2024 World Junior Championships Free Dance | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2024 World Junior Championships Free Dance

icewhite

Record Breaker
Every country should just get two spots if they have the TES minimums and that's it. 3 spots makes the deeper feds even stronger and it becomes so difficult for the other feds to grow... with 2 spots, it's not so bad .. but one spot and having to finish top 10 when a couple strong nations block six spots ahead.. .it's ridiculous.

I would introduce a system which is mostly independent from countries, but it would require a complete reform of it all, and well... we know it won't happen.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Chloe/Brendan are moving up to senior as per their mixed zone quote. She turns 19 in May.
Damn it... he had one more year...they will have a good run for their money in the Canadian senior field

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
T/K are the only Israeli Jr Ice Dance team I know of. They could recruit a few US or Russian teams, I guess, but I doubt it 😅

Mishel MOSHAIEV / Dmytro KRAVCHENKO competed in Juniors at Nationals last season. But, I don't know if they are still competing this season. The Cup Of Israel rounds that have been held so far this season have only had Singles competitions. As for Nationals, I think they are having the Cup Of Israel Final double up as Nationals this season. And it isn't until April.

CaroLiza_fan

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I would introduce a system which is mostly independent from countries, but it would require a complete reform of it all, and well... we know it won't happen.
that's why i proposed a very minor fix... because full reforms LOL... the ISU could only do one of those and they did it with the IJS and they are still trying to figure it out 20 years later

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just checking in from work to see results. Will rewatch Sunday.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Chloe and Brendan had the highest BV = levels
Layla and Alex were number 3.

The Italians did get a deduction for their falls as we know but their GOE is still rather neutral on the element... it could have been much worse for them... kind of a weird judging thing (either you fully penalize or you don't ??? )

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Updates:

Neset/Markelov are still deciding if they'll move up or stay juniors.
Grimm/Savitskiy will be doing JGPs and Jr Worlds, but are planning on also doing some senior Challengers.
Tkachenko/Kiliakov are taking direction from the Israeli federation about whether they'll compete as Juniors, Seniors or do a split season.
Kudryavtseva/Karankevich will be moving up to seniors despite having another season of Jr eligibility.
Fradji/Fourneaux will stay in Juniors, but, similarly to G/S, might do some Senior Challengers.
Pedersen/Chen are (for now) planning to stay together and move up to Seniors.

(All this comes from the interview tweets from Golden Skate).

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
yeah.. just because there is a big age difference and he is aging out, so she could stay in juniors for a little younger... as the US dance scene is pretty deep, they may get buried in there.
That is true...they seem happy for now.

Unrelated
Maybe we could see G/S at Euros next year. I think there will be a battle between them, the Peals and the YOG french team.
Would also love to see Ilin/Cain at the next junior worlds

lileychristie

Lee-lay
Medalist
Country
Australia
I had to miss the entire free dance due to multiple shoppings I needed to do this afternoon, but I just checked the result and I managed to get a perfect score in my prediction 🤯

Congrats to all the medalist! Whose performances from the earlier groups should I watch as well?

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
you know.. it's never good to stay too long in juniors... it can backfire
Yeah ask McNamara/Carpenter remember when they won everything in 2016 just like N/M then decided to stay in Juniors for about the 20th time? They couldn't even repeat as US Junior champions finishing 3rd and didn't even medal at Junior Worlds. They had all the momentum in the world and instead of moving up to Seniors and pushing themselves they did nothing but stay in place and they were never the same.