2016 JGP Germany Ladies FS | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2016 JGP Germany Ladies FS

Sunny Little

On the Ice
With that costume, I never doubt that Charlotte Vandersarren would be skating to Firebird. :laugh: It kind of looks like Pogorilaya's Firebird costume.

Btw, does anyone know why Diana Nikitina withdrew?

Alex D

Record Breaker
With that costume, I never doubt that Charlotte Vandersarren would be skating to Firebird. :laugh: It kind of looks like Pogorilaya's Firebird costume.

Btw, does anyone know why Diana Nikitina withdrew?

Yes and no. She injured herself yesterday I believe, Speedy recovery!

Amanda was wonderful love that program.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
good luck Alana :love: and Hyang Mi :luv17: and everyone!!! :cheer:

Sunny Little

On the Ice
Yes and no. She injured herself yesterday I believe, Speedy recovery!

Amanda was wonderful love that program.

Wishing her a speedy recovery too. Injuries are unfortunate. We've had enough of those this JGP season.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Still TWO more ice resurfacings to go. I need to venture out for refreshments.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
not the best of skates but i agree with you Ted, Alana is special :luv17: always seems to have fun with lovely smile on her face :agree:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Oh, poor Diana...

This North Korean girl has a lot of good qualities and potential for being only 13. I'm very curious about what her training conditions are like.

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Yay, nice program from Anastasia. :clap: Some problems with the jumps, but great flow in her movements, particularly in the first half. The Russians/Ukrainians really have a knack for this style.

Alex D

Record Breaker
Yay, nice program from Anastasia. :clap: Some problems with the jumps, but great flow in her movements, particularly in the first half. The Russians/Ukrainians really have a knack for this style.

She is a very wonderful skater.

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Nina is a slavic name and Quellette has a rather french sound. Why does she look Asian? She must have an interesting genealogy.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Well Nina just blasted by her PB FS (by about 26 points!) She also made the JW minimum FS TES!

Sunny Little

On the Ice
Chiara also fought for every jumping pass. She's a great performer, and a big :agree: for lip-syncing to Lady Gaga lol.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Lea Johanna did really good! She must be very happy :)

I missed all Finlandia, so at least will watch junior ladies :)

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Wow, someone made herself happy! :luv17: :clapper:

Edit: but this was below 100? Surprising.

Last edited:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Nina is a slavic name and Quellette has a rather french sound. Why does she look Asian? She must have an interesting genealogy.

She was born in Hawaii, which has a substantial Asian-originating population.

Also, Nina doesn't sound particularly Slavic to me (though I know that's one of the primary origins) compared to other names like Anastasia and Evgenia. I could easily see parents picking a name they like the sound of, and Nina wouldn't look out of place on a young American girl. As for the last name, probably just that someone in her family has French ancestry?

Sunny Little

On the Ice
Those two songs are so mismatched and random when thrown together. :confused: But some of Shuran's jumps were nice. :)