2016-2017 Japanese Nationals Ladies SP | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2016-2017 Japanese Nationals Ladies SP

Marius

Art on Ice
Final Flight
Miyabi Oba's SP was choreographed by Miki Ando. Nice work Miyabi!

If she doesn't catch up tomorrow, I wonder if they'd leave her out from the JW team. Hope she does well in the FS.

Yes, really impressive skate from Miyabi!
I was thinking the same. Rika is not here, but she has better international results this year than Yuna and I don't know if the Japanese Federation wants to let off the team a girl that landed 8 clean triples in a program :eek:hwell: I hope Yuna can skate well tomorrow!

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
i knew Miyabi had the potential when i saw her 2 years ago, great to see her deliver clean program, her jumps look easy with very little set up:luv17: hopefully she will deliver at LP too :yahoo:

mikaboo

Medalist
Yes, really impressive skate from Miyabi!
I was thinking the same. Rika is not here, but she has better international results this year than Yuna and I don't know if the Japanese Federation wants to let off the team a girl that landed 8 clean triples in a program :eek:hwell: I hope Yuna can skate well tomorrow!

I don't think they can send RikaK because not skating at senior Nationals automatically disqualifies her. But they could still send one of the other 3 girls who are skating here but they don't have experiences at JGP so that would be concerning.

Last edited:

Marius

Art on Ice
Final Flight
I don't think they can send RikaK because not skating at senior Nationals automatically disqualifies her. But they could still send one of the other 3 girls who are skating here but they don't have experiences at JGP so that would be concerning.

Well, aniway, Yuna seemed to be on form, the 3Lz-3T was very impressive and the 3 Loop was even bigger than usual. So I am confident enough that Yuna will recover some positions in the Free :)

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Riko Takino - she's coached by Nobu and his mother!

she is the little firebird right?? i loved her!! you can see the light in her looking at slow-mo of the beginning of her program :luv17: her jump technique looks good too

Marius

Art on Ice
Final Flight
she is the little firebird right?? i loved her!! you can see the light in her looking at slow-mo of the beginning of her program :luv17: her jump technique looks good too

She has it all, good spins, good jumps and good skating skills! Hopefully she will grow in her technique as she matures :laugh:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
wow, great skate from Rika, performance was awesome and maybe its just me but she looked more composed than ever

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I could only watch this to hear Daisuke's gentle voice, calmly commenting on the Ladies, haha.

And Rika, a Shaun the Sheep fan? Could I love her more? ;)

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Satoko is as lovely as ever, very subdued reaction from Mie Hamada for the score though, maybe because she was embarrassed after seeing herself jumping up and down :laugh:

mikaboo

Medalist

Yes and she is one of the 2 Rikos who skated with Yuzuru at NHK Exhibition.

Saya Suzuki was lovely too. So many good junior girls :luv17: Hope to see them at JGP next year.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Yes and she is one of the 2 Rikos who skated with Yuzuru at NHK Exhibition.

Saya Suzuki was lovely too. So many good junior girls :luv17: Hope to see them at JGP next year.

ohhhh lucky girl! yes, cant wait to see their progress :hap57: even though this probably wont be good for my poor heart :dbana: :laugh:

DiamondDust

Final Flight
Thanks for the updates and posts guys! I'm a little surprised with the wide gap between first and second though, I'm already happy for Rika that she placed second. :)

As for Mao, sad to know she didn't do so well... :( I hope too she does better with her FS. As for Kanako,this is it for me I'm giving up on her :sarcasm:

Congrats to Satoko for placing first, seems to me she'll be winning this. I wonder if I can find videos of some performances later...

Marius

Art on Ice
Final Flight
Thanks for the updates and posts guys! I'm a little surprised with the wide gap between first and second though, I'm already happy for Rika that she placed second. :)

As for Mao, sad to know she didn't do so well... :( I hope too she does better with her FS. As for Kanako,this is it for me I'm giving up on her :sarcasm:

Congrats to Satoko for placing first, seems to me she'll be winning this. I wonder if I can find videos of some performances later...

I am very disappointed that vids from the japanese championships are so difficult to find! Especially for the ladies, is one of the most exciting competitions to watch :(
PS: I love Yura's short program! :love:

da96103

Record Breaker
Watching Satoko Miyahara's performance.

Hands down, Satoko and Nathan both win the stoniest KnC face for ladies and men respectively.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
OMG fluffy Yamada and smiley Kanako kill me. At this point I don't even care about positions as long as I can watch these KnCs.

lady_bee

Medalist
Since my husband and sons are not home, I can watch ladies' SP on TV.
Rika was much better than I expected, and I am happy for Wakaba for having clean program for the first time in this season.
Knowing the result, I am not sure if I can watch Mao....:sad21:

And I really like new tech-box Fuji-TV introduced this year.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Even if Mao is not back to her form, and maybe will never be because of her age, I think she never looked better. Very mature.