Favourite SD and FD of the Olympic Season | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Favourite SD and FD of the Olympic Season

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I would say that Hubbell and Donohue's SD and FD fascinate me the most. And then Papadakis and Cizeron's SD in which Gabby's new challenges shine through the program is a pleasant surprise. Although their FD is in the line of their usual character, I love their ethereal and subtle lyrical qualities anyway. I never cared much about Chock/Bates, but their programs this season were also pleasant to watch. The Danish team's FD, Smart/Diaz's SD/FD, Kana and Chris were fun to watch.

DorYiu

Let’s go crazy
On the Ice
:), so far...

- Shibutanis: this is a SD that simply put a smile on my face, everything is just so easy on eyes and so well-thought to process the beauty and fluidity of the final effect, not analysing meticulously everything. They truly manage to play on the more 'vintage', traditional Latin concept, but make it work for their personal style, sleekness, modernity of movement, sourcing from tradition, but translating it into more modern surroundings, creating an universal appeal in my opinion. The music is probably cut/put together in the best way out there: it flows, presenting a range of rhythms, playing so nicely on tempos, which are then reflected brilliantly in choreography. The partial step sequence - for me, a gem of that dance, really showing of their fabulous polish and technical basis of execution, feel of the rhythm/musicality, attention to detail, their postures and how they are 'framing' the dance in elegant, sophisticated way. Another remarkable points: putting twizzles into counting part of music, making a statement from it and attention on bounce put for rhythmical accentuation of movement in non-touching step sequence. And it's just infectious to hum out the music and sway along with Maia's gorgeous fringe-y bottom of the dress; the effectiveness of this dance is insane;

:agree: Agree with the comments on Shibs! Simply make you want to dance and smile. I just wish Alex get a new shirt, he is such a eye candy, but with that shirt, idk... :palmf:

Fav free dance is definitely P/C, I can’t stop myself from rewatching this program, I love every part of it, esp the spins!
Chock/Bates is very clever at picking “imagine” as their free, it connect to the audience immediately, and I really love it after cup of China.

bramweld

Record Breaker
:agree: Agree with the comments on Shibs! Simply make you want to dance and smile. I just wish Alex get a new shirt, he is such a eye candy, but with that shirt, idk... :palmf:

Fav free dance is definitely P/C, I can’t stop myself from rewatching this program, I love every part of it, esp the spins!
Chock/Bates is very clever at picking “imagine” as their free, it connect to the audience immediately, and I really love it after cup of China.

When they skate their SD I can just picture Maia rolling her eyes saying, we got this, hahaha!!Suckers :) Like we be brining it what are you guys doing, just love it. The FD I'm warming up to but if they can just build a decent lead with the SD anything is possible. For the grit they showed at COR, they've almost won the bronze for me. While I dig H/D short I sort of find their FD a bit to samey, samey, hohum and heavy. Honestly, I could honestly see W/P sneaking in and grabbing bronze if they hold their nerve together. So what I'm saying is, my odds on favourite for the bronze right now are the Shibies.:) Now back to work I go!!