2023-2024 Russian Nationals Jumping Championships | Page 63 | Golden Skate

2023-2024 Russian Nationals Jumping Championships

Couch Expert

Rinkside
https://youtu.be/meye3rLqhh0?t=1751
Interesting take from Zhurankov and Pogorilaya about possibility of international jumping tournament with its current rules: ISU would never allow it because they can't lose image and face of their reputable senior stars. For example Kaori Sakamoto or Loena Hendrix would lose not only to novice Bazyluk - but to Japanese and Korean juniors as well :rolleye:
Well, I think even with age limit the results (with strict technical panel) wouldn't be very pleasant for reputation of ISU stars in women category.

Last edited:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
She couldn't. She wouldn't get the same training conditions, financial support and treatment from Armenian federation - and she would be forced to spend year or two on quarantine without competitions as well
She didn't compete for Russia internationally since Juniors. The rules allow her competing senior right away, like Volodin or the Shmolkins. The 'holding' periods are not ISU rules, but purely domostroi initiative from RusFed. They tried to push it on the ISU, equating national championships/national team to international ones, but, luckily, by then they had no pull. ISU will have zero questions if Petrosyan skated for Armenia this season.

If you really need to know, I am here to support clean athletes to the bitter end, hoping to see those of them who have the exit to break out into international competitions from this serf theater RusFed is running. There was some hope of it last January. Since it has been actively suppressed by RusFed...I'm sticking around for a few old favs. I feel for the guys, and wish them well vs RusFed's cooking. I am also curious by now how deep of a hole they can possibly dig for the athletes.

Couch Expert

Rinkside
ISU will have zero questions if Petrosyan skated for Armenia this season.

If you really need to know, I am here to support clean athletes to the bitter end, hoping to see those of them who have the exit to break out into international competitions from this serf theater RusFed is running.
Wow, I am surprised that you consider woman skater with quads from Tutberidze group as clean :eek: Isn't it widespread preconcieved notion of western skating community that nobody could be trusted there due to Russian state-sponsored doping program - and even if Russian athlete is currently clean - it's just because they managed to skillfully hide it from doping officers? :unsure:
And didn't it occur to you that without that "serf theater" as you call it - there wouldn't be those results and skills - and for example Petrosyan's level would be closer to, let's say, Kurakova's?

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Wow, I am surprised that you consider woman skater with quads from Tutberidze group as clean :eek: Isn't it widespread preconcieved notion of western skating community that nobody could be trusted there due to Russian state-sponsored doping program - and even if Russian athlete is currently clean - it's just because they managed to skillfully hide it from doping officers? :unsure:
And didn't it occur to you that without that "serf theater" as you call it - there wouldn't be those results and skills - and for example Petrosyan's level would be closer to, let's say, Kurakova's?
I go on test results. Negative tests = clean. Positive test = not clean. Everything else is speculation, test results are factual. Hence, I don't believe that all Russians cheat. I believe that the tragedy is that the clean Russiand are forced to support the cheater and see cheater prosper. If someone else tests positive, I would consider them a cheater and expect their removal from competition and results' annulment. It's that simple. There is nothing else to it.

I will be happy to cheer on Gubanova, Kurakova, Litvintzev, Reshtenko, Volodin and Samoilov among others in Montreal. I prefer to see achievement created by free people out of their own free will over anything under duress.

Last edited:

Skating91

Medalist
I go on test results. Negative tests = clean. Positive test = not clean. Everything else is speculation, test results are factual. Hence, I don't believe that all Russians cheat. I believe that the tragedy is that the clean Russiand are forced to support the cheater and see cheater prosper. If someone else tests positive, I would consider them a cheater and expect their removal from competition and results' annulment. It's that simple. There is nothing else to it.

I will be happy to cheer on Gubanova, Kurakova, Litvintzev, Reshtenko, Volodin and Samoilov among others in Montreal. I prefer to see achievement created by free people out of their own free will over anything under duress.
If there were several skaters testing positive in similar ways it would indicate a pattern, but the positive test you are referring to was a once off. Everything about what happened was so bizarre it's all been discussed and we start to find out what happened come Monday, but she and the team knew that she would finish in the top 3 at that event therefore a test would be mandatory. It's not like she was popped at some random out of competition test it's at an event where she is guaranteed to finish top three therefore guaranteed to have to take a test.

In all sincerity, to carry around this kind of hatred and bitterness is not healthy. These are children that you are slandering.

If you need someone to talk to please contact me via DM.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
If there were several skaters testing positive in similar ways it would indicate a pattern, but the positive test you are referring to was a once off. Everything about what happened was so bizarre it's all been discussed and we start to find out what happened come Monday, but she and the team knew that she would finish in the top 3 at that event therefore a test would be mandatory. It's not like she was popped at some random out of competition test it's at an event where she is guaranteed to finish top three therefore guaranteed to have to take a test.

In all sincerity, to carry around this kind of hatred and bitterness is not healthy. These are children that you are slandering.

If you need someone to talk to please contact me via DM.
I think it's you who is all emotional. I see things clearly and without any bias or spin.