2007 JGP Final | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2007 JGP Final

all that

Final Flight
I think that Samuelson and Bates (Ice Dancing) will run away with this title.

It will be interesting to see where they will end up at nationals where they will join the big leagues.

Four teams definitely can medal

1.) Tanith Belbin and Benjamin Agosto
2.) Melissa Gregory and Denis Petukhov
3.) Meryl Davis and Charlie White
4.) Emily Samuelson and Evan Bates

Four teams and only 3 spots for Worlds who will go and who will not?

From what little I've seen of both teams, I'd say Crone & Poirer have it over Samuelson & Bates. As for nationals, we'll see if G&P can keep up. I think they're pretty much done.

skatingfan04

Final Flight
From what little I've seen of both teams, I'd say Crone & Poirer have it over Samuelson & Bates. As for nationals, we'll see if G&P can keep up. I think they're pretty much done.

I think Crone/Poirier are awsome, and have a good chance at taking the title over Samuelson/Bates. I havn't seen their new FD, but have read some very good comments from the earlier summer competition in Lake Placid. Their tango OD from last season was really well done. I enjoyed that more than their FD. Either way, I think it will be really close. I can't think of any other teams that will battle with these two for the title, save the Russian team (I can't recall their names at the moment) that nearly beat Crone/Poirier in Croatia.

oleada

Record Breaker
If there's going to be a Russian team on the podium, I hope/think it'll be Monko & Tkachenko. :love: They scored very highly in Austria, and are scheduled to compete in Britain. Loved their Junior Worlds performances and they had only been together for a few months. At Russian junior nats, they beat Gorshkova/Butikov overall and Bobrova/Soloviev in the OD and FD.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think Crone/Poirier are awsome, and have a good chance at taking the title over Samuelson/Bates. I havn't seen their new FD, but have read some very good comments from the earlier summer competition in Lake Placid. Their tango OD from last season was really well done. I enjoyed that more than their FD. Either way, I think it will be really close. I can't think of any other teams that will battle with these two for the title, save the Russian team (I can't recall their names at the moment) that nearly beat Crone/Poirier in Croatia.

Both Monko/Tkachenko and Gorshkova/Butikov will be in there fighting for the title. I wouldn't be so sure that Crone/Poirier's chances for the title is better than anyone else's. Their best score is lower than both M/T's and S/B's best scores.

Samuelson/Bates struggled at the Lake Placid JGP because Emily had a practice accident and had to have her knee stitched, and Evan was suffering from a strained back. But two weeks later they had recovered sufficiently from their injuries to boost their score by 16 points. You can expect even more improvement by December.

MissIzzy

Final Flight
dwiggin, so far:

Ladies:
Nagasu (30)
Hughes (30)
Flatt (28)
Vähämaa (24)

On the bubble:
Gilles (probably in, with a 2nd and 4th place and 22 points total)
Suizu (two 3rd places, 22 points total)

Yet to skate a second event:
Isaakson (11) - needs a silver or gold to guarantee herself a spot.
Musademba (13) - needs 4th place or above
Nishino (15) - Probably in with at least a 5th place finish.

Nishino just won John Curry Memorial, and Musademba finished fourth, so they're both in.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The ladies for the JGPF:

NAGASU (USA)
NISHINO (JPN)
HUGHES (USA)
FLATT (USA)
VAHAMAA (FIN)
ISSAKOVA (EST)
GILLES (USA)
MUSADEMBA (USA)

Alternates:
SUIZU (JPN)
LEONOVA (RUS)
ROSENTHAL (USA)

skatingfan04

Final Flight
Both Monko/Tkachenko and Gorshkova/Butikov will be in there fighting for the title. I wouldn't be so sure that Crone/Poirier's chances for the title is better than anyone else's. Their best score is lower than both M/T's and S/B's best scores.

Samuelson/Bates struggled at the Lake Placid JGP because Emily had a practice accident and had to have her knee stitched, and Evan was suffering from a strained back. But two weeks later they had recovered sufficiently from their injuries to boost their score by 16 points. You can expect even more improvement by December.

I just realized what my last post must have soundede like to others. :laugh: I didn't mean to say that Crone/Poirier had a better chance than Samuelson/Bates, but that they at least had a chance of beating them. I have a feeling that this segment of the competition will have very close results in terms of the podium. I still think that the title will either go to the Canadian or the Americans, with the Russians very close behind. Those are just my predictions, though.

oleada

Record Breaker
Dance Teams Qualified for the JGPF

CRONE / POIRIER 30 328.91
SAMUELSON / BATES 30 327.26
MONKO / TKACHENKO 28 343.21
GORSHKOVA / BUTIKOV 28 333.10
CHOCK / ZUERLIN 26 303.62
PAJARDI / CARUSO 26 298.81
RIAZANOVA / GUERREIRO 26 305.65
LENKO / ISLAM 24 283.43

Alternates:
AGAFONOVA / DUN 22 295.97
MYSLIVECKOVA / NOVAK 22 288.11
MONKO / KHALLIAVIN 22 294.84

oleada

Record Breaker
The men's event hasn't finished.

So far, the following are all in:
Mroz (30)
Rippon (28)
Guan (28)
Kannallakan (28)
Borodulin (26)
Mahbanoozadeh (26)
Bariev (26)

On the bubble:
Gachinski (22)

Razzano needs to win in Britain to make it to the finals. He could qualify with a silver, if he has a higher point total than Gachinski.
Grigoriev needs a silver, and have Razzano finish lower than him, or he needs the gold.

If neither of this happens, then Gachinski is in.

skatingfan04

Final Flight
Dance Teams Qualified for the JGPF

CRONE / POIRIER 30 328.91
SAMUELSON / BATES 30 327.26
MONKO / TKACHENKO 28 343.21
GORSHKOVA / BUTIKOV 28 333.10
CHOCK / ZUERLIN 26 303.62
PAJARDI / CARUSO 26 298.81
RIAZANOVA / GUERREIRO 26 305.65
LENKO / ISLAM 24 283.43

Alternates:
AGAFONOVA / DUN 22 295.97
MYSLIVECKOVA / NOVAK 22 288.11
MONKO / KHALLIAVIN 22 294.84

:clap:for Lenko/Islam! I was hoping that they would sneak in here. Also great news for Chock/Zuerlien. They're a fun, exciting team to watch.

Final 10 Top Results of the Men

how about the men now?`
is Gachinski in?

Junior Men

Result

FPl. Name Nat. Points SP FS
1 Tatsuki MACHIDA JPN
177.20 2 1
2 Douglas RAZZANO USA
174.27 4 2
3 Artem GRIGORIEV RUS
169.72 5 3
4 Nan SONG CHN
169.60 3 4
5 Daniil GLEICHENGAUZ RUS
161.17 1 8
6 Gongming CHENG CHN
155.51 8 6
7 Elladj BALDE CAN
151.30 12 5
8 Mark VAILLANT FRA
150.46 13 7
9 Elliot HILTON GBR
149.86 6 11
10 Ian MARTINEZ CAN
I don't see any Gatchinski listed in the top ten finishes, so I guess Razzano will be in the Finals.

Razzano also finished higher in placement and points of Grigoriev.

Joe

Justlooking

Rinkside
I don't see any Gatchinski listed in the top ten finishes, so I guess Razzano will be in the Finals.

Razzano also finished higher in placement and points of Grigoriev.

Joe

Don t forget Gatchinksy was in this competition :rofl:. No wonder he isn t in the top ten.

Gatchinsky is in

Last edited:

Geesesk8

On the Ice

lutzskate

On the Ice
Good for our Canucks, especially in dance and pairs!

Is Donald Jackson, of the pairs team Jones and Jackson, related to Donald Jackson the famous Canadian skater? Is it his grandson?
(sorry if this has been asked before...I usually only read the threads during the competitive season)

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
Maybe Vähämaa's score was higher than it had been in JPG, but she skated two clean programs, addition 8 triples and thats more than Nagasu has been able to do in any of her competitions this season. And can you say spins are strong point for Flatt?

But about Jenni's spins... Last year JWC she had two level three elements in her lp, steps and one spin. Spiral seq and other spins were level 4. I don't know why her spins are not in those levels this season, maybe she just hasn't been able to do all the revolutions.

I wasn't saying anything about Jenni is going to win or anything, but US girls are not so mutch better or so mutch more consistent that you could compleatly write off everyone else.

Why are we comparing Finlandia vs JGP? Finlandia was a senior event--with (I think, don't quote me on this?) two more elements, and about half a minute more to the FS. Of course she would score higher!