2016-17 Splits & Partner Changes | Golden Skate

2016-17 Splits & Partner Changes

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
This thread was really missed during the 2015-16 season, so I thought I would get a new one underway now.

And, unfortunately, it is starting with the break-up of the new partnership that took the Ice Dance world by storm in the 2015-16 season.

Kavita LORENZ / Panagiotis POLIZOAKIS, DEU

Statement from Kavita:

Dear friends and supporters,
Unfortunately I have to announce that the Ice Dance partnership between Joti and me has been ended.
I would like to thank my family, coaches, friends and sponsors for such an incredible year.
Thank you for your emotional support,and for believing in us.
Throughout this year I have learned a lot and I am grateful for every moment. It was an amazing experience I will never forget.
Although my partnership with Panagiotis Polizoakis has ended , I will not give up my dream. I am now looking for a new Ice Dance partner to be able to continue my journey.

Thank you,
Kavita

Source: https://www.facebook.com/kavita.lorenz/posts/1294267683918621

Such a shame. With how well they were doing so early into their partnership, especially with Joti being completely new to Ice Dance, I was expecting great things from them.

I wish them both all the best for the future.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :(

Edit: they were fine. Very 'alive' and charismatic male partner and cute female partner. I liked their free dance this season.

Last edited:

Skye

On the Ice
:sad4::sad4::sad4::sad4::sad4:

I do hope Joti finds another partner and continues in Ice Dance as well.

angecinth

Rinkside
Maybe the partner-switching between yu xiaoyu/ Jin yang & peng cheng/Zheng hao is close to confirmation, someone said that yu and zhang have been training together for days

paircheck

Final Flight
ooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

why??????

german newspapers mentioned private issues?

NO love affair!!!
joti is gay and is in a relationship with jhonny weir s ex victor voronov ...

ahhhhhhhh why to helllll

Eisfee

On the Ice
ooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

why??????

NO love affair!!!

ahhhhhhhh why to helllll

I`ve read that too. They have split because of private reasons. No further versions. It`s a pity and really sad!

tulosai

Record Breaker
I saw this in their fan fest first and can only say I'm really disappointed. For a first year team, one of whom had literally NO ice dance experience, they were doing extremely well. I do think that if it's due to personal issues, depending on the specific issues and the magnitude of them it could be for the best, though... at the end of the day you need to skate with this person literally holding you for multiple hours a day almost every day and if you're not comfortable for whatever reason the situation isn't going to be healthy.

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland

why??????

NO love affair!!!

ahhhhhhhh why to helllll

What? :eeking:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
OK, so seeing as they don't have a Fan Fest, this seemed the most appropriate thread to post this in.

After announcing at the end of August 2015 that they were splitting, Carolina Moscheni and Ádám Lukács (HUN) announced at the end of March 2016 that they are re-uniting!!! :cheer: :clap: :points:

The newest announcement is so cute! :love:

The GS Member who tipped me off that they had returned said that they were now working with Marina Zueva. So, if this is correct, it could be interesting.

Incidentally, last Friday Carolina tagged herself and Ádám as being in Detroit.

I really liked them the first time round, so hopefully this second time round will be even better! :biggrin:

All the best Carolina and Ádám!

CaroLiza_fan

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
MOSCHENI / LUKACZ were very successful as juniors, having won a bronze medal in the JGP. They were 15th at 2015 Euros, 9th at 2015 JW, and 18th at 2015 Worlds. It looked as if they had nowhere to go but up, and then they split.

So glad to hear they are back together!

Giselle

Medalist
Wow just learned the LORENZ/POLIZOAKIS split, what a shame! They were so great in their first season together :(
So we know that Kavita wants to continue skating, what about Joti?

I wish Kavita all the best in finding a new partner, she's still only 20. She'll probably have to go international but the timing (1 season before the Olympic season) is not ideal at all. Sara Hurtado still doesn't have a partner AFAIK.
It's a shame that Stefano Caruso and Neil Brown retired.

BCMOM

Spectator
Country
Canada
Anybody know what's happening in Canada with splits, retirements, particularly on the Senior level? I would imagine that there were some shake-ups and fallout from V/M's announcement to return?

Giselle

Medalist
Anybody know what's happening in Canada with splits, retirements, particularly on the Senior level? I would imagine that there were some shake-ups and fallout from V/M's announcement to return?

From what I've seen on social media so far nobody has split or retired. I think the big wave of splits/retirements will come in 2018.

It's getting very crowded in Canada with Virtue & Moir and Weaver & Poje at the top, there's probably only 1 spot open for the World/Olympic team. And I'm not sure that the 3rd spot is that open considering Gilles & Poirier's international results this quad.

I was expecting a few coaching change from the Canadian Ice Dance teams since many are competing for the same spot but so far no news, so I guess they'd rather have the internal competition.

Dubreuil/Lauzon/Haguenauer:
Tessa Virtue / Scott Moir
Élisabeth Paradis / François-Xavier Ouellette
Alexandra Paul / Mitchell Islam

Lane/Razgulajevs:
Piper Gilles / Paul Poirier
Nicole Orford / Asher Hill
Mackenzie Bent / Dmitre Razgulajevs (she aged out of Juniors)

Kaitlyn Weaver / Andrew Poje are with Camerlengo/Krylova.
Madeline Edwards & Zhao Kai Pang with Wing/Lowe (the had to sit out of this season because of injury but hopefully they'll be back this year).

Hopefully all of these 8 teams can get decent international assignments!

Giselle

Medalist
Marc Andre and Andy retired, Brianna Del Maestro and Tim Lum split,

Thanks for the info. I didn't know about the Del maestro/Lum split. I hope they'll both continue skating.

Soucisse/Tanguay (8th at Cd nats) split too. Simon Tanguay retired. I think Carolane Soucisse is looking to continue.
Meng/Meng (3rd at Jr Nats) also split. Melinda Meng is looking for a new partner and Andrew Meng retired.

sarama

Medalist
Brianna Del Maestro and Tim Lum split,

:sad4: I liked them so much....Realistically, I always knew their faith was doomed, but still I am so sad to hear this.... cruel figure skating world

I don't know how much this is relevant, but according to neveitalia basically almost all Italian ice dance teams have split or are on the verge of doing so (minis Cappellini/Lanotte and Guignard/Fabbri of course).... let's see what will happen there, right now it's kind of a very messy situation:slink:

Last edited: