Misha Ge out with Injury from 4CC | Golden Skate

Misha Ge out with Injury from 4CC

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh dear, I just saw this and posted elsewhere.

Another injury from practicing quads! How many artists will be hurt, how many lovely programs we will be unable to watch? Oh Misha:sad21:

Heal well, and come back to the ice soon!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I will miss his performance at 4ccs so much. Please heal well (and soon) Misha!

mrrice

Record Breaker
Mishaaaaaaaa :sad21: My Baby......If this happened training a quad ( Which I hope it didn't ) it will really break my heart. Get well soon Misha. Joshua and Misha have been very exciting for me to see develop and it's sad to see their seasons derailed by injury.

Last edited:

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
Mishaaaaaaaa :sad21: My Baby......If this happened training a quad ( Which I hope it didn't ) it will really breaks my heart. Get well soon Misha. Joshua and Misha have been very exciting for me to see develop and it's sad to see their seasons derailed by injury.

if you read his post it does say it was because of training the quad. Anyway wishing him a speedy recovery, he will be much missed at 4CC.

MIM

Medalist
Sigh.... It is so sad to know he is in so much pain. How many of artists need to suffer...
4CC without Misha. :sad21:
Get well Misha and take good care of your body:)

HanDomi

Record Breaker
And Skater Boy too:( So sad Yay Hanyu but like in pairs with Duhamel and Radford it seems like one giant step for skating is also one or two back.

I don't get it. If it's too much stress on the body of one skater than HE shouldn't practice it. If Hanyu or Jin or Fernandez or anyone can train many quads and don't get injuired than it is possible, and it's not quad fault itself but skater/coach who are pushing it over the limit of this skater.
Some skaters can't handle training too many triples. Everyone has their body limits on diffrent level.

Last edited:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I don't get it. If it's too much stress on the body of one skater than HE shouldn't practice it. If Hanyu or Jin or Fernandez or anyone can train many quads and don't get injuired than it is possible, and it's not quad fault itself but skater/coach who are pushing it over the limit of this skater.
Some skaters can't handle training too many triples. Everyone has their body limits on diffrent level.

It's something that each skater needs to think about and make their own personal decision.
Yuzu and Fernandez and Jin have all probably had injuries while learning their quads but they were willing to go through that to learn the skill.
Same for the triple and double jumps. Yuzu described getting a bad concussion when learning the 3A...for some, that would be the END, no more training the 3A. But it was his personal decision to go on training it after he recovered. each athlete must decide for themselves how far they are willing to push to learn new skills.

I wish a swift and complete recovery for Misha and will respect whatever he decides to bring on the ice in the future. I just want to watch him skate, or dance.
:hap10:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
awful season
all my favs get injured:bang::sad21::sad4:

CAn he be OK for Worlds?????

Skye

On the Ice
4CC will not be the same without Misha. :( Sad to know that he is in so much pain. I do hope he can get better with time and rest.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Noooooooooo Misha!!!! :sad4::sad4::sad4:

I'm so sorry to hear that he is injured, he's always entertaining and such a sweet guy. Hopefully he'll recover from this as soon as possible and heal fully! He'll be missed so much.

Yes. I'm sorry that Misha's injury is turning into another groundwork for continued quad debate. Honestly, we have so much skaters regularly injuring themselves doing easier jumps too, or even during spins or footwork. Do we hear big outcries to ban any of these elements? Skaters are and should be free to decide if they want to try and go for the quads or not - if they decide the risk is to big for them, then that's fine. There is still much else a skater can give to this sport. (Although I honestly think some reporters need to tone it down big time, for example every time at US nationals). Nobody is standing there forcing any of them to train be big, bad quad.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
training quads doesn't have the same effect on everyone. Some with very slender bodies will not suffer as much as there is less stress on their articulations. This is why Patrick has been saying this all year, since his come back. He is taking his time with upping his content exactly because he doesn't want to get injured.
I read some of the posts here, saying oh well, if it stresses him out, he shouldn't do it... too bad... well... Patrick is like that, he has nothing to prove... but Brown, Ge and others are young and aspiring contenders and really hope to get on the podium one day... they do not have much of a choice in the current circumstances. They need quads... So when you consider that Brown and Ge will be out of WC because of training injuries, do you agree now that some of the artistic skating is going down the drain? Then answer is obvious to me... It's not because we have 3-4 AMAZING skaters that can combine all of it that the rest of the crop can.... it is a very serious warning.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
training quads doesn't have the same effect on everyone. Some with very slender bodies will not suffer as much as there is less stress on their articulations. This is why Patrick has been saying this all year, since his come back. He is taking his time with upping his content exactly because he doesn't want to get injured.
I read some of the posts here, saying oh well, if it stresses him out, he shouldn't do it... too bad... well... Patrick is like that, he has nothing to prove... but Brown, Ge and others are young and aspiring contenders and really hope to get on the podium one day... they do not have much of a choice in the current circumstances. They need quads... So when you consider that Brown and Ge will be out of WC because of training injuries, do you agree now that some of the artistic skating is going down the drain? Then answer is obvious to me... It's not because we have 3-4 AMAZING skaters that can combine all of it that the rest of the crop can.... it is a very serious warning.

Really, you need to use Misha's injury as an excuse to prop up Patrick's divisive comments?

HanDomi

Record Breaker

No, I don't agree. They want to be on podium, but maybe podium is not simply for them skills wise and they have to deal with that
Those are on the podium who can do MORE and BETTER. That's why they are there where they are., that's why Hanyu is setting records because he can do things others can't etc
This is SPORT. That's what's all about

And if they want anyway to push over theirs limit. Well, it's their choice and they have to deal with results of that. As simple as that

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
OMG... nope... you guys are using Patrick's comments to belittle him, and I am saying that he is right. Misha's injury is another proof of it... a result of quad training... I am certainly not using it in any other way other than saying that what some people blame Chan for is actually quite sensible speaking. He is himself saying that he is suffering from his own quad training, which he is doing gradually and he is someone who acquired it when he was really young. Perspective is useful here... he talks with the experience of having done it and being an older broader skater... I think that's sensible and accurate.

Really, you need to use Misha's injury as an excuse to prop up Patrick's divisive comments?

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
No, I don't agree. They want to be on podium, but maybe podium is not simply for them skills wise and they have to deal with that
Those are on the podium who can do MORE and BETTER. That's why they are there where they are., that's why Hanyu is setting records because he can do things others can't etc
This is SPORT. That's what's all about

And if they want anyway to push over theirs limit. Well, it's their choice and they have to deal with results of that. As simple as that

ermmm okay.... and that's why in some sports, when they realize it's becoming too dangerous, the federations amend the rules. There's for instance, a huge switch in minor league hockey to avoid concussions... and a great debate at the NHL level... still on going... rules are changing... security of athletes is a priority... Ski is adapting too... it's not because a skier rules the hills that the federation will risk losing others crashing.

Time will tell, but this doesn't surprise me... the quad was around over 25 years ago... very few owned it... it was a big deal... until this year where they are popping from everywhere and seem suddenly "common".... it's like if next year, 15 women were attempting multiple triple axels. and falling on their faces.... sometimes, development in a sport is going too fast for the awareness in body and its training. I don't need to engage in a debate, my arguments are clear.

Interspectator

Record Breaker

Actually, if Patrick had been straightforward and said 'I'm not going to train quads because of the risk of injury' then I'd have agreed with him wholeheartedly, and thought, 'good for him for sticking to his guns.'
But I just went back and read the CBC article and injury was NOT mentioned as the main reason he thought quads were becoming 'ridiculous' so his statements do not have anything to do with Misha.

Did anyone call Patrick's skating ridiculous when he was trying to put 2 quads in his programs for the first time? I hope not.
He did fall quite a bit on his way to perfecting the 2 quads he has in his long program and we didn't hear a peep from him during that time about how quads were 'getting ridiculous ' only now that several of the field have surpassed him do we hear this argument. Health reasons, I agree with; lowering skating as a whole? Nope.

If Misha and Jason and Joshua decide that the price of attaining a quad is too high then I think they should be proud of how far they've pushed the sport artistically. There's nothing wrong with that.

Last edited: