2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 142 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Judging from the trailer of that new docu about Sasha, looks like she wasn’t satisfied that her former team wasn’t allowing her to jump as much as she wanted?
She says: „I always wanted to jump, but I was stopped. And that wasn’t the first year when this was happening“.

Looking forward to that film, hopefully it will show us how Sasha is doing and what she’s feeling.

Amei

Record Breaker
Judging from the trailer of that new docu about Sasha, looks like she wasn’t satisfied that her former team wasn’t allowing her to jump as much as she wanted?
She says: „I always wanted to jump, but I was stopped. And that wasn’t the first year when this was happening“.

Looking forward to that film, hopefully it will show us how Sasha is doing and what she’s feeling.

I believe that Danill said something similar that it was them that pushed her to stick to 3 and 4 quads

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Disagree. Tarakanova won gold medal and silver medal in her JGP events and qualified for the JGPF where she was 4th. At this time she was with Plushenko. Then after she left him because of small rink problem, her results were not so great. But still good - she won two bronze medals at her JGP events. Still success.

Tarakanova:

In Tutberidze team: 1st and 3rd at JuniorGP, 3rd at Junior GPF and 7th at Junior Nationals.

At Plushenko Academy: 1st and 2nd at JGP, 4th at Junior GPF , 7th at Junior Nationals

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
I believe that Danill said something similar that it was them that pushed her to stick to 3 and 4 quads

I think it was mentioned quite a few times over the years. That Sasha has to be stopped, or that she will keep jumping, because it’s her favorite thing in the world. She just loves it.
I hope it’s not the main reason for her departure, because with this amount of quads that she wants to attempt, there need to be some restrictions for her own benefit. Plus, help her focus on other elements as well.

dhjh811

On the Ice
You’re laughing now but I have one question for you: Would you have expected at this point last season that Kostornaya AND Trusova would ever change coaches to Plushenko? If so, your crystal ball works better than mine, congratulations. If not - never say never. Alina may make it or she may not. A statement that‘s true for virtually any Russian lady. Some may have better chances at this point in time but we have all seen how quickly things can change.

I frankly find it amusing that anyone would be able to predict anything with such certainty after the last two seasons. Shouldn‘t we all know better by now? :laugh:

Yeah sorry, of all the candidates for Beijing I see her as one of the weakest. I'm sure that I'm not alone in this thought. But true, never say never. But just the fact that we have to be saying "never say never" about her chances of making the Olympics is quite telling.

Maybe this is off topic, but about reigning champions, here is a fun trivia question. Who is the reigning women's North American Figure Skating Champion?

Ans: Karen Magnussen. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
The most hated person in this forum is Eteri Tutberidze and it's not even close.

Personally I don't hate her at all!

She was very determined on becoming a successful coach and she did it, despite starting from literally nothing and facing all the more politically supported rivals. Quite an inspirational story.

I do have some issues with both some of her methods but also and perhaps even more, the media and the messaging around her which is very much defending her no matter what as if she is always right, cause she brings the results so it's all justified. That's the kind of mentality that would then close an eye to potential abuses and other bad stuffs, you have to draw a line at some point on what is acceptable and what is not.

I also think the whole narrative of "retiring now to not waste time" is a giant BS as these athletes already spent 10-15 years solely on figure skating if you are at that level. If you ask me to quit after working 15 years on this, i'd honestly slap that person in the face. You need to respect the person in front of you, as these kids they are spending the best days of their life training, they need more respect.

If they wanted to retire to not waste time, they should have done it at 7-10 years old.

Amei

Record Breaker
I think it was mentioned quite a few times over the years. That Sasha has to be stopped, or that she will keep jumping, because it’s her favorite thing in the world. She just loves it.
I hope it’s not the main reason for her departure, because with this amount of quads that she wants to attempt, there need to be some restrictions for her own benefit. Plus, help her focus on other elements as well.

Based on what's been said it's the main reason or at least the advertised main reason. I said it before I get the impression she has in her mind set the way that she wins and that's by doing all those quads. And based on all her other elements of her competition programs we can tell that's what she focuses on, up until this year that worked for her and this year as long as she wasn't going up against Kostornaia or Shchrebakova it still worked.

NadezhdaNadya

Final Flight
I also think the whole narrative of "retiring now to not waste time" is a giant BS as these athletes already spent 10-15 years solely on figure skating if you are at that level. If you ask me to quit after working 15 years on this, i'd honestly slap that person in the face. You need to respect the person in front of you, as these kids they are spending the best days of their life training, they need more respect.

If they wanted to retire to not waste time, they should have done it at 7-10 years old.
:cry::cry::cry:
Quitting is almost never the answer. Agree.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
The degradation of Medvedeva is still stupid to deny. This is a failure. Her career ended when she left Tutberidze. And this is an unquestionable fact. And that's not the question. Medvedeva left at the peak, and degraded, like absolutely all other former figure skaters Tutberidze, leaving her. Medvedeva confirmed the rule. The theorem is proved. Point. Trusovа and Kostornaya also degrade. Shcherbakova, Zagitova and Valieva will go to the Olympics.
Zhenya would have probably had much of the same season had she stayed, she was double injured. The stress fracture and her back And as we now know not at all a 100 percent healthy at the time of the olympics, that she did what she did there is and always will be a testament to strenght. She also made it very clear there were 2choices stay and give up ice skating (so for whatever reasons if she sfayed she would not have continjed mabye her body could not have taken anymore of eteris training(i dont mean that in a bad way just saying ) or leave and look for another trainer with a different trainings method. And if alina will go again to the olympics or any of the other 2 you named or if sasha and alyona could be two or one name of the olympic team a is at this point written in the stars. Firstly because at this point we dont even kniw if there will be a winter olympic 2022. While i hope we do have one to say it with a 100 percent certanty is unreasonable when looking at the situation with the virus right know.how would . And if all of the skaters stay injury free is another point that we dont have a knowledge of since none of us can see into thefuture. We dont know how alinas comeback will be or how she is next year. Same with all the others actually

Gesendet von meinem SM-T813 mit Tapatalk

Amei

Record Breaker

Disagree, at 7-10 years old their scope of understanding life and what all they can do in their lives is very different from 15-17 years old. 15-17 year old is an age when most kids start to experience more freedom like going out with friends, seeing where to attend university, falling in love and starting to realize they are close to being adults and able to really make their own decisions.

The bolded section is a mindset that contributes to athletes falling into depression after they are done competing.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
It doesn't matter when the peak was, the point is: whoever leaves Eteri, bites the dust.

That may have been true when no one was brave enough to leave when they were on the upswing. Now... as we head into the new post-covid world... it may still be true, or it may not.

Look, did anyone honestly think the Sambo pressure cooker could be screwed on that tightly and not eventually blow? It's not really the coach's fault, she had a product that worked/still works, why mess with it? It's not the girls' fault that they have now started to recognise that they may be the also-rans sacrified to the product's success.

Scott512

Record Breaker
That may have been true when no one was brave enough to leave when they were on the upswing. Now... as we head into the new post-covid world... it may still be true, or it may not.

Look, did anyone honestly think the Sambo pressure cooker could be screwed on that tightly and not eventually blow? It's not really the coach's fault, she had a product that worked/still works, why mess with it? It's not the girls' fault that they have now started to recognise that they may be the also-rans sacrified to the product's success.

Not now. I thought the bleep would hit the fan after the next winter olympics. This blows my mind what has happened the past 3 months. Losing young Sergeir started everything. EG knows how much the kids like him why not offer him more money and responsibility to stay?

I'm also sad for Eteri and a little mad at her too. Someone from the fed needs to ask her not to make immediate comments about transfers because she has a habit of being emotional and angry. I get it but in her position she has to be better, Do we expect EGs daughter Diania will never change coaches again? Would she like it if that coach went public with negative commentts about Diana? I would think not Someone from the fed needs to sit down with EG and tell her not to be harsh to her former students even though emotions are high and its a slap in Eteris face when her kids who she has coached to greatness leave her. Losing Sasha and Aiiona is crushing for TT. Theey can recover if Kamila is great and others come on strong. But man what blows TT has taken recently/

Scott512

Record Breaker
Alina doesn’t need Plushy to make money.

Maybe not. But he will get her to the people who can help her in that department. ;) For those and there are many here who think Alena is gone in 2 years. I say no way. The next winter olympics is likley to be delayed a year or so so Aliona is going to have to hang around longer. She is such a rare gem we need her to stay competitive for a long time. Her skating is that wonderfful.

NadezhdaNadya

Final Flight
I have a question - who is part of Team Russia Juniours?
My guess is Valieva, Usachyova, Maya, Frolova and Samodelkina. Who else? And how come Tarakanova is not part of this team?
Note! Tarakanova is still a figure skater.

sparklestan

On the Ice
I have a question - who is part of Team Russia Juniours?
My guess is Valieva, Usachyova, Maya, Frolova and Samodelkina. Who else? And how come Tarakanova is not part of this team?
Note! Tarakanova is still a figure skater.
Adeliya Petrosyan and possibly Sofia Muravyova. I agree Tarakanova is a great skater but unfortunately injury caused her to miss the second half of the season.

lopsilceci

On the Ice
Country
Mexico
Yeah sorry, of all the candidates for Beijing I see her as one of the weakest. I'm sure that I'm not alone in this thought. But true, never say never. But just the fact that we have to be saying "never say never" about her chances of making the Olympics is quite telling.

Alina wasn't generally seen as one of the strongest and she wasn't the favorite at this point in time before Pyeongchang ;)
Anything is possible.

Amei

Record Breaker
I just realized something - We prayed to the skating gods for another program announcement, and instead we got one retracted! Second year in a row we've gotten a Kostornaya long program fakeout.

Well I think we have the answer on why we haven't got any other program announcements the last 2 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.