Olympics
Sr Ladies
G Bradie Tennell 184.98
S Angela Wang 183.53
B Hanul Kim 180.41
4 Courtney Hicks 175.92

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Anyone watching the ladies FS later, could you update us on how Chloe Ing does :laugh: I'm trying to give our SG skaters some love, but the stream is really too expensive for me ):

Chloe Ing

9th place in SP: 27.09 + 24.00 = 51.09

11th place in FS: 32.82 + 40.56 - 2.00 = 71.38

11th overall: 122.47​

I am a Chloe fan, and felt lucky to see her lovely skating.
Plus she seems like such a sweet young lady. I happened to walk past her before her group's six-minute warm-up. I waved at her, and wished her good luck. She waved back and gave me a beautiful smile.

Super-excited for Angela Wang, who once again was awesome.
She was adorable at the medal ceremony. Delightful personality :luv17:.

theoreticalgirl

Rinkside
Just wanted to chime in to agree with everything el henry wrote. Glad to have caught so much impressive talent in my own backyard. Hopeful Team USA stays healthy and strong for the months to come; these programs are off to a wonderful start this early in the season.

MasterB

Final Flight
My take on the event

Ladies
1. Bradie - doesn't do it for me but, she is looking really solid.

2. Angela - I have always loved her and she appears to be on the right track. She missed both of the loops and one axel.

3. Hanul - She is a fire ball all of two feet tall. For a tiny person she flies around the rink. I am kind of embarrassed she beat all of the american girls in the FS.

4. Hicks - I now live for that Triple Flip/ Triple Loop, it is to die for. Her programs are a lot better in person.

5. Glenn - The first half of the program was olympic quality, she now has to work on her stamina or focus.

6. Tessa - Has a new long, she took a nasty fall on her first triple and was able to hold on to most of the jumps after.

7. Starr - She has star quality but needs to gas it up a bit.

Men
1. Max - I have a soft spot for him people are always ragging on his style. The programs are actually good for him. He just needs to land them quads

2. Johnson - One of the most artistic beautiful all around skaters if only he could jump.

3. Timothy - Best spinner in the field

4. Aleksi - That quad loop is not happening.

5. Donovan - He is really slim and moves slowly but, he did a great job in earning points for Jr. Worlds and 4CC. He was a few points shy of qualifying for Sr. Worlds. Had he not missed his 3/3 combo he would have earn it. Best of luck to him in the next event.

6. Torgashev - Best step sequence hands down. Now if only he can learn a 3axel? He has everything else.

7. Paniot - 4flip, 4toe. Excellent jumper

8. Camden - Much improved artistically from last year. I have high hopes for him.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I posted this in U.S. Ladies thread, but the link below has full detailed results for the club competition (non-International):
http://iceworkssc.org/liberty

Jackie Wong has the international results, but no detailed protocals yet.
http://www.rockerskating.com/news/2...phia-summer-international-play-by-playresults

International Figure Skating posted these on their FB page. Not the super detailed results but more than Jackie posted.

Ladies Senior Results and FS
https://www.facebook.com/IFSmagazine/photos/pcb.10156419048077538/10156419044097538/?type=3&theater
https://www.facebook.com/IFSmagazine/photos/pcb.10156419048077538/10156419044102538/?type=3&theater

Men Senior Results and FS
https://www.facebook.com/IFSmagazine/photos/pcb.10156418394612538/10156418392932538/?type=3&theater
https://www.facebook.com/IFSmagazine/photos/pcb.10156418394612538/10156418392957538/?type=3&theater

concorde

Medalist
wasn't haley beavers supposed to be competing?

Haley was signed up for the US only "summer" competition at the same venue, the same weekend. To the best of my knowledge, she did not complete.

Haley was sitting with Team USA during the international competition. She was not wearing a Team USA jacket.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Just watched Hick's FS, and I was really shocked by how bad her technique is right now: her arms and free leg positions are absolutely hideous, the jumps are even less stable than before and most of them seem smaller. When she hits them she's still capable of great things (see that 3F+3Lo, which I'm glad she brought back), but there's no way she'll be consistent with that kind of positions, bent limbs and posture :disapp:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Good news, results from the ISU portion of the event are now online:

http://iceworkssc.org/psic/index.php/2017/08/08/2017-combine-results-posted/

:thank:

Very proud of Max :ghug:, who rotated two quads in the SP and three in the FS. And had two Level 4 spins in the FS (ETA: with positive GOE).
More work to do, but a good starting point here.

Can't wait to see his improvements in SLC :yay:.

In case anyone missed it, IN's article by Lynn Rutherford re Philadelphia:

IN photo gallery:

BTW, Lynn once again will be going to Champs Camp, and of course will do her best to report what she can (although as we all know, the evaluation sessions are closed and information is not so easy to come by).
I told her that we always are grateful for all her articles, tweets, IceTalk discussions, etc. She was pleased to hear that her work is very much appreciated. She said something like, "You never know whether anyone is reading your work," and I assured her that we are reading ... and in fact depend on her as a major source of news.

el henryv - I would highly recommend you add Donovan Carillo to your must see at this event. He might not have the tech content to make it to the Olympics this year, but he is an adorable little ball of sass that i really think you will enjoy seeing. And in four years you can either be saying "I saw little Donovan when he was a nobody!" or you can say "I almost got to see Donovan...." If he sticks with it and stays uninjured I really think he will be very much in the conversation.

random thoughts from yesterday...

I love this coaching & choreographer change for Courtney Hicks - there were some great moments in her SP (the hand movements during the spins :love:), and her jumps looked a bit more controlled.

Karen & Amber have such big jump! They just float.

It was nice seeing team Cain supporting each other. At one point Amber was sitting in a complete split cheering on the pairs team, right next to Brooklee (whose program I really enjoyed); clearly Alexei & Timothy get along well, and were often goofing off together while warming up.

Yaroslov Paniot - I'm not sold on the programs, but his jumps are just stunning - great height, tall & straight... just gorgeous.

I enjoyed Max's programs, thought they fit well, although the end seemed very sudden. He was struggling with some of the jump in warmups, but just kept working until he finally hit them - he looked really determined.

Andrew/Timothy/Sean/Alexander - fantastic performers, beautiful movement, I just like watching them skate. Timothy's final spin is unreal, and Andrew sold his program really well (and looked REALLY happy with his performance).

Donovan Carrillo was a highlight for me. I can't wait to see more of him on the JGP, and so hope that he got the technical minimums for worlds!

So glad I was able to attend! I have a new appreciation for the skaters, how fast they are, the amount of difficulty involved in their spins, the height of the jumps... just incredible. :luv17:

I remembered Donovan from the JGP videos, and I really enjoyed see him skating here.
It was great to be able to chat with a number of skaters (all of whom were very nice :)), but I want to mention Donovan in particular. I was fortunate to speak with him several times, and he was a real charmer. Friendly, lively, and poised.
As Stitch mentioned in another post, Philadelphia was Donovan's first senior competition. (Stay tuned for another senior international this season ;), as well as his two JGPs.)
I was a fan of Donovan's before, and I came away an even bigger fan. Impossible not to be very excited for him.

Thanks to becka for all your observations.
"Determined" certainly is a good word for Max. I have high hopes for him this season.
Like you, I have a new appreciation for all the skaters/skating I saw.
I loved seeing the camaraderie and mutual support among so many skaters. Agree about Team Cain, and beyond. (I mentioned in another thread that the late-night FS practice with Max, Alex Johnson, Dolensky, and Krasnozhon had an extremely friendly vibe :luv17:, for example. Lots of smiles and chatting among all four as they skated past [or alongside] each other when warming up.)

ETA:
Forgot to mention that petite Hanul Kim provided the sweetest moment at the very casual and brief medal ceremony. Heart-melting to see her reach up with outstretched arms to give warm hugs to Bradie and Angela. The proportions of the podium were such that Bradie and Angela really were towering over Hanul.​

Will add that one of the highlights for me was talking at length with several parents (of two senior men and of an intermediate lady).
Although the parents never patted themselves on the back, their own commitment/sacrifice came across via some of their open and matter-of-fact comments.
Their pride in their very accomplished kids was understated, and they were absolutely supportive of other skaters and parents.
The parents all asked me whether I had a skater in the family -- and when I said No, they were almost surprised (pleasantly surprised and thankful) that I care about the sport and the skaters even without any personal connection.
A salute to all the parents out there :bow:.

... The ATS is my favourite tech spec, Shin Amano! Go Shin!

Shin is here? I'd never thought he'd come to such a small competition.

FWIW: Shin Amano wore several hats over the past week ... including (IIRC) replay operator for intermediate and novice segments of the club competition.

So perhaps low-profile roles are not so rare on his plate??? Along with higher-profile roles.

Similarly, Alexander Kogan of Russia was a judge at the novice level (IIRC), as well as at the senior international level.

Haley was signed up for the US only "summer" competition at the same venue, the same weekend. To the best of my knowledge, she did not complete.

Haley was sitting with Team USA during the international competition. She was not wearing a Team USA jacket.

:agree: I too saw Haley off ice several times over at least two days. She was sitting in the stands as a spectator, and sometimes hanging out behind the boards with friends who were competing.
FWIW, I never saw Haley in anything but street clothes (cute outfits/shoes). No sign of training apparel or gear (so never seemed as if she were about to warm up/practice/compete or had done so earlier in the day).

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Donovan Carillo is delightful! I spoke to him in Spanish the day after the men's comp (complimenting on how much we enjoyed his programs & wishing him all the best for the season), and he was so sweet & gracious!

ice coverage, we got to see that precious moment when Hanul Kim hugged Bradie Tenell @ the medal ceremony.

I wish we could have met you "up close & personal." We possibly crossed each other's paths during the weekend.