On Site Reports @ US 2016 Nats | Golden Skate

On Site Reports @ US 2016 Nats

Interspectator

Record Breaker
If you are watching the practices or any of the competition in person, please feel free to share your stories with us on this thread.
Who is doing well?
Who is standing out?
What are you eating at the venue?
:popcorn:

Spill the beans and let the cats out of the bag! :laugh:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
^She looks elegant enough at the age of 15.

If Vivian hadn't tried putting a tano to her first 3z at the JGP held in Colorado Springs, she would've advanced to JGPF and gotten more attention from people (for better funding too).

Last edited:

mrrice

Record Breaker
I've never seen Vivian Le live, but from the fan cam angle, she's flying across the ice. She looks to be Kostner fast without the elegance. Very excited about the prospect of this girl.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgRfUJMTzM8

OMG.......Genie In Bottle. I have choreographed to that song and it really is good choice for a young skater. It has easy to follow, medium speed tempo that can really help a young feel the beat even when they're nervous. It's great for footwork and has a built in theme that's easy to understand and best of all, The costume can be made to look expensive for a relatively low price. Is that her actual SP?

FlattFan

Match Penalty
OMG.......Genie In Bottle. I have choreographed to that song and it really is good choice for a young skater. It has easy to follow, medium speed tempo that can really help a young feel the beat even when they're nervous. It's great for footwork and has a built in theme that's easy to understand and best of all, The costume can be made to look expensive for a relatively low price. Is that her actual SP?

I think her SP and LP for this year are set. Looks like an exhibition piece.
I'm just excited that US ladies will have a big jumper who isfast and gets good PCS compare to her international peers. A diamond in the rough.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Doesn't Vivian not have all her triples yet though? I read somewhere she didn't have the loop or salchow.

humbaba

Final Flight
Vivian did all the triples at sectionals in November. The loop and salchow weren't exemplars, but they were rotated and she landed on her feet. Both jumps were an improvement over what I've seen from Vivian in the past.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Vivian did all the triples at sectionals in November. The loop and salchow weren't exemplars, but they were rotated and she landed on her feet. Both jumps were an improvement over what I've seen from Vivian in the past.

http://www.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2016/18514/results.html

Yup, she landed 7 triples LP, but most are with negative GOE.
Her TES in the SP was huge. 40+. Non-jumps were all level 4 in both SP and LP. Should win Junior championship easily.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
PaulE and his lovely wife and I had dinner tonight. Killer day tomarrow so gonna skip tonight....if you watch the jr. ladies short, we were sitting together near the ice at the end opposite of the K and C. Paul is wearing his official golden skate yellow ballcap. Having , wish you were here...have not seen MFarone yet, but have seen some lurkers...

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
No food here...security is metal detectors and a quick bag search. Plenty of bathrooms and a water fountain. Esspresso stand from last time is gone... :(

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
E. Chan! :clap: 350 people showed up! 3 Sarah Brightman tunes! Two Les Mis! Dueling Missions! Saw MFarone. Burger Moes DOES have excellentt burgers and 80 beers. You could buy a hot dog on site! Gracie looked great....Ashley not so much....Mirai looked good too...Liffeys is a great place to eat and self medicate. We are promised food tomarrow. No blood on the ice today:hap85: