth period begins to start. She won't be needed in Juniors anymore with Fedichkina, Nugumanova, Lozko, and Gubanova. Not to mention Tsurskaya, who could also spring up in the place of other Russian seniors if they don't get there crap together, because if I'm right, Tsurskaya could go to seniors next year, correct? They certainly wouldn't need her in juniors either seeing how they've already got 4 incredible talents in Juniors.

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Tsurskaya will have to be junior next season due to age rules, though she is absolutely at the senior level.

I don't want to jinx Maria but she really has consistency factor this season so far. I wouldn't choose her to have Europeans pressure this year actually. She finally holds everything up together and potentially may win Junior Worlds depending on how Tsurskaya and Japanese ladies perform that day. So I hope senior ladies like Tuktamysheva/Radionova/Pogorilaya performs enough to surpass her this season.

For next season, it's too early to talk but I have strong faith in her that she will be among the top seniors.

Watermelondrea

Final Flight
Tsurskaya will have to be junior next season due to age rules, though she is absolutely at the senior level.

I don't want to jinx Maria but she really has consistency factor this season so far. I wouldn't choose her to have Europeans pressure this year actually. She finally holds everything up together and potentially may win Junior Worlds depending on how Tsurskaya and Japanese ladies perform that day. So I hope senior ladies like Tuktamysheva/Radionova/Pogorilaya performs enough to surpass her this season.

For next season, it's too early to talk but I have strong faith in her that she will be among the top seniors.

Well they all are doing really weird things this season, whether it's costume choice, music choice or jumps. Sotskova's technique is very solid and I do think she'd be able to handle the Europeans pressure. The problem is that you Sotnikova here who gets top choice, so if Sotskova makes it to ANY senior competition in the second half of the season, that means Adelina better be there too, only because the Russian Fed favors her so much.

We still don't know if Russia plans to split the Euro's and Worlds team, I still think it's a little to early for that but no matter what Russia could still sweep the podium that way. The top 6 skaters in Russia right now are: Medvedeva, Tuktamysheva, Radionova, Pogorilaya, Sotskova, Tsurskaya (Junior), and then you have one spot, maybe two for Euro's if they decide to split the two competitions. You just know that Sotnikova is going to get one spot, so who takes the last one? Lipnitskaia? I'm not so sure... :confused:

But either way it's going to be a great season!! :agree:

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Well they all are doing really weird things this season, whether it's costume choice, music choice or jumps. Sotskova's technique is very solid and I do think she'd be able to handle the Europeans pressure. The problem is that you Sotnikova here who gets top choice, so if Sotskova makes it to ANY senior competition in the second half of the season, that means Adelina better be there too, only because the Russian Fed favors her so much.

We still don't know if Russia plans to split the Euro's and Worlds team, I still think it's a little to early for that but no matter what Russia could still sweep the podium that way. The top 6 skaters in Russia right now are: Medvedeva, Tuktamysheva, Radionova, Pogorilaya, Sotskova, Tsurskaya (Junior), and then you have one spot, maybe two for Euro's if they decide to split the two competitions. You just know that Sotnikova is going to get one spot, so who takes the last one? Lipnitskaia? I'm not so sure... :confused:

But either way it's going to be a great season!! :agree:

I'm not sure Adelina wants to go to Euros or Worlds. It seems like she just wants to be skating and competing again, but not super intensely? She's only doing 2 competitions this fall, so I'm not sure of her intentions.

And Tsurskaya was born in early July so, unfortunately, she'll have to stay junior next season. I think she is the one to watch in the future though. Those jumps are amazing. Hopefully she doesn't get too much taller.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I'm not sure Adelina wants to go to Euros or Worlds. It seems like she just wants to be skating and competing again, but not super intensely? She's only doing 2 competitions this fall, so I'm not sure of her intentions.

And Tsurskaya was born in early July so, unfortunately, she'll have to stay junior next season. I think she is the one to watch in the future though. Those jumps are amazing. Hopefully she doesn't get too much taller.

I'm not sure about Adelina's immediate future goals but I do know that she has consistently stated, both before and after winning the Olympics, that winning Worlds remains a major goal of hers. I don't think she'd have returned to competition if this goal was not still in her mind and driving her. I also think that while she does love skating, she is a competitor and does want to win. I'd frankly be shocked if she does not 'want' to go to Euros and Worlds, and also to win them. Whether that's realistic is a different question, but to think she doesn't want to go is a bit far fetched to me.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Regarding Adelina going to worlds. If that was her goal, don't we think she would have competed in a few more comps to get her world standing back up? As it is she would be a pretty early skater wouldn't she?

tulosai

Record Breaker
Regarding Adelina going to worlds. If that was her goal, don't we think she would have competed in a few more comps to get her world standing back up? As it is she would be a pretty early skater wouldn't she?

Not really. Regarding the ranking, she'll probably be ranked between 22 and 25 in the world by the time worlds comes around but at least 9 people ranked above her (if she goes) won't be there because of age or country limits. She won't be in the first or second group, but she won't be in one of the last groups either, and even if she was I don't think she'd be heavily penalized.

Regarding not competing more, honestly, I think she is going slow because she is coming back from what are really some insidious and lingering injuries. I think she is trying not to injure herself further specifically so she'll have the best likelihood of being healthy and ready to go for Euros and Worlds.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What Da Funk is Da Bin Choi doing? That's a very surprising score.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Re Russian juniors: while they have a replacement for Masha (Alisa, Polina and Sima is still a great team), there are better senior ladies they could send and I believe they will. This was an amazing debut for Masha, though.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
tallinn trophy removed the videos already :gaah: and there arent many videos, close to none! i wanted to see Elizabet :sad4:

tulosai

Record Breaker
Re Russian juniors: while they have a replacement for Masha (Alisa, Polina and Sima is still a great team), there are better senior ladies they could send and I believe they will. This was an amazing debut for Masha, though.

Sima is a disaster this year. I love her but she's not getting on any team at Nationals short of a miracle.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Sima is a disaster this year. I love her but she's not getting on any team at Nationals short of a miracle.
If she doesn't, then she'll probably be beaten by someone like Valeriya Mikhailova-still a fine team.

Jombi

On the Ice
17:50:00 - 17:56:10 Warm-up Group 1
17:56:40 - 18:04:10 Johanna ALLIK EST
18:04:10 - 18:11:40 Deimante KIZALAITE LTU
18:11:40 - 18:19:10 Helery HÄLVIN EST
18:19:10 - 18:26:41 Matilde GIANOCCA SUI
18:26:41 - 18:34:12 Fleur MAXWELL LUX

18:34:12 - 18:40:22 Warm-up Group 2
18:40:52 - 18:48:24 Elzbieta KROPA LTU
18:48:24 - 18:55:56 Da Bin CHOI KOR
18:55:56 - 19:03:28 Aleksandra GOLOVKINA LTU
19:03:28 - 19:11:01 Eliska BREZINOVA CZE
19:11:01 - 19:18:34 Camilla GJERSEM NOR
19:18:34 - 19:33:34 Ice Resurfacing

19:33:34 - 19:39:44 Warm-up Group 3
19:40:14 - 19:47:48 Nathalie WEINZIERL GER
19:47:48 - 19:55:22 Elizaveta UKOLOVA CZE
19:55:22 - 20:02:56 Hanna KIVINIEMI FIN
20:02:56 - 20:10:31 Juni Marie BENJAMINSEN NOR
20:10:31 - 20:18:06 Maria GOROKHOVA RUS
20:18:06 - 20:25:42 Viveca LINDFORS FIN

20:25:42 - 20:31:52 Warm-up Group 4
20:32:22 - 20:39:58 Lutricia BOCK GER
20:39:58 - 20:47:34 Tyler PIERCE USA
20:47:34 - 20:55:11 Nicole SCHOTT GER
20:55:11 - 21:02:48 Maria SOTSKOVA RUS
21:02:48 - 21:10:26 Angelina KUCHVALSKA LAT
21:10:26 - 21:18:04 Elizabet TURSYNBAEVA KAZ

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Elizabet is gonna skate last? :eekn: i wont be able to watch it live (and probably no video will be available when i have a chance to watch :palmf:) i hope she will do better job than yesterday, you think we have another surprise waiting for us?? :laugh:

Last edited: