On Site Reports @ US 2016 Nats | Page 2 | Golden Skate

On Site Reports @ US 2016 Nats

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States

georgia

On the Ice
Adam skated a perfect program and he looks great in his brown hair. Max looks strong. He was first to skate in his group and did his program without the jumps. His line has improved.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Wonkey day! Chris K. 's expression on his face looked worried all day...Polina, my beautiful Polina who had lots of trouble jumping in practice, aces it. I thought Mirai was sunk for making the podium but now is still in the mix as a dark horse after nerve monsters came out of the ice and grabbed about everyone. Lots more people tonight....but still very little food...local eateries had long lines to get in.....did you hear us cheering Mirai before her name was called?...Kansas city booth was doing a land office business...lots of folks still buyin tickets for Boston. Poor down and out street people begging for money in skyway...and the smell of...well, never mind....So proud of my grand daughters Mariah Bell and Hannah Miller. Got lots of good candid shots of folk as I look from my seat right into the kiss and cry....had to move from sitting with PaulE and his wife. The "Music" hit 85 dbs on my meter and they stuck ear plugs in and I left for the quieter Kiss and Cry area...having fun, wish you were here....oh, and the opening cerimonies with the ice follies were great! Even Mr. Debonair (Dryer?) tried a jump at 80 years young and almost landed it!

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
So the boot was fixable. Tom Z really made everyone worry last night. There's never a lack of drama with Mirai, even if she doesn't intentionally do anything to cause it.

tulosai

Record Breaker
So the boot was fixable. Tom Z really made everyone worry last night. There's never a lack of drama with Mirai, even if she doesn't intentionally do anything to cause it.

Yes it's hard because some of what's gone on with her really and genuinely is just bad luck plain and simple which is so frustrating...

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I am willing to forgive ole Tom as he is working harder than a one armed wall paper hanger with crabs and foot fungus.....
Congrats to Ross ....I really enjoyed watching that program....a rare thing for me to say about a men's skate. Max, you rock!
As for Adam, I think he should have been giged a bit more for the wonkey combo but right now, we have a real horse race for the gold.
I like Nathan but he is all about technical...I hope some day he can reach out and grab me like Ross and Max. As for ice dance, well, I am glad
I dont have to judge first and second! Doing some counting of seats again...as for warm bodies in seats and standing, that I could physically see, I would say 1,000-1500. So far, a financially challaged skate fan could have purchased a low buck package and easily have moved into the first five rows. I have an aisle seat in the secoond row near the kiss and cry and am sitting with two delightfully beautiful polite young ladies. Unfortunately, there are two drunk old broads sitting behind us laughing and running their motor mouths during performances. I had to turn around and ask them to please be quiet for Max and Adam's performance. That stiffled them. Oh, and the USFS provided us members with a nice quiet lounge with soft sofas for getting away from the masses....that was nice....

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
How Cool was today! Still cant stop smiling....lots of people in the stands, Great pairs event.., scored fairly. AND... SINCE I LOVE the SHIBS... Finally...GOLD
I feel bad for Mariah Bell but the outcome of the ladies was just fine...Mirai got a medal, Polina was beautiful and graceful, and Gracie won!!!!!!
So happy for Mirai....Hope she shows up to the FOFS breakfast tomarrow morning so I can get a pic with her....
Having fun, wish you all were here....

doze

On the Ice
Meryl was 3 ft away from me. I should have gotten a photo with her but I didn't want to bother her. Adam and Sean walked right past me and i looked at them and smiled and one of their coaches looked at me as if she knew that I just saw who I saw.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Thanks Coyote for taking time to report. The last three competitions must have been awesome to watch live. I hope men's free skate will be as enjoyable to you and that you will write something about it.

Good luck with the Mirai pic :) What is FOFS???

Scrufflet

Final Flight
What a weekend! Zipping back and forth between Canadian and U.S. Nationals. Hard to get meals in! Speaking of which, Friday I had a Doris Pulaski recipe and Sat. was a Coyote Chris! Sounds like attendees in both countries are really enjoying their experiences. Wish I could be there to share in it. Keep the reports coming!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks Coyote for taking time to report. The last three competitions must have been awesome to watch live. I hope men's free skate will be as enjoyable to you and that you will write something about it.

Good luck with the Mirai pic :) What is FOFS???

I don't mean to speak for Chris, but I believe he is referring to the Friends of Figure Skating, which is one of the "rewards" if you will, for donating your hard earned dollars to help skaters through the USFS. I am not a member, but that's my understanding.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I don't mean to speak for Chris, but I believe he is referring to the Friends of Figure Skating, which is one of the "rewards" if you will, for donating your hard earned dollars to help skaters through the USFS. I am not a member, but that's my understanding.

Correct. Correct. For my $100 or so donation I get a tax deduction, the knowlege that my money goes to help young skaters, a calander, the magazine, three breakfasts with the skaters
maybe four....and first dibs on seats at events. Today at the breakfast, I got to talk with Gracie for three or four minutes, got my pic taken with my adopted grand daughters, Hanna and
and Mariah, got a pic with Polina who was nice enough to let me get just the right one....and finally got my pic with Mirai, DESPITE THE PHOTOBOMBING BY ICE DANCERS WHO WILL
REMAIN NAMELESS UNTILL YOU SEE THE PIC...And at our table we had ice dancers that train at the USAF Acadamy in Colorado Springs who were delightful to listen to. (Manta
and Johnson). All the skaters who showed up, there were many, and you will see pics of them, sang happy Birthday to an institution at nats, "Bella Della"
I call that a bargin....
(All spelling is self inflicted...must go pack)

ozmodiar

On the Ice
Correct. Correct. For my $100 or so donation I get a tax deduction, the knowlege that my money goes to help young skaters, a calander, the magazine, three breakfasts with the skaters
maybe four....and first dibs on seats at events. Today at the breakfast, I got to talk with Gracie for three or four minutes, got my pic taken with my adopted grand daughters, Hanna and
and Mariah, got a pic with Polina who was nice enough to let me get just the right one....and finally got my pic with Mirai, DESPITE THE PHOTOBOMBING BY ICE DANCERS WHO WILL
REMAIN NAMELESS UNTILL YOU SEE THE PIC...And at our table we had ice dancers that train at the USAF Acadamy in Colorado Springs who were delightful to listen to. (Manta
and Johnson). All the skaters who showed up, there were many, and you will see pics of them, sang happy Birthday to an institution at nats, "Bella Della"
I call that a bargin....
(All spelling is self inflicted...must go pack)

Haha, I'd really like to see that photo! It sounds like you had such fun!