Alena Kanysheva | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Alena Kanysheva

Scott512

Record Breaker
:confused:

Even assumed that the rumor is true, i don't get how anyone can blaming Panova for a RusFed choice, without knowing if there was some other problems between them.

There someone who blame Mishin because they choose to leave Liza at home ? :confused:

Even if you are an Eteri's skater you can't expect to be called to Worlds regardless of what happen at the Nats, just think of what happen to Tarakanova last season.

The only technical difference between the consistency that Alena has show on the JGP and what happen at the JNats is that Alena was trying 3Lz+3Lo on some competitions after the JGP final, for improve the TES content, but the difficulties showed on that element don't explain themselves the bad result of Alena at the JNats. There's no way that the RusFed would choose regardless of that result, as they usually take a lot into consideration the last domestic competition. And so Sinitsyna has gain that place, with a strong output at the JNats.

It's a coincidence that Sinitsyna is also coached by Panova.

You bring logic to an emotional argument!

You can't compare Panova to Mishin Mishin is an all time great coach. I don't blame Mishin for Liza not going but Panova had her #2 chosen to go to JWC ahead of her #1 junior. That bothered Alena no doubt. Mishin did not have 2 skaters for the last spot the way Panova did.

What happened to Tarakanova last season? She was at JWC.

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
You bring logic to an emotional argument!

You can't compare Panova to Mishin Mishin is an all time great coach. I don't blame Mishin for Liza not going but Panova had her #2 chosen to go to JWC ahead of her #1 junior. That bothered Alena no doubt. Mishin did not have 2 skaters for the last spot the way Panova did.

What happened to Tarakanova last season? She was at JWC.

Tarakanova, as an Eteri's skater, was bronze at the JGP final but wasn't at the JWC, because of the performance at the JNats. There was pushed Konstantinova, above Gubanova. Tarakanova was, sadly, only 7th at those nats :confused2:

Sinitsyna is not Panova's 2nd skater. They was near even before the start of the season, just think about the Elder Age 2018. Then she was a bit unlucky to be on a competition were there was Yelim Kim on a really good shape.

The problem is not that Sinitsyna has get that spot, as others have missed that chance, but that Kanysheva was only 11th at the JNats, without any sort of strange robbing.

Something may have happened between january and february, but we really don't know what. Making this a discussion about the JWC is pointless.

Scott512

Record Breaker

Tarakanova, as an Eteri's skater, was bronze at the JGP final but wasn't at the JWC, because of the performance at the JNats. There was pushed Konstantinova, above Gubanova. Tarakanova was, sadly, only 7th at those nats :confused2:

Sinitsyna is not Panova's 2nd skater. They was near even before the start of the season, just think about the Elder Age 2018. Then she was a bit unlucky to be on a competition were there was Yelim Kim on a really good shape.

The problem is not that Sinitsyna has get that spot, as others have missed that chance, but that Kanysheva was only 11th at the JNats, without any sort of strange robbing.

Something may have happened between january and february, but we really don't know what. Making this a discussion about the JWC is pointless.
Thanks.

No way to explain some of the things that have going on with the Russian Federation. Stasya over Gubanova last year senior world's almost cost Russia 3 spots. At some of the decisions this year have left us scratching our heads. I hope Alena does not get squeezed out like some others have.

Azikin

Medalist

Yes, at least in case of juniors, JWC assigment was fair, according to their result at JrNats (where Sinitsina was really good).. while seniors this year... :mad:

Fluture

Record Breaker
Well, after these rumours have been consistent for days now...

I would never have considered Alena to think of changing her coach and honestly, Eteri comes as a surprise as well. Panova and her always seemed to fit very well, I still remember their joy at the JGPF when they found out she’d medaled. I know Alena‘s been struggling at Nationals but I didn‘t think one bad competition would be a possible reason to make such a change, so something like this never even crossed my mind. But maybe they’re different reasons and we probably don’t know them. Also, at the moment, I can‘t imagine a pairing of Alena and Eteri as student and coach but that might very well change, if it turns out to be true in the end of course. Whatever happens, I wish her all the best and I think she‘ll make the right decision for herself. She did have an amazing debut season on the junior circuit!

About Junior Worlds: I was sad she couldn‘t go. After Alena Kostornaya withdrew, she would have been my first choice. Since seeing her and Kostornaya live in Linz and getting their autograph, they‘ve kind of become “my girls“, meaning, I‘ll always connect a special memory to them and thus root for them. That being said, the decision was fair. Alena unfortunately had a weak outing at Nationals. Of course GP season should count, too but in the end, rusfed will always take into account who is most likely to be at their peak NOW and go from there. This is, imo, the best way to deal with it and I‘m glad Kseniia got her chance, too.

Alena will start the new season being seen as a more experienced junior skater, whatever coach she‘ll be with and a reigning JGPF bronze medalist. And I hope she‘ll get her chance at Worlds in the future. :)

neusw

On the Ice

I would never have considered Alena to think of changing her coach and honestly, Eteri comes as a surprise as well. Panova and her always seemed to fit very well, I still remember their joy at the JGPF when they found out she’d medaled. I know Alena‘s been struggling at Nationals but I didn‘t think one bad competition would be a possible reason to make such a change, so something like this never even crossed my mind. But maybe they’re different reasons and we probably don’t know them. Also, at the moment, I can‘t imagine a pairing of Alena and Eteri as student and coach but that might very well change, if it turns out to be true in the end of course. Whatever happens, I wish her all the best and I think she‘ll make the right decision for herself. She did have an amazing debut season on the junior circuit!

Honestly I don't see this move as falling out with her old coach over any incident but more as Alena and her family deciding to take a more aggressive approach to her career. I'm sure they want to avoid falling into a Gubanova situation where all the skating skills in the world can't save you from being overlooked because you came up through a small camp with no political power, where your best junior years are wasted without being able to build up the reputation to successfully transition to seniors. Even if nothing else changes from what she would've gotten from Panova, she will likely gain some more consistency, and just the fact that she is in Eteri's camp will bring her more attention/consideration from the fed and internationally. Even being Eteri's #4 junior brings more attention than being #1 in a smaller group because of Eteri's reputation of bringing up the best juniors. And she is far better than being Eteri's #4.

Scott512

Record Breaker
I think wars will be declared via unfollowing on insta very soon :laugh:

Do you think JrWorlds was the final straw? I mean, Alena had a far better season than Panova's other student Sinitsina except for just one competition. You'd think Panova would have been pushing for Alena for JrWorlds. Eteri seems like an interesting choice. Alena doesn't have the 'look' of an Eteri skater, nor does she skate like one. But maybe she saw what Eteri did with Tursynbaeva in just one season, which was an incredible improvement.

About Junior Worlds: I was sad she couldn‘t go. After Alena Kostornaya withdrew, she would have been my first choice. Since seeing her and Kostornaya live in Linz and getting their autograph, they‘ve kind of become “my girls“, meaning, I‘ll always connect a special memory to them and thus root for them. That being said, the decision was fair. Alena unfortunately had a weak outing at Nationals. Of course GP season should count, too but in the end, rusfed will always take into account who is most likely to be at their peak NOW and go from there. This is, imo, the best way to deal with it and I‘m glad Kseniia got her chance, too.

Alena will start the new season being seen as a more experienced junior skater, whatever coach she‘ll be with and a reigning JGPF bronze medalist. And I hope she‘ll get her chance at Worlds in the future. :)

Honestly I don't see this move as falling out with her old coach over any incident but more as Alena and her family deciding to take a more aggressive approach to her career. I'm sure they want to avoid falling into a Gubanova situation where all the skating skills in the world can't save you from being overlooked because you came up through a small camp with no political power, where your best junior years are wasted without being able to build up the reputation to successfully transition to seniors. Even if nothing else changes from what she would've gotten from Panova, she will likely gain some more consistency, and just the fact that she is in Eteri's camp will bring her more attention/consideration from the fed and internationally. Even being Eteri's #4 junior brings more attention than being #1 in a smaller group because of Eteri's reputation of bringing up the best juniors. And she is far better than being Eteri's #4.
Incredible post neusw. So true how and why Gubanova with all her talent has slipped through the cracks and how the same will not happen to Alena if she is coached by EG.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Incredible post neusw. So true how and why Gubanova with all her talent has slipped through the cracks and how the same will not happen to Alena if she is coached by EG.

Gubanova was mismanaged by Buyanova, who took weeks to decide whether to take her and Tsurskaya or not, they started later with the training and that brought to disappointing performances at early domestic competitions this season, those were key to get the GP spot. (Plus i remember she got injured also)

The same will not happen to Alena because EG will ask her to start working as soon as she moves.

Worth mentioning that Alena Kostornaya moved to Sambo70 very late, and she barely got her JGP spot last season because she was very convincing at domestic competitions.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Gubanova was mismanaged by Buyanova, who took weeks to decide whether to take her and Tsurskaya or not, they started later with the training and that brought to disappointing performances at early domestic competitions this season, those were key to get the GP spot. (Plus i remember she got injured also)

The same will not happen to Alena because EG will ask her to start working as soon as she moves.

Worth mentioning that Alena Kostornaya moved to Sambo70 very late, and she barely got her JGP spot last season because she was very convincing at domestic competitions.

Fair points for sure. Nastya Gs late start with Buyanova hurt a lot. That will not happen with Alena.

Happy Skates

Final Flight
So, as per the Russian Ladies thread on The Edge, I guess its been confirmed that she is indeed training with Team Tutberidze.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Kanysheva was born June 15, 2005, which leads me to believe she is the only girl in her y.o.b. in Khrustalniy's ranks.
So apart from her qualities as a skater, she could be a useful addition to make Khrustalniy's ranks evenly balanced across all ages.

Now the main question: will Alyona become one of the Khrustalniy Awesome Aces along with Alyona Kostornaya (b. 2003), Anna Shcherbakova (b. 2004) and Aleksandra Trusova (b. 2004)?
Tutberidze and staff might have a full hand of Aces to play with coming season ;-)

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Now the main question: will Alyona become one of the Khrustalniy Awesome Aces along with Alyona Kostornaya (b. 2003), Anna Shcherbakova (b. 2004) and Aleksandra Trusova (b. 2004)?
Tutberidze and staff might have a full hand of Aces to play with coming season ;-)

The even more interrestring question is: will there be four Eteri's junior ladies in JGP during next season? Alyona, Daria, Kamila and Maya? It wouldn't be for the first time, last season there were also four Eteri's girls in JGP.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Kanysheva was born June 15, 2005, which leads me to believe she is the only girl in her y.o.b. in Khrustalniy's ranks.
So apart from her qualities as a skater, she could be a useful addition to make Khrustalniy's ranks evenly balanced across all ages.

Yes!

Good luck to Alena with Eteri. Is she now.Eteris tallest lady skater?