2017 Cup of Tyrol | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2017 Cup of Tyrol

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
This proved to be a quite interesting competition, watched 2 final groups from the freeskate and found several new skaters which I liked a lot: Demirboga, Oddvoll Boe, Dalla Torre, Ali Artan, Siao Him Fa and Oktar. Rizzo and Vasiljevs have been among my favourites already.

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker
This proved to be a quite interesting competition, watched 2 final groups from the freeskate and found several new skaters which I liked a lot: Demirboga, Oddvoll Bre, Dalla Torre, Ali Artan, Siao Him Fa and Oktar. Rizzo and Vasiljevs have been among my favourites already.

Sondre Oddvoll Boe, they misspelt his name on the starting order. They had Vasiljevs as Vasiljuvs yesterday :noshake:
But there were a lot of good skaters here. Last 2 groups were great!

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker
Diana did great, doubled second lutz but everything else was good. Lovely held i-spin, and some nice choreographic moments, though long wind up into jumps. Aww, she's delighted.

159.77! Great job.

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker
First Beauty and the Beast I've heard so far, was expecting more of them, but can't say Emma Watson's singing does anything for me.

So far Diana has held onto the lead - medal guaranteed :biggrin:

Stephanatic

Spectator
I appreciate you keeping us informed of the competitions all week, lavenderblossoms (and the sartorial news, too!). So glad Diana had a good free skate today.

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker
Giada won! She had a pretty good skate though Diana won the free. But she had a 10 pt lead. 167.61.

Senior Ladies final results
1 Giada Russo 167.61
2 Diana Nikitina 159.77!
3 Anne Line Gjersem 158.39
4 Natalie Klotz 145.50
5 Yasmine Kimiko Yamada 144.98

Congrats to Giada.
A great medal haul for Team Champery :yahoo:

I appreciate you keeping us informed of the competitions all week, lavenderblossoms (and the sartorial news, too!). So glad Diana had a good free skate today.

I live to serve :agree:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Diana finished 2nd, awesome! She was so happy & I think the coach was pleased as well. :) She certainly still needs some work on the PCS side, but I think she has all but got her ticket to the Olys now, and Team Champery can celebrate after this competition. :clapper:

Also just want to mention that I enjoyed Ryan's commentary (and his accent) so much - wish he had the opportunity to do more events!

Stephanatic

Spectator
Great job, Team Champery! Four skaters, going home with two golds, one silver and one bronze - and both ladies had to really fight their way to the podium, especially Noemie! Congratulations to the skaters and the coach.

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker
Victory ceremony for ladies. Oh hey, they're doing the same thing as last year and calling out all the skaters :)
This is gonna be a long line, it's already off the right side of the camera haha

edit: Deniss walking around taking pictures!!! cute

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Oh hey, cutie Deniss :laugh: Glad I stuck around for this! Yes, I love how they recognize all the skaters at this competition. It's one of my favorite senior Bs now!

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker
I must have missed the senior men medals :think: They did say it was right after the FS finished, and they were showing ads on the livestream then. Hopefully pianomaya will come good for me and upload it.

Edit: Men medal ceremony
The competition and ladies medal ceremony is archived on the livestream website :)
And protocols for men and ladies.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
3 Chafik Besseghier 217.25

That's so fantastic given he's only been able to skate through his complete free program again for a couple of weeks. I wasn't able to stay up to the wee hours and watch him, so I hope a video will pop up on YouTube soon! :)

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
totally missed this competition and we had 3 skaters from Turkey:dbana: and they all have 3A! too bad Basar couldnt deliver like he did during JGP, but he has been busy this season so i forgive him :biggrin:, hopefully he will have more opportunities to get min TES for worlds, its gonna be interesting if they all have min TES

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
totally missed this competition and we had 3 skaters from Turkey:dbana: and they all have 3A! too bad Basar couldnt deliver like he did during JGP, but he has been busy this season so i forgive him :biggrin:, hopefully he will have more opportunities to get min TES for worlds, its gonna be interesting if they all have min TES

I was surprised that you did not wish good luck to them matmuh! There will be a senior B competition in Istanbul between 6th and 12th of December. You can go watch them live this time ;)

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
I was surprised that you did not wish good luck to them matmuh! There will be a senior B competition in Istanbul between 6th and 12th of December. You can go watch them live this time ;)

ahhh, how i wish i could go :(