2016 US Nationals Senior Ice Dance SD | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2016 US Nationals Senior Ice Dance SD

mrrice

Record Breaker
Personally, it is much easier when using a tablet or phone, 90% of the time that I type out the full names they get autocorrected into something unintelligible that I miss before posting and then I have to go back and edit and make sure it doesn't happen again. If I'm just making a quick point or commenting in the middle of an event it's not worth all that (though I will type them out if there are two couples in the same event with the same initials to avoid confusion).

That makes complete sense...Thank you.

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
Can someone please tell me how to find the skate order for the sd? I can't find it anywhere on the usfsa website, though I assume it's there somewhere because I've seen skate orders from that website posted in other threads.

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I notice that most everyone in this thread is rooting for the Shibs, as am I. Hope they do it! Their programs are superb.

Does anyone else feel the reason for this is that Madison Chock was better with Greg Zuerlein? I know I liked her better with Greg....something feels wrong about her partnership with Evan Bates. But maybe it's just me!

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
Haven't been here in quite a while but I'll be avidly watching :hap85::luv17::clap: Go Maia & Alex!!!

Astrid56

Final Flight
I notice that most everyone in this thread is rooting for the Shibs, as am I. Hope they do it! Their programs are superb.

Does anyone else feel the reason for this is that Madison Chock was better with Greg Zuerlein? I know I liked her better with Greg....something feels wrong about her partnership with Evan Bates. But maybe it's just me!

Yep! Everybody is rooting for the Shibs to win. I think Maddie's partnership with Evan Bates is great despite the height difference. She and Evan do better as a team_ consistently done well, score/podium-wise. For them to achieve what they've so far achieved in 4 years is pretty remarkable _ noteworthy. Some call their achievement the result of 'politics', I daresay, it's a rare and potent combination of talent and grit. Of course, having Igor as their coach is a real plus _ a really good technician with good musical ear. Igor's not particularly great as a choreographer but if you look at the way C/B skate to the music, you can tell the coach has a good feel for music and rhythm.

humbaba

Final Flight
Well, I'm one person who hopes Maddie and Evan grab a second title. I understand why the Shibs are sentimental favorites, though. They've had such a frustrating career trajectory. It's impossible not to sympathize with them. May the skate gods grant good skates to all the teams. :hap10:

caitie

Medalist
I wonder if it's possible to have two IN feeds running at the same time on one computer so I can listen to Meryl and Judy Blumberg + Charlie White's commentary all at the same time. D:

tulosai

Record Breaker
Well, I'm one person who hopes Maddie and Evan grab a second title. I understand why the Shibs are sentimental favorites, though. They've had such a frustrating career trajectory. It's impossible not to sympathize with them. May the skate gods grant good skates to all the teams. :hap10:

I am also rooting for Chock/Bates to win this :agree:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I wonder if it's possible to have two IN feeds running at the same time on one computer so I can listen to Meryl and Judy Blumberg + Charlie White's commentary all at the same time. D:

The best way to do this is open IN on two browsers. I opened one in Chrome and the other on Safari. It worked well.

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States

I actually enjoy both C/B and the Shibs, so I'm just hoping for amazing skates for both! The Shibs are definitely the more popular team in my opinion, but I think both teams have great qualities! It all depends on the judges/performances at nationals... Anything can happen! (I'm actually really excited about the outcome of this event)

Ekm

On the Ice
Excited to see Madi and Zach, they have my favorite short in all of ice dance this season.

Chock and Bates are my number 3 after Hubbell and Donohue and Hawayek and Baker, but I really enjoy them as well, and I think they get an unfair amount of crap.

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker

How do you find the two links? I always just use the main link given on the home page.

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
Chock and Bates are my number 3 after Hubbell and Donohue and Hawayek and Baker, but I really enjoy them as well, and I think they get an unfair amount of crap.

At least the judges don't give them any crap, ;)

caitie

Medalist
How do you find the two links? I always just use the main link given on the home page.

Usually when I'm watching one feed, the alternate (or backstage, I think they call it) feed is the next listed video at the bottom. I can link both once the SD starts, though.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Y'all, is there a reason that you don't spell these skaters names and just use their initials?

Lot's of reasons obviously... but if posters want to be read and understood, hmmm, I just skip reading their opinions if I not instantly know who they are refering to - which I mostly do not :confused:

YES!