2017 World Team Trophy - Day 2 | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2017 World Team Trophy - Day 2

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Remember when C/B beat V/M at Skate Canada in the FD? Yeah.. long time ago now.

in general, Madison/Evan and WeaPo had both a rocky season in my opinion, there's something to be said about plain old consistency in sharp execution and getting your levels, because judges have shown that they're more than willing to give them points (especially to WeaPo regarding PCS). I hope both teams will have strong next season and good vehicles for them, especially SDs representing their aesthetics/chemistry in the best way possible

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Unrelated these mini-zambonis are amazing...and I've suddenly got a hankering for Go-Karting ON ICE! It would rock yes?

:agree:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
in general, Madison/Evan and WeaPo had both a rocky season in my opinion, there's something to be said about plain old consistency in sharp execution and getting your levels, because judges have shown that they're more than willing to give them points (especially to WeaPo regarding PCS). I hope both teams will have strong next season and good vehicles for them, especially SDs representing their aesthetics/chemistry in the best way possible

It definitely seemed at different times this season that H/D were poised to go ahead of them and then they practically fell on their heads to give it back to C/B. I guess you could say the same thing about G/P and W/P.

atsumiri

Record Breaker
Rinkside report: Chock and Bates - very visible stumble. They're very fast and I can tell their footwork are hard. Me and the crowd seems lukewarm to them though. 100 pts seems a bit high. I thought the Russian pair was better than them. Weaver and Poje deservedly got 1st.
I don't like dances.... don't understand their scores....
but I agree
for me it should bу - WP > BS > CB
IMO

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
Just watched James/Cipres short...
Now I want them to medal so badly at the olympics. What a breakthrough season. Them moving to miami is the best decision.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
I don't like dances.... don't understand their scores....
but I agree
for me it should bу - WP > BS > CB
IMO

I think C/B program is much harder to skate. I'm one of the rare here who like B/S, but they didn't skate fast, sharp and with full capacity today like they did in the past.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Just watched James/Cipres short...
Now I want them to medal so badly at the olympics. What a breakthrough season. Them moving to miami is the best decision.

they totally re-invented themselves in every sense possible for me: style, attack, technique, polish, commitment...Really embraced their attitudes, great looks and made it all into sizzling package, very much standing out from the whole field. Hope for even stronger repeat next season. And yes - medal would be my dream, too.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I think C/B program is much harder to skate. I'm one of the rare here who like B/S, but they didn't skate fast, sharp and with full capacity today like they did in the past.

yup... and there is something sloppy about her positions... i never seem to get a clean beautiful body line from her, which i get from him so it makes it worse. I don't know.

honestly, that FD is also not a good vehicle. I am glad it's over.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
You're welcome! My hands hurt from clapping. J/k

I was stunned by the effect of Japanese flags 'walls' on the audience when Wakaba, Shoma or Yuzuru were introduced...It shows how spirited and valued the discipline is in Japan

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
ZOMG, the men are about to start!

And I just put my dinner in the oven (late) better not forget it...

Ooo official introduction! I want crazy hats, there better be crazy hats.

Last edited:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
It definitely seemed at different times this season that H/D were poised to go ahead of them and then they practically fell on their heads to give it back to C/B. I guess you could say the same thing about G/P and W/P.

there's that very interesting dynamic not only on international ID scene, but also inside US and Canada fields where there are three top tier teams in each country battling out. And it's great to see so much development from Piper/Paul and Madison/Zach, Shibutanis being re-invented and recognized, Tessa and Scott back in such great shape and with confidence...It's only beneficiary for those teams and whole scene for me

liv

Record Breaker
LOL. As they were introducing the judges, did you see how the back row had masks on? One guy was wearing a pig mask and another pair of nylons... oh, that's funny.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
was guy guy with pink mask wearing some kind of stocking this time?? :laugh: he is so awesome :yahoo:

Nika09

On the Ice
So glad James-Cipres could put on clean program! Expecting same thing in LP.

Good luck, guys!! Just don't worry, be happy (try to at least)!