FiDs
StSq
FCCoSp3p

SP: 28.00/27.18 = 55.18, 3rd (out of 7)

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Narumi TAKAHASHI / Ryuichi KIHARA (JPN)

Music: Bossa Nova Baby by Elvis Presley

She's in pink dress w/ cage detail on waist. He's in shirt, grey vest, tie.

3S - she has turnout, look at least <
2FTw
Li
3STh - tilted, but landed
FCCoSp3p
StSq
FiDs

SP: 24.52/22.31 = 46.83, 6th (out of 8)

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Maria PALIAKOVA / Nikita BOCHKOV (BLR)

She's in white/grey lace tutu dress. He's in grey shirt, vest, tie.

Music: Corpse Bride (soundtrack)

3LoTh
3T - hers look at least <
3FTw - vertical air position
FiDs
Li - cool no-hands position
FCCoSp3p - unison off
StSq

SP: 24.35/22.02 = 46.37, 7th (out of 9)

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Evgenia TARASOVA / Vladimir MOROZOV (RUS)

Both in black with sheer and latex details.

Music: Sarabande Suite (Aeternae) by Globus

3FTw - good height
3T - solid
3LoTh - bit forward, hangs on, into spread eagle
FiDs
Li
FCCoSp3p
StSq

Solid skate

SP: 36.33/29.41 = 65.74 (PB), 2nd (out of 10)

Robin is in KnC (with Mozer), he looks very pleased!

HR4

On the Ice
I know it is bad to do so, but I just cant stop feeling sorry for Narumi and her lost opportunities. I just cant see now where this pair can go. Tarasova/Morozov surprised me positively. Mozer seems to keep moving the machine!

Meoima

Match Penalty
I know it is bad to do so, but I just cant stop feeling sorry for Narumi and her lost opportunities. I just cant see now where this pair can go. Tarasova/Morozov surprised me positively. Mozer seems to keep moving the machine!
She could have given up Japanese citizenship just like Kawaguchi and skate with Tran. But I just don't understand why Tran didn't want to give up Canadian citizenship? Pair field in Japan is quite open, had he skated with Narumi, they would have been guaranteed 1 spot at Worlds for the next 5 years.

Macassar88

Medalist
She could have given up Japanese citizenship just like Kawaguchi and skate with Tran. But I just don't understand why Tran didn't want to give up Canadian citizenship? Pair field in Japan is quite open, had he skated with Narumi, they would have been guaranteed 1 spot at Worlds for the next 5 years.

He tried but couldn't get it
They would have had to train in Japan for a certain number of years, which wasn't going to happen in time for the olympics

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker

Japanese citizen is extremely difficult to get. It would take years of Tran living in Japan and speaking Japanese which was of course not feasible for the last or even the next Olympics. The Japanese Fed really wants Narumi to skate Pairs for Japan.

noskates

Record Breaker
Just want to than Sequinsgalore and all those reporting on the competition. Those of us who cannot see it are most grateful!!!! :agree:

Meoima

Match Penalty
Japanese citizen is extremely difficult to get. It would take years of Tran living in Japan and speaking Japanese which was of course not feasible for the last or even the next Olympics. The Japanese Fed really wants Narumi to skate Pairs for Japan.
Japan is weird. They lost the best chance for medals in pairs just because of those rigid rules. Had Tran and Narumi still skated together, they could have gotten more medals at worlds. And maybe got a shot at the olympic bronze someday, maybe in 2018. Poor both of them. :cry:

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Is anyone in the US having problems with the Livestream? It worked okay for me at home, but here at work (not using work network or PC) all I'm seeing are a lot of videos of the ice dancers that say "processing." I am not in the archive. Thx for any help!

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Tatjana Flade reports that Denis Ten withdrew due to stomach flu. Seems like a lot of that going around...

Alex D

Record Breaker
Before I give you my impressions about the SD competition I sadly have to announce that Denis Ten wont be able to compete as he is suffering from a stomach flu.

I really wanted to compete and did the practice session but I realized it is not possible due to weakness. I am very sorry for the people who came to watch and came for me.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Denis will never stop having misfortunes early in the season... hope nothing happens around his gp events this time.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Oh geez! I was really looking forward to seeing Denis' programs. :(

Alex D

Record Breaker
Short dance Summary / Impressions

1. Kaitlyn Waver / Andrew Poje [65.59]

WIthout a doubt the best couple today. Their program did start with a level 4 Twizzle which was close to perfect, especially the intro and I loved that they had that little "lift" right before it , this raises the difficulty even more.

Andrew said later about the SD that it was especially hard to show the differences between the Paso and Flamengo and that this was the hardest part for them to learn and express this season. Oberstdorf he added, will serve them well to see where they are currently standing at and what they could improve in future.

What I liked especially about her is the attitude during the whole program, she kept grabbing her long red dress a lot, something I imagine is easier said than done after all they were in motion all the time. She didnt just use the music to express the theme but also her outfit, great skills in artistry and a stone cold look in her face at all times.

Kaiti said later that the summer was quite challanging for them so she is very happy to be where they are now. Unfortunately for both of them they were penalized for an invalid choreographical element.

2. Madison Chock / Evan Bates [62.80]

First of all she was the only girl today that had her hair open so it was swirling around all the time and this was a wonderful choreographic element as it supported her arrogant and naughty side greatly. She was playing with the crowd all the time, it was a joy to see - such a dangerous, young lady yet you cant take your eyes from her.

Both did start with an amazing srraight line lift, I absolutely loved the entry to it and it deserved its level 4 category. Unfortunately did he struggle a bit during the Twizzle so it was just a three and not that high in GOE.

What I noticed compared to the others before was a great ice coverage and their speed, while its standard to see this for Americans I assume its not for us Europeans so it was a real shift in momentum during the SD competition.

3. Nelly Zhiganshina / Alexander Gaszi [58.67]

They came 11th at Sochi a respectable result, yet they decided to give their personality and style a totally new approach. Over are the very funny and naughty days, they are in a more serious stage now so to speak. They also made use of the new vocal element which is now allowed by the rules.

Also use they sadly made by the choreo violation as their rotational lift right at the end was a tiny bit too long. Yet it was a level 4 so were the twizzles right at the start.

As reason for their change they said, that they dont like to be put into boxes so working with Lambiel is actually giving them the chance to really show a new side about them.

Off Ice Alex said that he was very happy to have such a great line up at Ice Dance this year and that he is also happy that so many people showed up, be it the press but also the fans - something that sadly isnt so common in the german figure skating world.

4. Kaitlin Hawayek / Jean Luke-Baker [53.11]

The Junior Champs of 2014 and based on what people told me, the expectations at home are quite big. They also started out greatly with their level 4 curve lift, it looked so easy.

Besides that, I dont think I have ever seen a 17 years old with such an ice cold expression she really played her role well. Not so well sadly was her twizzle as she hit the boot of Jean Luke at the exit of the sequence and fell, a costly mistake.

Interesting is that even though they had great speed and lines the difference between them and the other pairs seems quite big. Some of the judges gave a whole mark or two less for SS & co, something that i think also has to do with the fact that they are not yet etablied in the senior scene.

5. Elisabeth Paradis / Francois-Xavier Oulette [47.62]

Now to my favorite pair today. Not only did they pick different colors than all the others but also the design of the outfits stood out. He was in black but she had a pink dress just the top of it was in black. Besides that a part of her dress was connected to her thumb so that she was able to use the dress to play around with it. It really looked ace and I wish it would actually transmit to those watching at home.

Another positive aspect was the use of vocals and their entry to the twizzle sequence when he lifted her up a bit just a few seconds before the start of that element. In my humble opinion they were the most entertaining pair with the best fire and interpretation of music.

The whole expression was always a mirror of the musical theme, elements nailed on beat, great opening position with her laying over his shoulder - just perfect ice dancing, wonderful artistry - a really amazing couple that actually takes you on to a journey with their performance.

6. Alison Reed / Vasili Rogov [42.50]

Just like with the Canadians infront of them, a few lower levels at the PD. What I noticed is that it seems like we know them forever even though they are still so young (20 / 22)

Their Straight Line got a level two and the Twizzle received four.

7. Cortney Masour / Michal Ceska [40.15]

In my opinion this pair was really creative with their elements, it wasnt something you see day in and day out. Sure its less difficult than for instance by the Canadians but still - beauty doesnt need to be difficult in Figure Skating, at least in my opinion. Their entry to the lift for example.

What I missed a bit was their interaction with the crowd but this is something they can still work on in future. Nice pair if you ask me. Their rotational lift received a 4 while the twizzle a three.

8. Yura Min / Timothy Koleto [40.10]

They seemed to be very pleased with their performance, I have to admit she is really a cut lady on the ice. They started their program with a level 4 curve lift, sadly the other elements didnt match this and scored either one or two.
Postive to note is that they managed to stay on time with the music, i also liked how they placed their no touch sequence in their choreo. It fit well with the part of the music they were in. Sympathic couple if you ask me.

9. Lauri Bonacorsi / Francesco Fioretti [39.29]

They started the competitions here at Nebelhorn and I felt it was a good start. The italiens received a level 4 rotational lift and three twizzle.

10. Rebecca Kim / Kirill Minov [38.61]

A very young couple and this you ca see, Yet they tried to act into the crowd. Their lift was sadly non, as she slipped from his upper knee and that was all that is to tell about that element. More to say I have about the twizzles they received a three and looked pretty good. Interesting is that they didnt suffer under the choreo penatly like all the others before them.

11. Carter Marie Jones / Richard Sharpe [36.35]

Someone has to be last so it was them today, lots of level two´s and a three for their twizzle which started out a bit shaky but recovered til the end. I liked their timings, most of the elements were on beat.

You can watch all the skates again here,

http://new.livestream.com/accounts/10053677/events/3397094