Question about Evgenia's step sequence. | Golden Skate

Question about Evgenia's step sequence.

yasgaga

Match Penalty
Is it me or does she swing her leg on the ice a lot! Like frantically swings her legs expecially during step sequences. She also does this jogging motion to pick up speed quickly after landing a jump and coming to a halt. Do judges not see that as a reason to reduce performance, artistry, skating skill scores? None of the other female skaters do this.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Is it me or does she swing her leg on the ice a lot! Like frantically swings her legs expecially during step sequences. She also does this jogging motion to pick up speed quickly after landing a jump and coming to a halt. Do judges not see that as a reason to reduce performance, artistry, skating skill scores? None of the other female skaters do this.

How about Satoko's step sequence in which her legs are barely off the ice?

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Can you show specific examples of what you're talking about?

I'm going to assume the OP means this.....right after the twizzles.

https://youtu.be/WzOi8O0fgJ0?t=2m4s

It's like a goofy illusion spin but more of a sideways cork screw thing.

Personally the only thing that irks me is her spread eagles out of some of her jumps. They are just so poorly performed that it feels like a scam for points. I guess it's just my opinion but I think it actually detracts from her jumps. I guess that's just a personal thing that I can't get past.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker

Personally the only thing that irks me is her spread eagles out of some of her jumps. They are just so poorly performed that it feels like a scam for points. I guess it's just my opinion but I think it actually detracts from her jumps. I guess that's just a personal thing that I can't get past.

Yeah I dislike her outside spread eagles with her butt sticking out a la Caryn Kadavy.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

Oh dear, you're beyond failing at troll level.

Not only are these standard pushes that all skaters do, she hasn't even started her program here!

I have no opinion on the actual jogging thing, but yeah actually she has started her program. Yasgaga specifically said at the 2:39 mark in the video, where she's well into the program. Maybe read the whole post before you jump to imply someone is being stupid (if that wasn't what you intended, I apologize but it did come across that way).

MIM

Medalist
How about Satoko's step sequence in which her legs are barely off the ice?

Can I ask you in which part of Satoko's stsq her legs are not off the ice? She gets criticized for the elevation on her jumps, but her other elements are excellent. Did I miss a memo of you being just sarcastic?

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I have no opinion on the actual jogging thing, but yeah actually she has started her program. Yasgaga specifically said at the 2:39 mark in the video, where she's well into the program. Maybe read the whole post before you jump to imply someone is being stupid (if that wasn't what you intended, I apologize but it did come across that way).

Well I saw the tag for the proper timestamp in the link and assumed that the OP had correctly set up the link to start at the time they meant.

And yes, everyone does that sort of thing.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I like the part with the bunny hop where she goes from the step sequence into the 3L. It's my favourite part of the program and I'm not exactly sure why. Probably her making fists right on the music and that it really fits the energy level of the music. It's the only part of her choreography (SP and FS) that I really remember.

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
Yes she does swings her leg a lot. Not my cup of tea, it looks unorganised. It is just the same as flailing arms.

Not to mention her step sequence is really slow......and it looks "heavy"

It is more like a spread eagle pose rather than a real spread eagle. She almost had no speed when doing it. I wish she could not do those transitions out of her jumps. Those turns slow her down and look clumsy.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Blame Averbukh and Tutberidze

Zhenya can pull wonders (see her Ballet Russe program and her LP from 2013) but so far her packaging is uninspiring. Throwback to the days of her lovely upper body movement, relaxed arm carriage, and calm expression. She does not need plotlines, summaries, theatrics or, any unnecessary steps to win. I'm sad that her team hasn't properly cultivated her innate musical expressiveness yet.

andromache

Record Breaker
I saw this thread last night and left it alone assuming it would get deleted because it's yet another troll topic by the same troll poster trying to stir up drama.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Blame Averbukh and Tutberidze

Zhenya can pull wonders (see her Ballet Russe program and her LP from 2013) but so far her packaging is uninspiring. Throwback to the days of her lovely upper body movement, relaxed arm carriage, and calm expression. She does not need plotlines, summaries, theatrics or, any unnecessary steps to win. I'm sad that her team hasn't properly cultivated her innate musical expressiveness yet.

Looks like the same beautiful costume Zagitova is currently wearing for her Don Quijote FS. https://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=ZdukbNZ9zVQ

Last edited:

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
To answer the thread, yeah, there are some minuses to her skating and her marks are very high, but that's our judging today and not just her marks not reflect those minuses. Speaking of Zhenia, I want her to work on that and to get completely new programs for next season:)