2015 US Nationals Jr Ice Dance FD | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2015 US Nationals Jr Ice Dance FD

Sirene

Spectator
Honestly,IMO, with all of the falls last night in the Ladies SP (maybe 19 out of 22 programs?) and the ridiculous number of balance checks plus a few falls in the Ice Dance LP I would start to suspect that the ice temperature is a few degrees too low for figure skating.

Ekm

On the Ice
There have been a lot of complaints about the shallow talent pool in other disciplines, but in ice dance it is ridiculous in the opposite way, there is almost too much talented and a lot of great teams (or potentailly great ones) are getting a bit lost in the shuffle. I'm sure almost every other country would be happy to have even Lewis and Bye who were a distant 6th here. Crazy!

skatemd1

On the Ice
Yes, very fast and Parsons are just as fast too, their training must really emphasize that. I thought both of these programs were amazing at nationals and clearly the world's two best Junior teams at the moment. Loved watching Michael & Rachel's free dance (and short) in particular. That tango was smokin! I think they set a new record in Jr. free dance at nationals, only to have M/C break it again a few minutes later. The two Washington teams are pushing each other to raise the bar. Good to see them both keep doing it! Almost flawless this week.