2014 Olympics Ladies Free Skate | Page 104 | Golden Skate

2014 Olympics Ladies Free Skate

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
The problem with Ashley is that she didn't earn a spot in the Olympics....she was put there..Mirai Nagasu should have been there in Ashley's place. Yes Ashley, speak your mind......you shouldn't have been there in the first place. All the rest of girls were there legitimately and have a right to complain.

She earned her spot by being chosen by her federation, Which IS the criteria, Must we again ?

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
I wonder if Adelina will retire already. I don't see her being World Champion if some of the tops skaters attend. Hopefully Mao will be at worlds.

I would think her a gutsy girl if she goes to Worlds right now honestly,

She'd need to be very comfident, I would be afraid people would try to get back at me through humiliating marks,

We have seen enough of figure skating by now to know that's a possibility

emma

Record Breaker
congratulations to the medalists!

Mao's emotion brought me to tears too. I am very happy that she had the skate and will miss her on the competitive scene.

I'm very happy for the USA ladies too. I have no idea what Ashley said, but I think she should feel proud with her skates. I think Gracie and Polina have very bright futures as do Julia and Adelina (if she continues). And, I'm looking forward to much more from Osmond and Meite too.

I will really miss Akiko. Awww, the Olympics and beginnings and endings of eras.

jcsamex

Rinkside

I totally agree on this. Besides, I just see how awful figure skating fans can be to a 17 year old lady who only tried her best and had a mix of factors that may have helped her. I really hope Adelina doesn't retire but not because I wanna see her *** kicked but because I know she can be the best in the near future without any of the suppossed help she received in this competition.

Panini

On the Ice
I still don't get the downgrade on the first 3-3, None of us watching here did

Didn't get a good enough look at the 2a-3 though, Was it obvious ?

I was watching the CBC stream. Kurt thought the 3-3 was clean in real time. The 2A in the 2A-3T was very obviously under rotated on replay and the British woman even commented on it.

lupojohn

On the Ice
Watching the programs again, I saw some very disturbing looks on Lipnitskaya's face. Looks like ''this is too much for me'', ''please let me be anywhere else but here'', ''don't bother me''. It seems as though this may have been a bit forced ever since the team competition. She just looked really bad. Hopefully, the stress and pressure doesn't ruin her.

alexeifan

On the Ice
Did Adelina only do a 3T-3T? I was thinking she did the 3LZ-3Loop, as I haven't seen the full feed yet. If it's only a 3T-3T this is even worse than I initially thought. Poor Yuna.

And regarding Mao's under-rotation calls, I always wondered why skating wasn't more like hockey or tennis where the athlete could contest to the ref that they believe they should receive full credit. If that could have happened she could have medaled if those jumps were really clean. And if she had, that would have been an amazing feat going from 16th to 3rd.

dardar1126

On the Ice
If being chosen by the federation is the criteria, why have Olympic trials?

In the post event press conference the USFSA official made it clear that Nationals are NOT Olympics trials per se; that the results there are only one of the criteria that they use in making their team choices.

lupojohn

On the Ice
In the post event press conference the USFSA official made it clear that Nationals are NOT Olympics trials per se; that the results there are only one of the criteria that they use in making their team choices.

Sometimes, the USFSA doesn't make sense.

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
Adelina 3Lz+3T was underrotated and with proper edge call and -GEO, her TES should have been 3-4 points lower. I feel that in general, the whole competition, most of the non european skaters are harshly marked. The PCS given for Kanako, ZujinLi, Kaylen Osmond is just plain absurd... oh well...

Once the veteren retired, its going to be a cold war all over again between the Russian and U.S, as I don't seen any skaters from other nations being a podium threat. Maybe Li from China in the mix, if its in a fair world...