1968 Olympics Videos | Golden Skate

1968 Olympics Videos

MCsAngel2

On the Ice
Is there any way to get the footage of the third American pair - Sandi Sweitzer/Roy Wagelin? They finished 7th. Sandi was my first skating coach in the mid 80s and I have always wanted to see film of them competing. They finished 2nd at nationals that year.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
John Misha Petkevich in a suit and tie and not a jumpsuit🙀

And baby Jan Hoffman, how adorable. :DI thought it was a mistake that he was listed for these Olys, what was he, 14?

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is there any way to get the footage of the third American pair - Sandi Sweitzer/Roy Wagelin? They finished 7th. Sandi was my first skating coach in the mid 80s and I have always wanted to see film of them competing. They finished 2nd at nationals that year.
I haven't found anything for them, the original poster does not have them. I am also looking for Karen Magnussen and Nabuo Sato

Last edited:

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
John Misha Petkevich in a suit and tie and not a jumpsuit🙀

And baby Jan Hoffman, how adorable. :DI thought it was a mistake that he was listed for these Olys, what was he, 14?
Jan Hoffmann, four Time Olympian, competed in 1968 at age 12. He was so cute! I also thought the three young girls Beatrix from ROM, Sonja from GDR and Janet from USA were cute. I also loved JoJo and Ken and Tamara & Alexsei.

Misha was certainly the stylish daredevil! I read on the video comments there was a scoring error by the Canadian judge that enabled Wolfgang Schwartz to win over Tim Wood. The standings said Emmerich Danzer (who coached Liz Manley) actually won the free skate. Also, how glamorous was Beatrix Schuba here.

Also what a twist lift by the Kauffman couple.

Last edited: