2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating | Page 915 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I was looking forwad to see all 3A again. So sad... :( I hope it's nothing serious. Also, Ksenia now will have to carry this burden to replace her. I hope nobody will make it even heavier for her.

Giltedge

Final Flight
I was looking forwad to see all 3A again. So sad... :( I hope it's nothing serious. Also, Ksenia now will have to carry this burden to replace her. I hope nobody will make it even heavier for her.

They should have appointed Kanysheva, so that we could still have a 3A to support ;)

Seriously though, Ksenia is fortunate to pip ahead of Alёna, who has been outperforming her all season. Perhaps Alёna's recent illness still ails her or perhaps it is about availability. (Nice opportunity for Ksenia, of course.) (Edit: Talking about Kanysheva.)

karina17

Final Flight
They should have appointed Kanysheva, so that we could still have a 3A to support ;)

Seriously though, Ksenia is fortunate to pip ahead of Alёna, who has been outperforming her all season. Perhaps Alёna's recent illness still ails her or perhaps it is about availability. (Nice opportunity for Ksenia, of course.)

Ksenia is first alternate because of her fourth place at junior nationals. Alëna (Kanysheva) came eleventh there, so I don’t think they could justify sending her, even though she was brilliant at JGPF.

I feel really bad for both Alenas, especially Kostornaia, but I’m really looking forward to see Ksenia skate!

Alextrusova

Rinkside
Very sad for Kostornaia but this is a huge opportunity for Sinitsyna. Her long program at Asian Games was almost beyond belief.

Alextrusova

Rinkside

Seriously though, Ksenia is fortunate to pip ahead of Alёna, who has been outperforming her all season. Perhaps Alёna's recent illness still ails her or perhaps it is about availability. (Nice opportunity for Ksenia, of course.)

Wasn’t Kanysheva like 11th at Junior nationals? No way can she be on the team even if she did well earlier in the season. I’m happy for Sinitsyna. Kind of wish it could have been Tarusina or Vasilieva however then they could have gotten themselves a couple of senior GP events next season

Scott512

Record Breaker
I don't get it....Lol

Kostornaya apparently withdraws from JWC. Sinitsyna in. http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1819/wjc2019/CAT002EN.htm

Nyet! The most beautiful skater in the world will be missed. Seeing Alena at JWC for the last time was my main interest in this event. I hope she gets healthy and focuses on her senior debut next season.

Alena may be growing and we know that causes issues. Poor baby girl. Warm hugs from Flroida.

Fluture

Record Breaker
I hope she is fine and it‘s nothing serious. Poor girl.

I was looking forward to seeing her so much... she was the highlight of the event for me. Hopefully she will be able to have a good rest and focus on her debut next year... but I bet she must be sad, this was her last chance at winning junior Worlds...

Giltedge

Final Flight
Ksenia is first alternate because of her fourth place at junior nationals. Alëna (Kanysheva) came eleventh there, so I don’t think they could justify sending her, even though she was brilliant at JGPF.

I feel really bad for both Alenas, especially Kostornaia, but I’m really looking forward to see Ksenia skate!

Thanks. Yes, that makes complete sense in terms of their options, of course.

Giltedge

Final Flight
Wasn’t Kanysheva like 11th at Junior nationals? No way can she be on the team even if she did well earlier in the season. I’m happy for Sinitsyna. Kind of wish it could have been Tarusina or Vasilieva however then they could have gotten themselves a couple of senior GP events next season

Yes, that's right about JN, thanks.

Re Anna ande Vika, they still can... or not?

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I hope she is fine and it‘s nothing serious. Poor girl.

I was looking forward to seeing her so much... she was the highlight of the event for me. Hopefully she will be able to have a good rest and focus on her debut next year... but I bet she must be sad, this was her last chance at winning junior Worlds...

Thankfully she will still get GP events though. From winning JGPF and being third at senior nationals. And she's got a huge SB. So that's one worry off my shoulders.

Grin

Medalist
According to fso.online Alena has serious injury (smth with her fibula and ligaments)

Fluture

Record Breaker
Thankfully she will still get GP events though. From winning JGPF and being third at senior nationals. And she's got a huge SB. So that's one worry off my shoulders.

Yes, that‘s a relief. And Alena not getting GPs would be a travesty! But still.. this came out of nowhere and I didn‘t expect it all... that‘s why I‘m so sad. It‘s not like we could have prepared for it. I hope she is fine.

well...i can't say i'll be really interested to watch JW now :(

I know many will find this weird but I get what you say. Alena is by far my favorite and I was looking forward to seeing her most. I will still of course watch JW but I can say that a great deal of excitement was taken away by these news... well, at least now I won‘t be nervous. But I‘ll be rooting for Anna to take the win and Ksenia to medal.