Congratulations on The Victory Day from skaters | Golden Skate

Congratulations on The Victory Day from skaters

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
May 9 is The Victory Day
we celebrate the end of The Great Patriotic War
(that part of the World War 2 which took place on the Soviet lands)

Some skaters were telling about their relatives who participated in the WW2, some skaters shared their thoughts. Evgenia Medvedeva tells that after the war her great-grandpa started to celebrate his birthday on May 9. He didn’t change the date in his documents, but started to celebrate it in on the Victory Day.
For me this day became very important too, when I became adult. I think it is something like Eastertime: it is like revival of the world – and it is also a feeling that people of my country are almost my family. And people of other countries too.
So I have translated those posts by skaters which I had found (Tatiana Volosozhar, Maxim Trankov, Ekaterina Bobrova, Dmitri Soloviev, Irina Slutskaya, Tatiana Navka, Roman Kostomarov, Adelina Sotnikova, Tatiana Tarasova, Alexander Zhulin, Alexander Enbert, Tatiana Totmianina, Alexei Yagudin, Evgeni Plushenko, Evgenia Medvedeva). You can see the texts and the links here:
(scroll down to see all the posts)

I’d like to share also a skating program by Kuzmina and Enbert to the “Cranes” song
(this is a beautiful song about those who didn’t return from the war)

You can listen to the “Cranes” song in English on another video
(if English isn’t your native language, you can see the text below the video)