Gilles and Poirier's new FD | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Gilles and Poirier's new FD

Barb

Record Breaker
^^^^^^^^^
Say it ain't so :drama:

That makes it even odder. No one would want to be Lt. Tragg, the only police personnel continuing character in the Perry Mason stories.

Tragg is not only the honest but not too bright guy who is perpetually arresting the wrong person, he is just unattractive!

(Never Paul, obviously)

Here's a shot of Tragg, in an early example of product placement:

http://lileks.com/bw/TV/perry/cast/5.html

I don´t know about real life polices and detectives but I watched Law and order and they wear badges and they are detectives https://imgur.com/a/t5kx8.

But I never watched the Perry Mason serie.

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
well, that's fair to be pointed out, but in case of one team's error, another one has to step it up and seize the opportunity to move up and Gilles/Poirier did it, quite unexpectedly for a lot of people due to their inconsistency in delivering clean, high levels program regularly. No one should really blame them to grab the chance and hold it by its horns, because they really smoothed out that SD it seemed and defend themselves in FD despite program being completely new, error on twizzles and lack here and there in continuity and flow of the piece. I think that this attitude and determination alone presented - combined with silver medal at Nats - could be really a push for them to get themselves in more 'winner'/real contender-competitor mind-set going forward, not just being the quirky ones with originality and non-standard approach brought to the field. I'd really love them to stay few seasons more to develop more stronger and profound as competitors.

Exactly. This is sport and that is how it goes. Were they supposed to pass their silver to W/P and be like: well you just messed up the twizzle but you deserve this more - here you go! :laugh: They just skated better that night and won the silver fair and square.

And I am so happy for them! I am the biggest fan of their She Said/Neverland FD, it was remarkable and so memorable. That being said, I'm not into their Bond FD at all. The only Bond themed program I ever liked was Kim Yuna's, but maybe it will imrove and kind of grow on me over the next weeks, I hope :)

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Exactly. This is sport and that is how it goes. Were they supposed to pass their silver to W/P and be like: well you just messed up the twizzle but you deserve this more - here you go! :laugh: They just skated better that night and won the silver fair and square.

And I am so happy for them! I am the biggest fan of their She Said/Neverland FD, it was remarkable and so memorable. That being said, I'm not into their Bond FD at all. The only Bond themed program I ever liked was Kim Yuna's, but maybe it will improve and kind of grow on me over the next weeks, I hope :)

I think that this is a fair impression to have due to this particularity of a character represented by James Bond figure - this is pretty much 'one man (skater) show' to have and there is certain difficulty to make up a good program for a pair or ID team which would highlight individualities/characters, but in more balanced, unison-like way that could reduce the powerfulness of the theme and music.

I still stand by my own judgement and wait for this program to be skated with projected, new entourage and more mileage to fully appreciate it:). Saying that, I already see a new dose of energy and excitement factor in their skating after change made in FD, which is promising.

GGFan

Record Breaker
I don´t know about real life polices and detectives but I watched Law and order and they wear badges and they are detectives https://imgur.com/a/t5kx8[/B].

:rofl: I have nothing substantive to add, but this is the best argument ever in the sense that Law and Order is so known for its accuracy that it has created its own reality. :dev2::laugh2:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I don´t know about real life polices and detectives but I watched Law and order and they wear badges and they are detectives https://imgur.com/a/t5kx8.

It is primarily a courtroom drama. ( Perry almost always wins.) Perry always hires a private detective named Paul Drake to ferret out the stuff the dumb police missed. The major opposition to Perry is district attorney Hamilton Burger. Lt. Tragg is the homicide detective, and so the only guy who might wear a badge among the usual cast, although a typical homicide detective operates in plain clothes, and his badge may not be obviously worn.

Check the photo. I wouldn't think anyone would want to be Tragg on ice.

Here again Is a shot of Tragg, in an early example of product placement:
http://lileks.com/bw/TV/perry/cast/5.html

Last edited:

Barb

Record Breaker
:rofl: I have nothing substantive to add, but this is the best argument ever in the sense that Law and Order is so known for its accuracy that it has created its own reality. :dev2::laugh2:

:laugh: I think it is a rule that to make a film or a series it is mandatory that they move away as much as possible from reality :p

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
well, that's fair to be pointed out, but in case of one team's error, another one has to step it up and seize the opportunity to move up and Gilles/Poirier did it, quite unexpectedly for a lot of people due to their inconsistency in delivering clean, high levels program regularly. No one should really blame them to grab the chance and hold it by its horns, because they really smoothed out that SD it seemed and defend themselves in FD despite program being completely new, error on twizzles and lack here and there in continuity and flow of the piece. I think that this attitude and determination alone presented - combined with silver medal at Nats - could be really a push for them to get themselves in more 'winner'/real contender-competitor mind-set going forward, not just being the quirky ones with originality and non-standard approach brought to the field. I'd really love them to stay few seasons more to develop more stronger and profound as competitors.

Yes, they had almost all level 4 SD before Andrew tumbled down. Probably wouldn't have been enough otherwise, but still they did the best they could.