2014 Olympics Mens Free Skate | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2014 Olympics Mens Free Skate

Miss October

Rinkside
Yeah, that was a good show. No deductions were listed. How much is the deduction for music with lyrics?

-1 I think. But he didn't get it!!! BBC announcers said next year vocals will be allowed for all disciplines. Is that right?! If so, things will get very interesting...

onodian

Rinkside
Hendrickx's music edit is horrid. It's like they tried to create the absolute worst blend out of rhapsody in blue + piano concerto

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
was the theme 'journey through american music' or something? or maybe 'pick the most jarringly different pieces of music and make sure they clash together as horrifically as possible'

ARipp42014

Medalist
Considering he has nothing to lose, maybe Jeremy should add the lyrics "let's start over again" to his music.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
HENDRICKX Jorik (BEL)

Music: Rhapsody in Blue by George Gershwin

Dark blue velvet costume, matching gloves

3A+2T - turn inbetween, maybe free foot down to get +SEQ penalty
3A - tilted, turnout
3Lz+3T
StSq
FCSp
3S+2T+2T - 'Rippon on last toe
3Lz - maybe bit scratchy
3F
3Lo - maybe bit scratchy
CSSp
ChSq - spread eagle, steps, ina bauer
2A
CCoSp

Small problems with 3A, but overall solid.

FS: 73.88+67.64 = 141.52 (PB), 214.04 (PB), in 1st (out of 8)

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
While not as good as his short, I still think Hendrickx has got something worth watching. Some of those spins were lovely.

onodian

Rinkside
was the theme 'journey through american music' or something? or maybe 'pick the most jarringly different pieces of music and make sure they clash together as horrifically as possible'

Thing is, it takes some raw talent to take the piano concerto and Rhapsody in blue by Gershwin, and still manage to make such a horrid cut of music for a skating programme. This is not something just anyone could pull off.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Oh Jeremy, if this is your last competitive performance, please skate well….

Happy Valentine :love: