2024 World Junior Championships Free Dance | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2024 World Junior Championships Free Dance

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
I don't see how P/C will be competitive in Srs though they have no choice. I think they'd be near but not quite at the bottom of US teams and I don't see how they could get international assignments. However, if they love what they're doing and make good progress (get those PCS up to 7's) then perhaps it will be worth it to them. They are very likable and he is :love2:.

slider11

Medalist
I have really enjoyed watching Tkachenko and Kiliakov through their development. They were a very popular young novice US team a few years ago but then seemed to lose favor with the federation and judges. Their scores were stuck in the 70/80s despite them having such strong technical skills and an engaging presence on the ice. It seems the move to Israel was the right one as they have made a steady climb to around the 100 mark. I realize any team will mature over time but something definitely clicked with the judges in just the past year with them. I am not an ice dance technical expert but it is evident to me that they have wonderful deep edges and they finish movements with such elegance. What do you think made them become a top contender ?

readernick

Medalist
In person, the top three were the top three for a reason. I'm sure that was evident in the videos, too. N/ M are incredible. Their basic skating and their ability to make difficult moves seem effortless makes their win even with the " fall" a forgone conclusion. I will say that, at least in person, he's not yet the performer she is. She never drops the performance even during difficult elements. His performance goes in and out a bit. The Isrealis have clearly been skating together forever. There are no messy moments where they are grasping for each other on the ice. They are very in sync and committed. They were my husband's favorites. G/S are also clearly amazing and I loved their choreography but he seemed a bit nervous during the actual performance. The top French team was very "neat" today. They seemed focused and did well but it didn't stand out for me live. I love the Peal's program and their commitment to performing but there were messy little moments in their lifts and some elements didn't look easy. ( Of course they aren't easy but most ice dancers make them look easy) Nguyen/ Giang are very smooth across the ice but their choreography was simpler than other teams. This allowed them to get great levels but may have held back their PCS and GOE.

I was also personally very impressed by Noemi Marie Tali. Obviously there was a mistake at the end of the program but she's an incredible ice dancer. Her SS, extension, and so on. She's going to be a star. Her partner still seems " new'" but I think in the few years when he gains strength they are going to go far..

Last edited:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I got tired of waiting for ISU to clear Rhytm dance for Canadian consumption, so I watched FS. Lovely stuff! I just felt so bad for the Italians... but was super happy to see Kudryavtzeva/Karankevich back in the competition.