2014 Olympics Ladies Short Program | Page 56 | Golden Skate

2014 Olympics Ladies Short Program

Ven

Match Penalty
You knew there would be cheating with the judges again. Now watch how many give Julia 8s and some same components scores.

The judging really has turned into a disgrace.

azure

Spectator
They said this was it as far as the Olympics go. If she wins, she will be back. Guaranteed. It's on home ice with a chance to 3-peat.

I seriously doubt that. It's a possibility that the STUPID Korean Ice Sports Federation might beg (read force) her to bring home another 3 tickets. But Yuna already said time and again that this was her last Olympic performance.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
WEINZIERL Nathalie (GER)

Music: Fever performed by Ted Heath and His Music

Black dress, open back, feathers at neck. Long gloves

3T+3T
3Lz
LSp
2A
FSSp
StSq
CCoSp

Solid skate, she seems happy.

SP: 31.94+25.69 = 57.63 (PB), in 3rd (out of 18)

BostonFan2016

Rinkside
this undermarking reflects Yu Na Kim's example to the world of skaters- her quality giving way to the progress of the skaters now - - - the relevance of that program not comparable to James Bond program - the score for that event reflecting the B level competition she used to prepare this season - hopefully, her free skate is something the crowd can really like

AlexThere

On the Ice
For the Yuna fans, why is she quitting after this season if the next Olympics will be in Korea, and she will still be young then?
She said she's struggling with lack of motivation since 2010 Vancouver. Also, she'll be 27, which is considered being ''old'' for a figure skater. I know there were many skaters still competing at that age, but she said herself in some documentary ''I just realized that I'm 23, I'm too old''. And - I think it's better to leave in a good style than force competing and leave in a worse style. I mean.. Sasha Cohen.. she came back in 2010.. people remembered her as a great competitor, but her 2010 performance at 2010 Nationals was not that good, she took 4th place. Same Plushenko - he's awesome, but he withdraw from the Olympics. His performances were forced. And audience doesnt want a skater to force himself to perform.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
I would score Yu-Na:

3Lutz+3Toe, +2 GOE
3Flip, +2 GOE
FCSp4, +1 GOE
2Axel, +2 GOE
LSp2, 0 GOE
StSq3, +2 GOE
CCoSp3, +1 GOE

SS - 8.75
Trans - 8.0
Performance - 8.5
Chor - 8.25
Interp - 8.5

Total - 69.93

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
That was lovely. I could not help but notice that Yu Na's semi-biellmann was slightly to one side, making it easier on her back, and also there was another move that showed special respect for her back. I think she has had some back trouble that is healed now, but some strain remains. She covers it well, though.

Last edited:

NorthernLite

On the Ice
All streams I check showing hockey/ curling. (And plus they may’ve given my work PC viruses!)

Eh, maybe just watching results is less stressful anyway. Esp. when Ash skates.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Deflate Yuna's scores and inflate Julia's scores (PCS) to keep Julia close. Julia's will be very high!!!!!!!!