2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 75 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

macy

Record Breaker
Yes of course she will find ice to skate on, bit she will be without her coaches and facilities and she is many weeks behind the other girls. It remains a disadvantage.

not if she goes where Plushenko's group is or Novogorsk. she can also do video lessons if she wants to with Brian. i also thought she was training when she was in Japan? as long as she didn't lose much training time, she should be fine.

AshWagsFan

Edges for days.
Final Flight
Country
United-States
Considering she's on the national team I'm sure the Fed will make sure she has access to ice, and I believe Tarasova is a big Medvedeva fan so she can provide her guidance, she can remotely contact her coaches, she's 20 and says she wants to be a coach when she retires, so she should be able to adequately compensate for a few months - she has more than enough resources (less the Tarasova 1, that's just my speculation of someone that she can reach out to for in-person help) to keep herself at her current competition level.

They have to figure something out, Canada’s travel ban for the world has been extended to July 31st

halulupu

Final Flight
Med is in a very difficult situation. She thought it was a clever move to go to Japan and getting some extra ice time while everyone is in lock down. Instead she was locked there for month all alone...now she can't go back to brian. meanwhile he is getting a new nr1 student with rika who has quads and As and correct lutz edge and level4 spins...she finally is back in russia where she needs to ask tat for asylum. Maybe buyanova can offer her a place. I feel for her. She really needs to improve her tech more than anyone else to stay relevant. Now she seems to given up on her quad salch. She cant even earn money in shows. how will she be able to effort brian? Restart with a russian coach or retirement seems her only options. So sad

VenusHalley

Final Flight
At this rates it looks there might be not much of a season. With various travel bans and restrictions, I think it would be better to scrape at least the JGP and GP. Should skaters of some countries suffer for being to sit out the season?

Russians will be on travel bans lists along with Americans. For how long we do not know. But I think in the end, the few weeks for Zhenya will not matter as much.

Scott512

Record Breaker
At this rates it looks there might be not much of a season. With various travel bans and restrictions, I think it would be better to scrape at least the JGP and GP. Should skaters of some countries suffer for being to sit out the season?

Russians will be on travel bans lists along with Americans. For how long we do not know. But I think in the end, the few weeks for Zhenya will not matter as much.

Russia needs to create their own Junior Grand Prix and Senior Grand Prix tours with life in such dire situations. Sad.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Med is in a very difficult situation. She thought it was a clever move to go to Japan and getting some extra ice time while everyone is in lock down. Instead she was locked there for month all alone...now she can't go back to brian. meanwhile he is getting a new nr1 student with rika who has quads and As and correct lutz edge and level4 spins...she finally is back in russia where she needs to ask tat for asylum. Maybe buyanova can offer her a place. I feel for her. She really needs to improve her tech more than anyone else to stay relevant. Now she seems to given up on her quad salch. She cant even earn money in shows. how will she be able to effort brian? Restart with a russian coach or retirement seems her only options. So sad
Well this is a little strange to me. Even if Orser's her coach, Medvedeva should still be Sambo-70's student officially, so her training with Sambo-70 should easily be possible, especially when we consider the exceptional circumstances. Why on earth would she need to ask for TAT's help?

Scott512

Record Breaker
Well this is a little strange to me. Even if Orser's her coach, Medvedeva should still be Sambo-70's student officially, so her training with Sambo-70 should easily be possible, especially when we consider the exceptional circumstances. Why on earth would she need to ask for TAT's help?

Interesting point and that may happen.

Happy Skates

Final Flight

Didn't she officially move her club to CSKA last year? She definitely trained at CSKA when she was in Russia last season, and Tarasova has been on her side through this all. I don't think she's been to Sambo-70 since she left.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Didn't she officially move her club to CSKA last year? She definitely trained at CSKA when she was in Russia last season, and Tarasova has been on her side through this all. I don't think she's been to Sambo-70 since she left.

Sambo-70 is still her club, but she did train last season at CSKA.

Amei

Record Breaker

I threw out Tarasova as a possibility for an in-person coach option, reason being: Tarasova doesn't appear to have any desire to get back into coaching so I don't think Medvedeva would have someone pressuring her/refusing her without a season-long commitment, plus Tarasova is a Medvedeva fan. Regarding where she trains, I doubt Medvedeva would want to train at Sambo, the split from there was not amicable, if she's trained elsewhere before there shouldn't be an issue (after she quarantines and tests negative) there shouldn't be an issue training there again - there's no reason to put anyone in the position of her going to Sambo to train, it's unlikely to end well.

AshWagsFan

Edges for days.
Final Flight
Country
United-States
Sambo-70 is still her club, but she did train last season at CSKA.

Sorry, does anyone really think Evgenia will ever set foot on Sambo-70’s turf again? Mother Eteri absolutely obliterated her when she left!

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Sorry, does anyone really think Evgenia will ever set foot on Sambo-70’s turf again? Mother Eteri absolutely obliterated her when she left!
She still is their member and this would be due to the exceptional circumstances. They have other coaches as well, and Eteri doesn't own Sambo-70.

Indeed, she might not want to train there, but it still is very curious to me how hard she tries to go elsewhere instead of the club she's a part of.

Realistically, why would Plushenko care at all about giving her solid treatment? He has students of his own, plenty of paying customers, etc. whereas I can't imagine Sambo-70 actually refusing to help her if she wanted that.

I don't get the choice by her.

AshWagsFan

Edges for days.
Final Flight
Country
United-States
She still is their member and this would be due to the exceptional circumstances. They have other coaches as well, and Eteri doesn't own Sambo-70.

Indeed, she might not want to train there, but it still is very curious to me how hard she tries to go elsewhere instead of the club she's a part of.

Realistically, why would Plushenko care at all about giving her solid treatment? He has students of his own, plenty of paying customers, etc. whereas I can't imagine Sambo-70 actually refusing to help her if she wanted that.

I don’t know, I think Eteri has a big influence at Sambo-70, and I don’t think she wants Zhenya back. Plus, Sambo-70 already has a plethora of skaters at the elite level that need the ice time during these circumstances that train there full time. I just don’t see it happening with either Eteri or Plushenko. Maybe she’ll go to CSKA or Mishin? Most likely CSKA, Mishin is also a busy man and Zhenya doesn’t live in St. Petersburg.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Medved will be smuggled in a suitcase back to Canada and gain a Quad Sal after that intense strength training of keeping her legs perfectly curled up for hours on end.

halulupu

Final Flight
Med will end up with buyanova. And we all know what buyanova is:a real finisher coach, finisher of career coach.

starlight97

Final Flight
What are you guys talking about? She will obviously stay with Brian. It's just for these next 4 weeks. But yes, this situation will hurt her and she will be even further behind the other girls than she was to begin with

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Med will end up with buyanova. And we all know what buyanova is:a real finisher coach, finisher of career coach.

Lol.

You know i want to like Buyanova as a coach, cause it does seem one of the few in Russia who actually cares about skating skills, gliding,... her skaters are always nice to watch, and they'd continue Brian-Tracy's work with Zhenya but then their skaters never train their programs fully, they should know at this point you can't remain competitive like that.

I think she'll stay with Brian until 2022 but may not qualify for the Olympics (i mean at the moment she's basically already out) so either change coach after that or retire.

Sambo-70 would likely allow her to train but then Eteri would probably make her life a nightmare so she can't train properly or lose confidence, like the usual pushing their skaters to do the most difficult combinations possible right in front of her rivals face as a statement.

Not only that but Dudakov-Tutberidze's working methods are the complete opposite of how Evgenia works at TCC, we've seen with Tursynbaeva you can't use both.

At CSKA she has people rooting for her and that can actually help her.

zounger

Medalist
Medvedeva probably so far had the most ice time during this period compared to other skaters. But even if she didn't, I don't think it's a big issue neither for her neither for other skaters. With the first important competition coming in late December and with the absence of shows to interrupt the training, there is enough time for everyone. So everyone will be fine.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Sambo-70 would likely allow her to train but then Eteri would probably make her life a nightmare so she can't train properly or lose confidence, like the usual pushing their skaters to do the most difficult combinations possible right in front of her rivals face as a statement.

Not only that but Dudakov-Tutberidze's working methods are the complete opposite of how Evgenia works at TCC, we've seen with Tursynbaeva you can't use both.

At CSKA she has people rooting for her and that can actually help her.

Jesus Tolstoj, you really imagine Eteri as some caricature mega villain anti christ, don't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.