2023-24 Retirements, Splits and New Partnerships | Page 20 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Retirements, Splits and New Partnerships

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Chloe Panetta/Flavien Giniaux are a new pairs team. They'll be representing France with Bruno Massot and Bruno Marcotte as coaches.
I've been hearing rumours about them partnering up for a while now, so nice to see that they finally confirmed it.

That being said, I am not sure what the future holds for them. Skate Canada has been reluctant to let their skaters go recently, and Chloe's jumps are weaker than what Flavien was used to with Oxana. Still, good luck to them 🤗

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I've been hearing rumours about them partnering up for a while now, so nice to see that they finally confirmed it.

That being said, I am not sure what the future holds for them. Skate Canada has been reluctant to let their skaters go recently, and Chloe's jumps are weaker than what Flavien was used to with Oxana. Still, good luck to them 🤗
I think Skate Canada clarified their policy and it's just about following those guidelines. I think for a skater like Chloé who skated at JWC it means two years to get a release. Does the 2 years start now or does it start when she last skated internationally ? That's the question I don't know the answer for... Or did Skate Canada changed their guidelines again ? In any case, Chloé didn't compete at all last year... will that simplify things for her ? As you have pointed out, the biggest worries may be jumps, not the Fed's release.

Also the instagram says

We are pleased to present the new couple who will represent ACSEL and France next season​

.. If the deal is not secured, wouldn't the language be different ?

saine

Medalist
Country
Canada

I'm wondering if Skate Canada is changing their attitude after Soucisse/Firus. Corey talked about how he'd be competing a lot next season on the Anything GOEs World's recap and was going over his plans with FISG for it. He'd have to be released in order to start making those plans.

Plus if Skate Canada is going to propose reforming the release rules to make it easier for skaters for the ISU Congress, it'd look silly for them to keep to the rules they wanted for Sourcisse/Firus.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Chloe Panetta/Flavien Giniaux are a new pairs team. They'll be representing France with Bruno Massot and Bruno Marcotte as coaches.
Wow, I'm happy for Chloe. I hope this works out for her. ✨

ETA: I wonder if they will train in France with Bruno Massot and get additional help from BMarcotte via Zoom or Facetime? Will Julie Marcotte choreograph? Are they both still junior eligible, or are moving to senior?

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Wow, I'm happy for Chloe. I hope this works out for her. ✨

ETA: I wonder if they will train in France with Bruno Massot and get additional help from BMarcotte via Zoom or Facetime? Will Julie Marcotte choreograph? Are they both still junior eligible, or are moving to senior?
I wonder the opposite :) Seems to me like it will be 50-50. Chloe is no longer junior eligible. That's why her partnership with Kieran Trasher ended in the first place.