2014 Olympics Ladies Short Program | Page 60 | Golden Skate

2014 Olympics Ladies Short Program

yinup

Spectator
I do not think she was really underscored. I mean at Vancouver she collected 4ish points from her spiral sequence. There is no spiral sequence anymore. That said, if Yulia scores 74 for her short despite her jumps I will be quite upset indeed.

could someone explain to me about this- there is no spiral sequence in Yuna's program only or not a required element anymore? thanks!

ahy

Final Flight
as long as julia doesn't score GOE1.4 for 3Flz+3T then I'm fine with it.. and the PCS score shouldn't top yuna's...anyways, what placement the girls get i'll be happy for them

CarneAsada

Medalist
3T-3T BEAUTIFUL
3F popped. :cry:
2A excellent.

I like where she mimes herself doing archery. That's what she's doing, right? I don't mind her using Bach's Chaconne (kind of refreshing) but to adulterate it with the far inferior (and inauthentic) Vitali Chaconne is inexcusable.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
MURAKAMI Kanako (JPN)

Music: Violin Muse by Ikuko Kawai

Grey, pink, black, white swirly dress

3T+3T - good height and flow, maybe 3T<+3T< in replay
FCSp
CCoSp
1F - oh no!
2A
StSq
LSp

Big mistake with the pop, sadly. That's going to cost...

SP: 26.72+28.88 = 55.60, in 6th (out of 20)

Mirunna

Record Breaker
could someone explain to me about this- there is no spiral sequence in Yuna's program only or not a required element anymore? thanks!

It's not a required element anymore. With the spiral, her score would close to Vancouver

azure

Spectator
Yuna's Post-SP interview

Q: How do you feel about your performance?

A: During the warmup, for some reasons unbeknownst to me, I couldn't jump. My legs wouldn't move. Going into SP, I kind of panicked.
I told my self just jump as I did during the practice sessions. The first jump kind of went well and helped
me through to the end.

Q: You cleaned but the score is lower than Vancouver.

A: It might be because I performed early in the competition.
And the rules change every season. So you can not have a one-on-one comparison.

Rough translation. You guys might want to know.