Weaver and Poje to sit out Grand Prix | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Weaver and Poje to sit out Grand Prix

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
They want to make hay while the sun shines. Good for them. Opportunities to tour across Canada more than once a year are rare. I guess they have accepted what will happen as a result of missing the GP series. It would be good if they could get out for a Challenger Series event to at least get feedback for their programs but it looks like they will just come to Nationals. Hopefully they get good feedback at High Performance Camp. Skate Canada should bring in outside judges who are known to be harsh in evaluating people. ;)

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Unless Gabby has a great GP season (and she's normally a slow starter) or one of our pair teams (let it be Charlie and Julianne) excel there might not be a Canadian in the GPF on Canadian soil. I think that will be a bit sad for the audience but it will mean without a horse in the race that they should support all the teams evenly.

My early prediction is that P/C, H/D and C/B will be on the GP podium in that order.

Well don't forget that the JGPF happens at the same time. And Stephen Gogolev could make it. :biggrin:

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
It's likely that Gilles & Poirier have good odds to qualify this season, especially with skating at home. The dance is going to depend a lot on who shows up to compete.