2014 Skate Canada Autumn Classic | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2014 Skate Canada Autumn Classic

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm so sorry about Kevin's boot problems...but on the positive side, I LOVE his costume this year. Last years LP costume was just ????? but this year it matches the music and it looks very cool. I hope he can find the right boots.

It makes me so sad and mad. He's so talented and when he has the right boots his technical skills are AMAZING. UGH!!! I wish I can find a perfect solution to the skate issue. WHAT is going to make the heel of the boots STAY small enough that he'll be able to skate AMAZINGLY!

I quite liked last year's tbh.

I wish I had super powers to fix it.

AprilS

On the Ice
Sorry if it's been mentioned before, but according to Bevsmithwrites, it was Jeffery Buttle going around with the ice bucket and fixing the ice between skates! :laugh:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I guess it is hard to find work. I think it is great that Jeff Buttle is willing to take relatively menial jobs to pay the bills; I think we should respect someone who is willing to just work hard though I would rather see him skate.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I guess it is hard to find work. I think it is great that Jeff Buttle is willing to take relatively menial jobs to pay the bills; I think we should respect someone who is willing to just work hard though I would rather see him skate.
I don't think Jeff goes around with the ice bucket and fixing the ice just to pay the bills. And I doubt that the job is paid well anyways. I think he simply likes to do it to help out the others. After all Jeff is often invited to ice shows in Japan, he doesn't need to take relatively menial jobs.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
^Methinks Skater Boy's post was tongue-in-cheek.

And it was lovely of Jeffrey Buttle, 2006 Olympic bronze medalist, 2008 World champion, 2005-2007 Canadian national champion, to help out. :)

jace93

On the Ice
I don't think Jeff goes around with the ice bucket and fixing the ice just to pay the bills. And I doubt that the job is paid well anyways. I think he simply likes to do it to help out the others. After all Jeff is often invited to ice shows in Japan, he doesn't need to take relatively menial jobs.

Also he's having quite a successful career as a choreographer so I don't really think his in such a great need of money...

seabm7

Final Flight
Somewhere around the facebook (or twitter?) comments I read that Mrs. Buttle (his mother) is on the local organizing committee.

emdee

Final Flight
It was great to watch Jeff who was cheered and teased.
The rink has great memorabilia of their three major crowns...Orser, Buttle and Stojko. Also Pics from a ton of skaters who worked with Doug Leigh over the years.

blue_ice

On the Ice

I agree, especially because that Barrie rink was his home rink, he was raised there. So why not have fun and help out. Kudo to Jeff!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Sorry if it's been mentioned before, but according to Bevsmithwrites, it was Jeffery Buttle going around with the ice bucket and fixing the ice between skates! :laugh:

... I think he simply likes to do it to help out the others. ...

It was great to watch Jeff who was cheered and teased.
The rink has great memorabilia of their three major crowns...Orser, Buttle and Stojko....

... that Barrie rink was his home rink, he was raised there. So why not have fun and help out. Kudo to Jeff!

Buttle's ice-patching at the Autumn Classic was well-documented :) on social media with lots of photos, such as these:

ETA, Skate Canada's caption refers to Buttle's "volunteering," lest Skater Boy or anyone else feel any doubt.

Adding to Meoima's comment :agree:, Buttle helped out in at least one other way at the Autumn Classic (at his home rink, as others have noted).
‏@_David_Molina
Live from Barrie #ACI14 #jeffreybuttle is doing very well in his new bar tender role at the hospitality room!
7:32 PM - 16 Oct 2014
https://twitter.com/_David_Molina/status/522938060304969728 (photo attached)​

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Jeff is one well dressed menial worker. :agree: A friend and I used to agree on that just because we were down on our lucks didn't mean we had to look like Les Miserables.

Love this photo from P. J. Maybe he will start a one gloved trend that does not involve a white sequined one.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Really? Thanks, I had no idea - I'll now think of Clark Kent whenever I see their articles ;) - hmmmm.... I wonder if Sarah bears any resemblance to Lois Lane at all? :)

I should have added that Tom Z gets top billing as Rogozine's coach (altho' I guess TZ did not travel to Canada).
My understanding is that Drew provides coaching and choreography for a lot of TZ's skaters ... also for pair skaters in Colorado Springs. Not sure whether Drew has some students of his own, but I think so.

Photo of Sarah Brannen with Drew (sans eyeglasses ;)):

BTW, they are platonic friends, AFAIK ...no romantic intrigue a la Lois and Clark, unless I am mistaken.

ETA, nice comment from @KurtBrowning on how Buttle was pitching in:
@SkateCanada @J_Butt #
Now I know why he is so busy all the time.
Taking care of the temple as Scott Hamilton used to say !

4:37 PM - 15 Oct 2014
https://twitter.com/KurtBrowning/status/522531829342273536

Meoima

Match Penalty
Jeff is one well dressed menial worker. :agree: A friend and I used to agree on that just because we were down on our lucks didn't mean we had to look like Les Miserables.
Love this photo from P. J. Maybe he will start a one gloved trend that does not involve a white sequined one.
How cute! I will never stop loving him. :love:

LRK

Record Breaker
I should have added that Tom Z gets top billing as Rogozine's coach (altho' I guess TZ did not travel to Canada).
My understanding is that Drew provides coaching and choreography for a lot of TZ's skaters ... also for pair skaters in Colorado Springs. Not sure whether Drew has some students of his own, but I think so.

Photo of Sarah Brannen with Drew (sans eyeglasses ;)):

BTW, they are platonic friends, AFAIK ...no romantic intrigue a la Lois and Clark, unless I am mistaken.

ETA, nice comment from @KurtBrowning on how Buttle was pitching in:
@SkateCanada @J_Butt #
Now I know why he is so busy all the time.
Taking care of the temple as Scott Hamilton used to say !

4:37 PM - 15 Oct 2014
https://twitter.com/KurtBrowning/status/522531829342273536

Thanks for all the info, golden! Oh, I wasn't thinking romance - more the journalist/superhero saving the world sort of thing. :) Alas, I understand there's a serious dearth of phone booths these days, so, he could run into some problems. ;)

Sackie

Medalist
Not sure I understand the jump REP in the pairs here. Purich/Wolfe got their triple toe marked as a REP cause she fell yet Grenier/Deschamps triple salcow was called a combo!

Barb

Record Breaker
Why Sara and Adria have so low scores?, they were great, their FD were a dream