2016 US Nationals Senior Pairs SP | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2016 US Nationals Senior Pairs SP

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
That was a sloppy skate, but at least they seemed to be enjoying themselves. He is a much stronger skater than she is.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Elizaveta Usmantseva/Matej Silecky

Music: Pirates of the Caribbean

Costumes: hers is red and Chinese-inspired and his is a grey tunic with red details and black pants

Elements:
2Tw-low but smooth
3S-both fall
3STh
Death spiral
StSq
Lift-press and haircutter positions
Pair spin

Their names are impossible to spell. Clearly a new pair, but should improve with time. Bad SBS jumps = pretty much an epidemic by now.

Score: 38.34

Last edited:

Art&Sport

Medalist
:love: This'll make the PBPs easy as all get out!

That info is fine, but not while they are skating. Programs are broken up enough into elements as it is. I'd like to see and enjoy an entire performance without thinking about scores until afterward.

MoonlightSkater

On the Ice
A/S - Love her costume, his fit the program.

Nice lifts, but I wanted a bit more from them throughout. They would have been better off without the SBS jumps, looking at the score.

U/S - nice back entrance to the pairs camel spin. Poor music cut, and not sure of the theme of the program. Look like a new pair.

Last edited:

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Elizaveta's dress is a cheongsam, now that I can see it better. Asian program, but I don't know where the music is from.

Wow, both fell on the SBS! and odd falls, too. like they landed, but their skates slipped out from under them.

Oh, not Asian music. POTO.

Art&Sport

Medalist
Is anybody else having reception problems with IN stream? It is so not worth it having to put up with mess-ups in streaming and playback. It happens too often.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Detailed TES scoring -- live, in real-time -- can be viewed at the NBC link below for those without an IN subscription:

http://www.nbcsports.com/US-Figure-Skating-Championships

Sorry if someone already said so in this thread. Am just joining the thread now.

(Best to Maddie and Max when it's their turn to take the ice :yay:.)

ETA ... I see that now that mustafakent did make a veiled reference above to the NBC live scoring. So cryptic ;) that I missed it earlier.​

Last edited:

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
I am liking the tech box, nice to know the levels in real time w/out having to wait for protocols, now the icenetwork id on the upper right they can lose

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That info is fine, but not while they are skating. Programs are broken up enough into elements as it is. I'd like to see and enjoy an entire performance without thinking about scores until afterward.

I think it'll be a subjective thing. I do agree on the scores though. I appreciate knowing what the element is, but I'd rather not know how it's scored until the end--let's keep a bit of surprise in there. But it is nice for those of us who don't know all the tech details having the element at least identified.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Marissa Castelli/Mervin Tran

Music: Summertime

Costumes: gold lace dress for her and black t shirt and pants for him

Elements:

3Tw-big but a little crashy
SBS 3S-she doubles
3STh
Lift-press and split positions with cartwheel exit
Pair spin
StSq-commentator just came in suddenly
Death spiral

Pretty good! Topped the last team by 10 pts in TES :laugh:

Score: 64.12

Last edited:

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Mervin and Marissa are killing it :hap10:

B is in love.

Oh, hello there announcer man. Didn't have anything to say about the other two groups? Me neither.

Scovies

Final Flight
After the first two pairs, the speed and quality that Marissa and Mervin have is really apparent.