Alena Kostornaia | Page 171 | Golden Skate

Alena Kostornaia

SkateSkates

Medalist
I caught her 3A3T on the livestream:
https://twitter.com/skateskates1/status/1197379197859246080?s=21

It’s such a beautiful combo, even though we probably won’t see if in competition due to her layout. I saw her land 4 3As and fall on one. Missed her runthru but it seems like she wasn’t really warmed up yet since she skated first. Didn’t miss any other triples or 2As that I saw. Also practiced some spins which looked good but the camera angles were zooming in on her feet a bunch.

SXTN

Final Flight
Every single competition it’s something new from her and I love it! With the 4S on the planned elements for Kihira, do you think she’d throw in the 3A+3T for an edge if her SP score is lower? Kihira always has pretty high component scores and Aliona’s have been painfully low so I feel like she may be a bigger competitor than initially thought. Anyone have the technical totals for the two? Not that it guarantees Rika will actually land the 4S, which apparently from practice is still iffy, but, I’m getting nervous!

The 3A+3T is just for practise fun. If she puts it into her FS, it will even lower her BV by almost 1 point...

Scott512

Record Breaker
I guess she was unhappy again though and went to talk to Eteri, who "coached her passionately." Then she went back to warm up again.
https://twitter.com/ra_nuit/status/1197367817357578241

I'm so glad Eteri is there with her! I feel like Aliona draws a lot of psychological strength from her. :yes:
I am also happy Eteri is there. Alyiona and Alena need her especially as they are closing in on Grand Prix final births.

vesperalvioletta

Medalist
Country
United-States

SkateSkates

Medalist
That's a great thing to wake up to. ;) That 3A was as smooth as butter. Someone had mentioned that Alena had been reported to have not been looking good there but you could never tell that from that video

She was looking fine at the end of practice , I think she was just a little off during her runthru since she was the first skater and wasn’t fully warmed up yet when she had to skate. Pretty normal as it takes time to get used to new ice.

So excited to see how her SP has progressed since IDF. She was a little off her music there in the first part and had to rush to catch up for the 2nd half. I hope they’ve made some little adjustments so she doesn’t have to rush this time.

sclloyd

On the Ice
Country
United-States
The 3A+3T is just for practise fun. If she puts it into her FS, it will even lower her BV by almost 1 point...

Oh I was totally just thinking making her 3A+2T a 3A+3T but I didn’t even consider the repetition rules. Oops.

waltzjump2

Rinkside
Every single competition it’s something new from her and I love it! With the 4S on the planned elements for Kihira, do you think she’d throw in the 3A+3T for an edge if her SP score is lower? Kihira always has pretty high component scores and Aliona’s have been painfully low so I feel like she may be a bigger competitor than initially thought. Anyone have the technical totals for the two? Not that it guarantees Rika will actually land the 4S, which apparently from practice is still iffy, but, I’m getting nervous!

My math could be wrong, but I added up BV of only the jumps and yeah, with the 4S, Rika’s total is 5.4 points higher

Aliona (SP 23.4 + FS 51 = 74.4 total)
Rika (SP 22.4 + FS 57.4 = 79.8 total)

Rika doesn’t have a 3Lz in the short, hence lower jump BV. (I might make a spreadsheet later with other skaters as well to check my math lol)

edit: my math was wrong Rikira's BV is 80.4 total and Aliona's is 74.4 (I'm pretty sure?) -- but also this is just planned elements after all

Manitou

Medalist
This oncoming duel is going to be really fascinating, provided they both execute it 100%. And I hope that will really happen. Probably the most awaited duel so far this season.

Batsuchan

Medalist
Sigh, I think the second group for the ladies practice just started, but I haven't been able to find a livestream so far... :sad21:
Also not seeing any tweets about her either, so maybe there is no livestream. :unsure: We might just have to wait for some actual practice reports from people in the arena...

In the meantime, here's a comment from someone who was actually in the arena for Thursday's practice:
https://twitter.com/THEWORLD1889/status/1197441635027546113?s=03
"Watching live is totally different from watching on a screen after all. Kostornaia's skating was so good, it was way above the level I imagined. It was like, 'how many years has she been a senior?'" [i.e. she doesn't look like she just moved up from juniors] :agree: