FCCoSp3p
3Lz
ChSt
CCoSp3p

Strong skate from Nguyen, especially this early in the season

FS: 159.55, 225.63, 1st

charmblade

Final Flight
I thought Jeremy's program was lovely, but it probably helps that I just love that song so much.

Nam was really good tonight! Although I don't know about that outfit, I was getting Javier-vibes off that thing.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Count my household as another Patrick Myzyk fan. My better half had to bring work home yesterday but he stopped to watch him skate. It is just so nice to see someone a bit different on the ice. He does not look out of shape to me, but does look a little more of the linebacker/weightlifter body type. But he can still move, he clearly enjoys it and finds stuff that works for him. I love it!

Does anyone know how tall he is? I am wondering how much is that he is build stocky, and how much it might just be he is a bit taller so has a larger frame?

Also, the better half immediately asked "why is he not doing pairs" which i thought was an interesting questions. His logic was that the guy is not quite on the level of the top single men, but seems like he could keep up with the male pairs skaters rather well, and with his size can you imagine how much he could launch a little waif of a partner? Anyone have any insightful comments on why a skater like him may not go that route (other than Poland may not have a lot of choices of partners). Better half with very little skating knowledge thought he looked a little slower on the spins, and seemed to get a bit lower on the jumps. . . I'd love hear from people more knowledgeable how much of an issue this is, how much of a style issue it is and how much of it is an illusion.

I Googled him and there's scant information, other than that he was born & raised in Canada to Polish parents. He doesn't look that tall to me...maybe 5'7-5'8? Hard to tell...

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Alexander JOHNSON (USA)

Music: Sweeney Todd by Stephen Sondheim

Pinstripe pants, vest over blouse, cravat

3A - fall
3A+REP - twofoot, stepout, add +2T
3Lz+1Lo+3F - twofoot 3Lz, twofoot 3F, maybe <
FCCoSp3p
StSq
3F - twofoot, stepout, hand down
3S - maybe <
2A+2T - forward on axel
3T
CSSp
ChSt
2A - stepout, hand down
CCoSp3p

FS: 126.07, 193.06, 6th

casken

On the Ice
Tough skate for Johnson. The jumps aren't all back yet, and the program isn't a captivating as the Eleanor Rigby one. It's going to be tough to top that one.

charmblade

Final Flight
I love Alexander's packaging- the music, the look, everything. Also, I think he might be my new skating crush. Shame about the jumps though.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Ross MINER (USA)

Music: Romanza by Andrea Bocelli

Dark red satin blouse, dark grey pants

4S - hand down, stepout
3A - hand down
3Lz+3T
StSq
FSSp
3A
3Lo
1Lz+1Lo+2S
2F
2A
CCoSp3p
ChSt
FCCoSp3p

FS: 147.02, 227.26, 1st

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Ronald LAM (HKG)

Music: The Phantom of the Opera

Black vest, pants, white shirt

4T - fall
3A
3F - hangs on
FSSp
FCCoSp3p
3Lz - fall
3Lo
3Lz+2T - forward on lutz
StSq
3S+3T - hangs on
2A+2T - bit low on axel
ChSt
CCoSp3p

FS: 123.02, 196.77, 5th

jace93

On the Ice
What a shame that Nam singled that lutz in the short... if not for that he would have won ( and rightly so IMO)...

On the bright note right now he has the second highest free skate score of the season so far ...

gold12345

Medalist
Nam was great. For someone so small, he jumps really well. You would think he would lack the physical strength for decent quads and 3As, but they look pretty good. I'm curious to see how he maintains his jumps as he grows. And on another note, he seems more comfortable in LPs than in SPs right now. I remember him at Worlds being pretty low after the SP and pulling up in the LP. And this summer I saw him in an event where a similar thing happened. Perhaps it's just a coincidence and not that he has a preference for LPs.

charmblade

Final Flight
I have no problem with Ross, he's a hometown Boston boy for me and I was rooting for him. I'm glad that he won, and I love his short program. I also like slow programs, I just didn't see anything that stood out for me on this one. Just not my cup of tea.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Brendan KERRY (AUS)

Music: Piano Concerto No. 2, No. 3 by Rachmaninov

Dark blue sparkly top, black pants

2S
4T - fall
3A - stepout, hands down/fall
FCSp
2F - wobbly
StSq
3A+REP - stepout, hand down
CSSp
3Lz+2T
2Lz+3T - hand down
2Lo
ChSt
CCoSp3p

FS: 103.90, 168.72, 6th

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I'm so sorry about Kevin's boot problems...but on the positive side, I LOVE his costume this year. Last years LP costume was just ????? but this year it matches the music and it looks very cool. I hope he can find the right boots.

emdee

Final Flight
I have no problem with Ross, he's a hometown Boston boy for me and I was rooting for him. I'm glad that he won, and I love his short program. I also like slow programs, I just didn't see anything that stood out for me on this one. Just not my cup of tea.

I too felt that it was too slow. There is slow and there is slow and boring and it was the latter.

emdee

Final Flight
Nam was great. For someone so small, he jumps really well. You would think he would lack the physical strength for decent quads and 3As, but they look pretty good. I'm curious to see how he maintains his jumps as he grows. And on another note, he seems more comfortable in LPs than in SPs right now. I remember him at Worlds being pretty low after the SP and pulling up in the LP. And this summer I saw him in an event where a similar thing happened. Perhaps it's just a coincidence and not that he has a preference for LPs.

I don't know his height but he is not so small anymore. He is taller than Brian.