Alina Zagitova | Page 890 | Golden Skate

Alina Zagitova

Fluture

Record Breaker
Lol at this point i hope Alina keeps her programs a secret, i don’t like people, “fans” being so entitled to know everything, like she owes them to stay in sport, to learn a quad, to be always first...it can add pressure on her, knowing that she reads comments on her and teamZ Instagram.

Alina doesn‘t have to do anything, she doesn‘t “owe“ anyone. If she wants to keep her programs a secret, sure why not? It‘s her decision and it will surely create some more suspense. But she liked to announce programs in the past so I don‘t see why she wouldn‘t now. I imagine she went right back to training and is working hard at the moment. If she wants to share anything about this process, I‘m sure a lot would be happy about it. She obviously doesn‘t have to. And if she wants to learn a quad - also great. But it’s not like she “needs“ it. She‘s still very much competitive without it and if she doesn‘t win all the time it‘s no big deal either. In the end she‘s the only one who can and should decide what to do.

We’ll see anyway what she chooses. Tomorrow we‘ll find out about GP assignments. Normally, I‘d say Alina would pick Rostelecom and NHK. But since they are back to back events, I guess she‘ll only do Rostelecom for sure. Then maybe Skate America? She was never there, I believe, could be a cool experience.

lusk8

Record Breaker
I am OBSESSED with music from this clip! :drama: Does anybody know what song is it? I cannot find it anywhere, is it just FAOI music?

I tried Shazam on your behalf but seems the clip is too short.

Sounds like something Daft Punk would make. If it is someone else’s show program I hope we get to hear it, it’s a cool song.

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
I tried Shazam on your behalf but seems the clip is too short.

Sounds like something Daft Punk would make. If it is someone else’s show program I hope we get to hear it, it’s a cool song.

I tried SoundHound but also nothing came up unfortunately :(

Noreg16

On the Ice
we‘ll find out about GP assignments. Normally, I‘d say Alina would pick Rostelecom and NHK. But since they are back to back events, I guess she‘ll only do Rostelecom for sure. Then maybe Skate America? She was never there, I believe, could be a cool experience.
Alina doesn’t decide anything, coaches do. yes, rostelecom 98% As for NHK no way, its home gp for Japan they ll put Kihira there and no one chooses to meet strongest competition before gpf. I’d say she is going to france 70% or china 30% in November because USA/Canada(also Alina didn’t feel well there) are in October and they don’t want to rush her again, plus she has less time to prepare programs than last year, BUT Eteri has 3-4 other “kids” competing and she needs to think what is best for them too, so we don’t really know what is gonna happen coz we don’t know who is gonna be ET’s real priority this season (most obvious - Trusova) since we cant have Eliza, Alina and EM in one event, then Russia and ET don’t want TSK to meet Alina or EM or Liza Tuk ...or Kihira ...it’s a mess so maybe thar way Alina will go to USa as she wanted

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Alina being nervous during 'Direct Line with Putin'
wants to ask him if it would be possible to host an FS WC in Russia anytime soon (they should've let her train instead of dragging her to that show :rolleye:)

I don't think she needs to be "dragged" into a wish that FS world championship would take place in Russia. After all, there were only three FS world championships in Russia so far, one in 1908 :)

Mawwerg

Final Flight
I don't think she needs to be "dragged" into a wish that FS world championship would take place in Russia. After all, there were only three FS world championships in Russia so far, one in 1908 :)

Wiki says there were five Worlds in Russia.

1896 - St.Petersburg
1903 - St.Petersburg
1914 - Helsinki
2005 - Moscow
2011 - Moscow

However three of them were in times of Russian Empire, and in 2011 it was relocated from Tokyo due to earthquakes and following problems.

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist

That's a perfectly normal wish for a professional skater, especially knowing that everyone is thinking that since Russia has managed to organize THE best football world championship IN HISTORY, organizing a FS WC would be just peanuts in comparison. What I was talking about was that she doesn't need to be dragged into any political shows, that's all. Leave that to Tarasova and other Russian skating functionaries-celebrities.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Wiki says there were five Worlds in Russia.

1896 - St.Petersburg
1903 - St.Petersburg
1914 - Helsinki
2005 - Moscow
2011 - Moscow

However three of them were in times of Russian Empire, and in 2011 it was relocated from Tokyo due to earthquakes and following problems.

Well, it is even more difficult. During the old times the championships for different disciplines took place in different locations. 1908 was pair championship in St. Petersburg, while men were in Troppau (Austro-Hungary), 1896, 1903 and 1914 were also men's competitions (1896 and 1903 there were no pair chapionships yet, 1914 pairs championship took place in St. Moriz).

Let's simplify it that during the modern era there were only two world championships in Russia, 2005 and 2011.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
That's a perfectly normal wish for a professional skater, especially knowing that everyone is thinking that since Russia has managed to organize THE best football world championship IN HISTORY, organizing a FS WC would be just peanuts in comparison. What I was talking about was that she doesn't need to be dragged into any political shows, that's all. Leave that to Tarasova and other Russian skating functionaries-celebrities.

Well, Alina obviously is a person people can trust, apart from somebody like Tatiana Anatolyevna :)

paji15

On the Ice
I think Alina got really good assignments! Yea there is Rika in Japan, but she loves Japan so I guess they put Evgenia into Russia, because Alina was there last year and Alina to Japan where is here "second home". Also seems to me like if RusFed for once give Alina a favor and put her with Alena so she will not be under enorm pressue to trying quads since the begining of the season? And give her time? What do you think guys?