TAT interview about Medvedeva, Zagitova, Tuktamysheva | Page 4 | Golden Skate

TAT interview about Medvedeva, Zagitova, Tuktamysheva

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
TAT...

To sum it up she is not satisfied with the decision of the coaching council and says it was not animous because 'one member abstained'.

But wait the absent member at the council was TAT herself who chose not to attent for whatever reason because she was obviously in Saransk. Don't complain to the press about things you yourself had the power to influence and chose not to... If you look at Zhenya's scores at RusNats it should be obvious russia hoped to sent her and not block her from spots.

TAT has secret games in the background always.... I don't understand why she isn't in the Duma...she would have been a good politician

rachno2

Record Breaker
I think the thing is that we don’t really know what the underlying problems are, so even though I said I’d like to see her get an assignment, she and Brian may feel it’s the wrong choice, and turn one down if offered. We all have our ideas of what’s best for her, and it’s fine for us to talk about it, but in the end I think we should respect what they think is best.

@rachno2 - I guess I have a hard time with the idea that she didn’t do enough for an assignment, especially one like Universiade. The US, for example, often splits assignments. But we’ll see what happens.

That’s why I said Euros/Worlds berth :) I think Konstantinova doing Universiade right before Worlds (if she gets that assignment) is a huge mistake.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Literally the only thing Zhenya fans are salty about is the fact that she didn‘t even get Universiade assignment. Not Worlds or Euros. Universiade is what we’re constantly talking about ... Because yes, she would deserve a spot to compete once more this season given her past achievements. Not Euros or Worlds but anything else at least. The B team always went to Universiade. They have always done it like that, there is no sense in changing it now unless it‘s a special situation like in Liza‘s case.

And Stasya doing Universiade so closely before Worlds... I like her a lot and it was painful to watch the Worlds last year. I don‘t want that to happen again and I feel like she should concentrate on Worlds and not stress herself further with a competition so close to it.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Literally the only thing Zhenya fans are salty about is the fact that she didn‘t even get Universiade assignment. Not Worlds or Euros. Universiade is what we’re constantly talking about ... Because yes, she would deserve a spot to compete once more this season given her past achievements. Not Euros or Worlds but anything else at least. The B team always went to Universiade. They have always done it like that, there is no sense in changing it now unless it‘s a special situation like in Liza‘s case.

And Stasya doing Universiade so closely before Worlds... I like her a lot and it was painful to watch the Worlds last year. I don‘t want that to happen again and I feel like she should concentrate on Worlds and not stress herself further with a competition so close to it.

Yeah that's dumb, if Stasya goes to Worlds i hope she WDs Universiade.

melgirl25

Medalist
TAT has secret games in the background always.... I don't understand why she isn't in the Duma...she would have been a good politician

That is why I am not worried about Evgenia not getting the Universidade spot. If Stasya goes to Worlds she is first alternate anyway for Universidade and will go. If Zhenya was given Universidade than she wouldn’t have any chance to go to Worlds due to travel and the timeline of both competitions. Just seems less likely. My guess is she will do one or two more competitions before Universidade and they can decide the team from those outcomes. Besides Liza and Alina I don’t think the Fed is too sure who is getting the third spot.

I know it seems counterintuitive and not right but that is my hunch.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
My guess is. RusFed wants to ensure they send the right people to Worlds. They probably send Sofia with Stasia and Alina to Euros
1. Because she was consistent this whole season, she even made it to the GPF. 2. To see how high Stasia and Sofia can score at Euros and how they keep it together at a big competition. I do not think that RusFed has abandoned Evgenia like TAT is suggesting, I think they just want to estimate if it is worth it to send her this season to Worlds or if it is smarter to send the other girls. As Evgenia said that she will be in more competitions this season, my guess is she will go to the Russian Final Cup, which is a qualifier for Worlds or/and another B competition in Europe. I think RusFed will then compare how all the girls held up in these competitions (Euros & Russian Cup Final) and will then estimate, who they will send to Worlds and maybe change who will go to Universiade depending on that. That is just my speculation.

moriel

Record Breaker
My guess is. RusFed wants to ensure they send the right people to Worlds. They probably send Sofia with Stasia and Alina to Euros
1. Because she was consistent this whole season, she even made it to the GPF. 2. To see how high Stasia and Sofia can score at Euros and how they keep it together at a big competition. I do not think that RusFed has abandoned Evgenia like TAT is suggesting, I think they just want to estimate if it is worth it to send her this season to Worlds or if it is smarter to send the other girls. As Evgenia said that she will be in more competitions this season, my guess is she will go to the Russian Final Cup, which is a qualifier for Worlds or/and another B competition in Europe. I think RusFed will then compare how all the girls held up in these competitions (Euros & Russian Cup Final) and will then estimate, who they will send to Worlds and maybe change who will go to Universiade depending on that. That is just my speculation.

Euros team is already defined: Stasya, Alina and Sofia. Those 3 will be sent unless injury.

Also, historically, rusfed doesn't do skateoffs - they send the same team to worlds and euros. If someone WDs, they send the next top finisher from rusnats. The main exceptions are done to skaters who skipped both rusnats and euros due to injury. Those usually replace either the one who did worst in euros or at rusnats.

Just posted a huge list of rusfed decisions a few posts above, maybe it will help to see how they tend to think.