2014 Olympics Ladies Short Program | Page 58 | Golden Skate

2014 Olympics Ladies Short Program

jkun

Final Flight
I mean, it wasn't a her best 3Lz-3T. I will still be upset if Julia manages to get 1.40 again though. In fact, if there's another flutz and its not called... :mad:

HalfTriple

Match Penalty
I mean, it wasn't a her best 3Lz-3T. I will still be upset if Julia manages to get 1.40 again though. In fact, if there's another flutz and its not called... :mad:

Haha they might just do that. But that will be a judging fraud.

Ambivalent

On the Ice
I do not think she was really underscored. I mean at Vancouver she collected 4ish points from her spiral sequence. There is no spiral sequence anymore. That said, if Yulia scores 74 for her short despite her jumps I will be quite upset indeed.

billie

Spectator
Referring to her (Yuna)interview, she felt something wrong with her legs during warm-up. So she was nervous and had no confidence on jump starting the program.

Panini

On the Ice
One clean performance, two more to go. Team Yuna/Mao/Carolina! Hoping Julia/Gracie/Zijun have good skates too but the older skaters are my sentimental favorites.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
HELGESSON Viktoria (SWE)

Music: Mystery Waltz by Laeroport de Biarritz
Waltz (from "Eyes Wide Shut" soundtrack) by Dmitri Shostakovich

Pink dress w/black details, open back. Long black gloves

2T - fall, meant to be 3T+3T
3Lo - very round landing, forward, hung on (good she didn't do +2T)
LSp
2A - stepout, hand down
FSSp
CCoSp
StSq

Disaster skate with two big mistakes - might not even make the FS

SP: 21.83+27.01-1.00 = 47.84, 16th (out of 19)

hurrah

Medalist
Hey, I just looked at Yuna's 3-3 in slow-mo (am watching it on digital tv here) and the second jump looked, really, really borderline. I think the caller is generous!! :)

CarneAsada

Medalist
I do not think she was really underscored. I mean at Vancouver she collected 4ish points from her spiral sequence. There is no spiral sequence anymore. That said, if Yulia scores 74 for her short despite her jumps I will be quite upset indeed.
Exactly. That and the lower GOE scaling mean she has to do much more work to break 75. Her components went up quite a bit since Vancouver as well.