2024 World Junior Championships Free Dance | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2024 World Junior Championships Free Dance

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Hmm Elizabeth and Alexei remind me of another couple for waaaay back when I'm trying to remember them...

Oh yeah! (different discipline) but Elena and Anton from way back when. I swear Elizabeth has the same hair going on.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
N/M are way above the other teams so it's not like it's robbery :)
I know that their skating is better than the others but I am personally not drawn to them, they are accomplished but not that engaging (at least to me)

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
It's not moderated and I thought they had removed it.
I think it's because this competition is on the ISU channel rather than the ISU Junior GP channel. They must have forgot to turn it off for the Junior streams.

icewhite

Record Breaker
Israel with three spots... Even if T/K goes to JW next season do they even have the junior teams to use the remaining two tickets?

the whole system annoys me so much
with so much emphasis put on countries and feds instead of individual teams and athletes
so many spots are given to skaters who don't know what to do with them, so many skaters miss out on spots they should get

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I know that their skating is better than the others but I am personally not drawn to them, they are accomplished but not that engaging (at least to me)
makes 2 of us... i have watched them grow over the years.. and i just do not get into it.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
N/M will stay junior??
they don't belong in juniors, really. sure, agewise, but they do not have competition here
Where you "belong" has never stopped anyone from being where they're not supposed to be.

This is also just my guess, because while N/M won Jr Worlds, I could see them wanting to have another go at it after the rather mediocre showing here. If it wasn't USFS and Ice Dance, I would guess they could go the Senior route for the rest of the season and then still be sent to Jr Worlds. 🤷‍♀️

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Podium Ceremony starting now.

CaroLiza_fan

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Israel with three spots... Even if T/K goes to JW next season do they even have the junior teams to use the remaining two tickets?
T/K are the only Israeli Jr Ice Dance team I know of. They could recruit a few US or Russian teams, I guess, but I doubt it 😅

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
the whole system annoys me so much
with so much emphasis put on countries and feds instead of individual teams and athletes
so many spots are given to skaters who don't know what to do with them, so many skaters miss out on spots they should get
Every country should just get two spots if they have the TES minimums and that's it. 3 spots makes the deeper feds even stronger and it becomes so difficult for the other feds to grow... with 2 spots, it's not so bad .. but one spot and having to finish top 10 when a couple strong nations block six spots ahead.. .it's ridiculous.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
T/K are the only Israeli Jr Ice Dance team I know of. They could recruit a few US or Russian teams, I guess, but I doubt it 😅
If they haven't recruited teams already they're going to waste the remaining two spots, which I hate to see. Reminds me of when Tursynbaeva won silver at 2019 WC, Kazakhstan did not have enough senior women to fill the three spots (although that did not matter in the end because of covid)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
well.. at this point, they could just ask Mark to pick up ice dance ... not really happy i won't see him at worlds. He must be devastated not to be skating at "home" worlds

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
If they haven't recruited teams already they're going to waste the remaining two spots, which I hate to see. Reminds me of when Tursynbaeva won silver at 2019 WC, Kazakhstan did not have enough senior women to fill the three spots (although that did not matter in the end because of covid)
wasting the spots is no big deal... it just means that other countries have a chance to finish higher.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I know, but it does mean that skaters/teams who could've gone were not able to, and that's what I hate
like Canadians :) but you know, Korea wasted spots too this year... it just happens all the time..
The problem is not the wasted spots so much but the entire system.