2016 JGP Ljubljana Entries | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2016 JGP Ljubljana Entries

stryke

On the Ice
This line-up just got even more interesting with Zagitova proving she can be a major threat to the top performing Juniors of last season.

hanca

Record Breaker
Three pairs events are already allocated and Sokur/Pleshkov don't have their spot yet. I am quite surprised by that. By the end of the last season they scored 150 in domestic competition. I would think the Russian federation would rely on them more than on new couples from whom they don't know what to expect. Especially the newly created couples. It is interesting to see new couples, but why is a couple that was getting reasonably decent being left behind? Did they have bad test skates?

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Finally Vivian! :yahoo: Nicolas Nadeau, Kevin Aymoz and Se Jong Byun too! So good :hap10:

Why the heck is the USFSA waiting till the next to last event for Vivian to skate? Is she even going to have two events to allow her to try to qualify for the JGF final? These picks are underwhelming to say the least.

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Team Tutberidze vs Team Hamada! Both of them are very successful coaches indeed.

lynnems

Rinkside
The US really ought to flip Hiwatashi and Krasnozhon here so that Alexei has a better path to the final. Tallinn is a much deeper mens field.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just in case any of you missed my post in the Team Cyprus Fan Fest last night, Daniella Vanessa Ipsarides will be making her Junior Grand Prix debut here!!!

:cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points:

Daniella will be the first "native" skater to represent Cyprus at an ISU competition (the previous skaters to represent Cyprus were both Russian born - Kristina Dubrovskaya from Moscow and Polina Ustinova from Ekaterinburg).

Incidentally, Polina U is down as a substitute here. But she is due to compete at the previous week's Junior GP, the Cup of Mordovia.

:cheer: ALL THE BEST DANIELLA!!!!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
It's not updated on the ISU Entries page (or added to the USFS International Assignments page yet) but the JGP Standings list shows Ashley Lin now assigned here in Slovenia instead of Vivian Le.

Given that Vivian competed the SP at Golden West and then withdrew from the FS, I really do think she's dealing with an injury issue.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Dmitri Aliev will replace Artem Kovalev here. He was supposed to compete in Tallinn but Krasnozhon and Zhou will both be there, so maybe they didn't want to risk it.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Alisa Lozko is here instead of Polina Tsurskaya now that Russia is (seemingly) done playing musical chairs with their assignments.

sneakers

Match Penalty
Alisa Lozko is here instead of Polina Tsurskaya now that Russia is (seemingly) done playing musical chairs with their assignments.

I prefer Sofia Samodurova, Alisa has some UR issues, Sofia can score higher and can upset for a silver if any of the top 3 falters.

skatelikewind1966

On the Ice
It's not updated on the ISU Entries page (or added to the USFS International Assignments page yet) but the JGP Standings list shows Ashley Lin now assigned here in Slovenia instead of Vivian Le.

It certainly looks like Lin will get her JGP debut, Le appears to have been used as a "marker" for the event.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
USFS' assignment postings, which are considered official, show William Hubbart listed to make his JGP debut here in Slovenia. He also competes pairs (currently Novice) with his younger sister JoJo.

lynnems

Rinkside
Dmitri Aliev will replace Artem Kovalev here. He was supposed to compete in Tallinn but Krasnozhon and Zhou will both be there, so maybe they didn't want to risk it.

And now, Krasnozhon is here too . . . but from a US point of view, they couldn't have him go head to head with Zhou

pororocheburashka

On the Ice
Not opening a new thread :biggrin:
Tickets are 5 EUR x day.
You buy them at the venue only. This is not Japan :)love: Japan attendance).

Last edited:

sailormoon

On the Ice
Country
Japan
Polina Tsurskaya was replaced with Alisa Lozko, which leaves Alina Zagitova who scored 194.37 points in the previous competition as Marin Honda's true rival. If Marin scores her personal best in both programs, her total score would be close to 194. A tight race is expected between Marin and Alina, who are well above the rest of the field.

Last edited:

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Polina Tsurskaya was replaced with Alisa Lozko, which leaves Alina Zagitova who scored 194.37 points in the previous competition as Marin Honda's true rival. If Marin scores her personal best in both programs, her total score would be close to 194. A tight race is expected between Marin and Alina, who are well above the rest of the field.

Hey, nice nickname! :biggrin:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Here is another girl named Ashley from the US. Lin is unlikely to be a podium contender at this time, but reminds me of Christina Gao. Her FS music is Liza T.'s FS music in 2014-15, so I enjoyed watching her performance at 2016 Glacier Falls. By the way, I'm wondering about how serious Ashley Kim's injury is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jwxg-4_B9k8 SP I love her blingy dress
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmi50O86uPE FS sandstorm

lavoix

Match Penalty
What's Tsurskaya next assignment?

If Lozko gets bronze here, does she have a legitimate shot at the Grand Prix final?