2014 Worlds - Ladies Free Skating | Page 55 | Golden Skate

2014 Worlds - Ladies Free Skating

CarneAsada

Medalist
The problem I have with her is she skates everything in the same mood. I call her Little Miss Forlorn. Unrequited teenage love. Nazi atrocities. All forlorn. All the time. There's no difference. But she's very young. I wonder what she would be like skating to a Latin program. Would that be forlorn too? I wonder...
She could try the Agony Tango. Or Piazzolla's Invierno Porteño. Some tangos can still be gloomy or forlorn.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
It's not going to happen. Sorry. She said in the interview that she will continue with the same theme. Not wanting to step out of the comfort zone.

There's potential comedy material there. Hmmm, perhaps when I haven't been up all night... But the possibilities are endless.

Maybe she can do a Carrie at the prom theme next...

pointyourtoe

On the Ice
ITA - that's the first time I've watched her skating and it was flawless - beautiful choice of music and wonderful interpretation. I'm rooting for her from now on. Future titles will be fought over by So Youn, Polina, Anna, Yulia (although she doesn't to anything for me) & Adelina (if she's still around). I don't think Gracie can improve much and Ashley will be lucky to repeat the performance she had today. She was wonderful at World's two years ago in Nice but it's been all downhill since then (apart from today). Carolina's score today was a travesty. I'm sorry for her as she's a gorgeous skater, but the judges were far far too generous. Suzuki should have been higher.

She was lovely and she is the great future of SK skating, but I don't consider her a podium contender at this point

jen0210

Spectator
In sochi, commentators said the number of triple jumps had a decisive effect on the results. but today PCS was a crucial factor. I'm so confused.lol

Alba

Record Breaker
Oh that's disgraceful. The commentators did that live?

Yes.

a coach laughing at a skater falling ?
they should be banned or something even taht of Marchei or B/H

I don't know about her in particular but she is one of them. They mentioned the main commentator by name (Arianna Secondini). She is the most horrible one, and said they were laughing and criticising a lot Gracie and Yulia.
The italian fans were very angry tbh and many of them said Carolina got gifted. I don't know about the other (I watch Eurosport) but I'm going to see the reply tonight just out of curiosity and check.

they were probably happy Carolina PCS Queen will be on the podium
when Gracie fell

Of course, but that's low. You should never do that, no matter what.

Kittosuni

Medalist
The only way wagner can medal at worlds is to make a fake announcement that she is retiring and then they will give her the pitty bronze like Kostner. And then she'll announce that she found a new motivation to skate again etc. Then she can announce the fake retirement the following worlds again. Lol

hurrah

Medalist
I really hope Mao doesn't retire. I don't think she's gonna. I'm just not getting any 'I'm gonna retire' vibe from her. She may choose to take a year out, but I don't know. That just doesn't seem like something Mao would choose to do. If she's gonna retire, she's gonna retire. If she's gonna stay, she's 100% in, I think. That's how she is.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
It's not going to happen. Sorry. She said in the interview that she will continue with the same theme. Not wanting to step out of the comfort zone.

Really? That's stubborn and imho, she cannot afford that mindset.

The only way wagner can medal at worlds is to make a fake announcement that she is retiring and then they will give her the pitty bronze like Kostner. And then she'll announce that she found a new motivation to skate again etc. Then she can announce the fake retirement the following worlds again. Lol

Pity bronze? Carolina got her well deserved medal at the Olympics which are more important than WC. I don't see why she had to get a pity-retirement-present here.

Poodlepal

On the Ice
So Gracie was in 5th? Hate to say I told you so!:rolleye:
Another Mirashachelissa!
My prediction: next year, 4th, then she'll get injured and be replaced by a new 4th or 5th place winner.

No medals at all. In a post-Olympic Worlds.What a shame.

Ophelia

Record Breaker
Holy crap, where did So Youn Park come from? is she going to be part of the group to look out for for 2018?

Her technique is beautiful. Why do the Koreans have such good jump technique?

TMC

Record Breaker
There's potential comedy material there. Hmmm, perhaps when I haven't been up all night... But the possibilities are endless.

Maybe she can do a Carrie at the prom theme next...

Or a singles version of the Marilyn/Kennedy theme as seen in Blades of Glory. Complete with bottle of pills in one hand and self-heimliching a bunch of them out with the other

pointyourtoe

On the Ice
I really hope Mao doesn't retire. I don't think she's gonna. I'm just not getting any 'I'm gonna retire' vibe from her. She may choose to take a year out, but I don't know. That just doesn't seem like something Mao would choose to do. If she's gonna retire, she's gonna retire. If she's gonna stay, she's 100% in, I think. That's how she is.

I want her to stay in because I love her and her skating

At the same time, I don't believe she can consistently maintain that max level of skating up until Pyeongchang, which would make it pointless. She deserves a life outside of skating too

tana

Match Penalty
She was lovely and she is the great future of SK skating, but I don't consider her a podium contender at this point

ITA. She's no poidum material at this moment. Satoko Miyahara is whole lot better than her except her microscopic jumps, really.

hurrah

Medalist
Gracie grows. you know? I feel sad that she has such a negative rep now((

I think she ought to just lose that fake blonde look and embrace her own ethnic identity and show that she has changed, rather than going along the b**** prom queen route. Hey, maybe she can do Schindler's List next season.