2017-18 Retirements | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2017-18 Retirements

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
What is more surprising to me is that there HAVEN'T been a rush of retirements/breakups/reshuffling of partnerships, which usually happens about 17 minutes after the post-Olympics' WC has finished.

Very odd but oddly comforting.

Of course having said that, I expect the rush to begin!

:dumb:

People is waiting for the new rules, maybe...

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
What is more surprising to me is that there HAVEN'T been a rush of retirements/breakups/reshuffling of partnerships, which usually happens about 17 minutes after the post-Olympics' WC has finished.

People is waiting for the new rules, maybe...

Anyasnake

Record Breaker

The Aljona effect ? :biggrin:
Also, maybe they don't necessarily want to end right after the Olympic season, but give themselves time. It's better I think.

Jedi

On the Ice
An article about Narumi's retirement ceremony with a sweet photo: https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20180405-00000171-sph-spo

My Japanese is terrible (and Google translate not so reliable), but it seems that Ryo Shibata will aim to participate in the next Olympics? Can anybody confirm? :pray:

It is a happy and sad ending - but I hope she is happy and can look forward to her next chapter. I was wondering if she would follow victim to that dreaded bronze medal collapse - it seems to happen a lot with skaters winning a bornze nad having issues replicating it.

Andrea82

Medalist
Moscovitch confirms retirement

Skating was my first love and forever my passion. Representing Canada on both the world and Olympic stage has been an honour and a privilege. It has given me invaluable opportunities and experiences over the years, ones which have played a pivotal role in shaping me into the man that I am today. I look forward to taking the lessons learned and skills acquired into the chapters and adventures to come. I can’t thank my family, friends and fans enough for the endless support they’ve given me throughout the years, as well as the support received from COS, WOS, Skate Ontario, Skate Canada, Own the Podium, the Canadian Olympic Committee and both the provincial and federal governments.

I’d also like to thank all of my coaches, trainers, choreographers, training mates and clubs from all over Ontario for guiding me and supporting my dream. I’d like to thank my partners Kyra, Kirsten and Luba for the priceless memories and experiences throughout my career and I wish Kirsten and Luba the best of luck in their respective careers in the years to come. I’d especially like to thank Kris and Kristy Wirtz and the late Paul Wirtz for the 10-plus years working together and for starting my career in pairs figure skating. As well, a huge thank you to Lee Barkell, Tracy Wilson, Bryce Davison, and everyone at the Toronto Cricket Skating and Curling Club for renewing my love for skating and taking my level of growth as both an athlete and a person beyond what I could have ever hoped. Most importantly, I will cherish the incredible people I’ve met and the lifelong friendships I’ve made throughout my career in this amazing sport. Thank you to all for sharing this journey with me.

Lubov is evaluating options

https://skatecanada.ca/2018/04/olympic-medallist-dylan-moscovitch-retiring-from-competitive-skating/

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
SC update: Lubov Ilyushechkina will be joining @Cirque du Soleil! Lubov took this new challenge after her partner Dylan Moscovitch retired from skating in April. She is looking forward to this unique opportunity that Cirque will provide to further enhance her style of performing!

Sabrina

Record Breaker
I really hoped Lubov will continue with a different partner. I know it's not easy for a girl to find a man skater available, still she is young and her level is good.