Alina Zagitova

Hannah555

Ava artwork by talented ShampooNeko
Final Flight
She looks amazing! Now it's even harder to wait for the test skates :clap:

Sam L

Medalist
She looks amazing huh...

I know Alina was live on Instagram just a few days ago, does anyone know what that was about? I missed it.

AKTKN

Rinkside
She was going home after taking photo for her Schengen visa and stopped in the park to chat with friends. It was her day off.
Some random pieces:
- Usually (at days off) i walk with Diana (Davis?) or lie on a coach watching serials.
- This was my classmate but he was like: "who are you, girl?" when i greet him.
- Who doesn't love to eat?
- I have a scooter, but i want electrical one, because i'm lazy.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I noticed some Youtube videos of Diana skating, and with Alina eating ice cream perhaps. I reaction was, Diana looks very much like Eteri, especially her eyes and nose.
Checked on Wikipedia, and yes, Eteri's daughter is Diana. It's not that I am particularly interested in Eteri's private life, but I didn't know her daughter was born in Las Vegas. But does it mean Eteri was (or is) married to some American dude named Davis?
Again, it's not something where I really put my interest....

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

:laugh:

The funniest bit was how the makers of the video approached Diana's slot. Diana has an English name, but this video is for a Russian audience. So, what do they do? They transliterate her real name into Cyrillic characters, but then give her nickname in English (the only nickname that wasn't written in Cyrillic)! :palmf:

I just wish that there had been a translation of the whole thing so that those of us that can't read Cyrillic knew what the nicknames of the other skaters were. Some are obvious or at least can be worked out (why on Earth are Sasha Boikova and Maria Sotskova referred to as ugly Star Wars characters?!); but others are not (such as the skater that this Fan Fest is dedicated to).

(By the way, the long comment somebody posted below the video is not a list of the nicknames in the video - it is listing nicknames of foreign skaters. But, I don't think this user is giving real nicknames. Let's just say that some of the "nicknames" are at best not very complimentary, and at worst offensive... :eek: )

CaroLiza_fan

tars

Record Breaker
- This was my classmate but he was like: "who are you, girl?" when i greet him.
Boys from her class don't recognize the junior world champion, world record holder and one of the cutest figure skaters, can you imagine?
If she gets Olympic medal, they're gonna be in quite a shock, I guess! :p

Ender

Match Penalty
Boys from her class don't recognize the junior world champion, world record holder and one of the cutest figure skaters, can you imagine?
If she gets Olympic medal, they're gonna be in quite a shock, I guess! :p
I think it's better that they treat her normally, like she isn't someone special. It's less pressure and less stressful. That's where she becomes strong and doesn't become spoiled.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I can do it, but this thread doesn't look like a proper place for it.

Thank you for your kind offer. I for one would like it.

I agree that this isn't the place. So, how about putting the translation into a dedicated "Skaters' Nicknames" thread in The Edge?

We had a similar thread back in the 2011-12 season, so it could work again now. And it would be interesting to bring together the nicknames of what is mostly a different cast of skaters to what we had back then.

Although, that thread did drift about a bit... :p

CaroLiza_fan

AKTKN

Rinkside
I think it's better that they treat her normally, like she isn't someone special. It's less pressure and less stressful. That's where she becomes strong and doesn't become spoiled.

If your classmates are ignoring you for two years in a row - it is hardly normal.

Ender

Match Penalty
If your classmates are ignoring you for two years in a row - it is hardly normal.
But isn't she not always at school? I hardly remember my classmates, not to mention they're not at school often.